Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Any up to date guide for Katana's?

Getting straight to the point, i feel lackluster, even for a noob, in katana's. I just need an up to date guide or even tips from some of you veteran katana builders.
    Especially guides covering, what i should invest skill points into.
    The reconmended Rings for katana's (or braver?)
    Is hunter the best choice as a second class with braver?

I won't go into big detail, but all i ask is a good guide on what i should build up towards for a nice strong katana build.
    Currently using Katana as my main class with hunter as a secondary, both level 50.

Thank you.

youre level 50 so you probably don't have all the damage multipliers in Hunter that make a huge difference with your damage.
    Katana is good for mobbing,Bow is for Bossing which in turns means Big damage so you might want to look into that
    Katana is just fine just spamming guren tessen,but there will be people that will call you a noob for doing so but they can fuck off cause they aren't accounting for Guren having 25% less pp cost which is probably the most important factor but others include,being a gap closer,and homing in on weak points and having high vertical range..

Everything Saelix said pretty much.

My PAs are Gurren Tessen three times, a combo of Gurren Tessen > Hien-tsubaki > Sakura-endo, and finally Kanran-kikyou three times.

For rings, I just use Killing Bonus and Air Reversal.
    I probably don't have the best Skill Tree, since I don't actually main Br/Hu, but this is what mine looks like.
    Last edited by Zysets; Oct 16, 2016 at 06:21 PM.

I was honestly thinking the same thing, I had started katana's before a short break..i was spamming gurren more often than not, its practically as strong or even stronger than a level 10 katana skill at level 1 anyway...luckily for me i'm on ship 7 so if someone calls me a noob, i wont understand them because (i do not speak the korean)
    Bows on the other hand, average stance and Fury stance both affect bow damage right? I wouldn't mind a guide or even a build on bows too.
    @Zysets, i'll look towards those rings then, gracias~

Quote Originally Posted by Saelix View Post
    youre level 50 so you probably don't have all the damage multipliers in Hunter that make a huge difference with your damage.
    Katana is good for mobbing,Bow is for Bossing which in turns means Big damage so you might want to look into that
    Katana is just fine just spamming guren tessen,but there will be people that will call you a noob for doing so but they can fuck off cause they aren't accounting for Guren having 25% less pp cost which is probably the most important factor but others include,being a gap closer,and homing in on weak points and having high vertical range..
    Guren is good, but not too good. For Katana Combat Finish you still need Hatou/Kanran, for tall or flying enemies Tsukimi/Nadeshiko Type-0, for small weakpoints or stationary DPS Sakura. Yes you should Guren 80~90% of the time, but not 100%.
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

Well while we're on the subject, i can easily fit a bow build with katana build, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    Everything Saelix said pretty much.

My PAs are Gurren Tessen three times, a combo of Gurren Tessen > Hien-tsubaki > Sakura-endo, and finally Kanran-kikyou three times.

For rings, I just use Killing Bonus and Air Reversal.
    I probably don't have the best Skill Tree, since I don't actually main Br/Hu, but this is what mine looks like.
    eh what 2 button? nope nope nope

at OP use 3 button and stay that way for best results

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Falco View Post
    eh what 2 button? nope nope nope

at OP use 3 button and stay that way for best results
    Honestly, I second the 3 button recommendation. I used 3 Button for everything when I had a controller because it felt more familiar to me, being more similar to PSO and PSU's controls, but I've had to use Mouse + Keyboard for awhile and I cannot get used to it with the mouse, it's really awkward for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Salavtore View Post
    Well while we're on the subject, i can easily fit a bow build with katana build, right?
    Yes Braver is meant to be a hybrid class and do just fine having the necessary skills for both weapons and Average stance.Basic combo for Bow would be Banish Arrrow-Kamikaze Arrow multiple times. That's just the extreme basic combo there are other skills to activate to improve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saelix View Post
    Isn't 50 points enough to get all the fury stance points?