Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

This episode can't end soon enough. What a travesty

The problem is not enemy design, it's mission design - here, but almost everywhere in PSO2. Ultimate missions should be limited to four players, not twelve.

Do we know the potentials for the 13* weapon drops?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahri View Post
    This description says that the 'hidden ability' is not set. Man, I have no idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Sonichi View Post
    It's a 12man TA that acts as a PS4 player catchup quest because Austere is still a bit too time consuming for them to obtain

Real explanation: They got everyone hyped about the Ultimate "aesthetic" and packaged a short to develop, no brains to play arks quest, with a 'decent' weapon dripfeed that isn't enough to upset major austere investors but gives some people enough reason to play it. While giving it a "pro" ranking factor to validate these new blocks, even though this quest is easy.

Wouldn't even surprise me if we get a ton of band-aid fixes in the coming weeks to make it a more "full" experience.
    No matter how you try to spin it creating all these enemies and a new area isn't "short to develop".

Also the ranking factor has existed way before pro blocks. TD EQs are easy to clear with a C rank for the average player but S ranks and clearing fast enough to get more runs was what kept better players interested. Challenge mode was hard enough to clear but your average player could fail at the half way point and still get rewarded for their time. Running seasonal EQs efficiently for extra runs kept better players interested in doing those too.

The problem with this ult is Sega is still trying to cater to both groups of players by making content that is easy enough for these average players to complete and not feel like they've wasted their time. The only thing they can do to keep the better players interested if it's so easy to clear is add the ranking element where they get rewarded for their effort. This is neat for people who like to go fast and people who enjoy TAs but it's terrible for anyone who wants to have some challenge or risk of failure in their content.

They need to either make two versions of ultimate (easy mode and hard mode) or have the one version that is catered towards better players and excludes a large part of their playerbase. I'm not sure why they're so afraid of the latter option when other games manage to do it and still survive, it gives those lesser players something to work towards and try to better themselves.

Lured with Expert block, lured with the quest's condition to be 75/75, and the hype goes on the UQ for these terms. Then BOOM! It's way below expectation. I guess SEGA still don't trust some of us to be good players and those who try to be.

I remember the times where people were so happy with mere stickers from that solo XQ title, so nice they put it in accomplishment thread, and how most people here were quite happy with the Profound Darkness buff. This UQ just doesn't give that same feeling.

Wishfully thinking, I hope they buff it along with better items. Meanwhile I'm just gonna get them eggs. *Sigh*

6mins to ram through the quest *facepalms*

Y'know, I've always thought of many of the denizens here as maybe a bit too curmudgeonly for their own good, but after having spent a good couple of hours playing the new UQ, I can't help but agree with the general sentiment here.

I was expecting something more in-depth and challenging, but the normal mobs are completely uninteresting, and the bosses barely feel any different as compared to their normal counterparts.

I wasn't really all that interested in the Gix series either, once I learned that the damage bonus on them is conditional, but I did initially plan to get at least 3 sets of units. Kinda wondering about that now, as it seems that Saiki/Austere is still more than fine for everything.

So my fastest run so far. I feel like if they relaxed the requirements for S rank to 8 mins or less probably 80% of my runs would make it.

pso20161019_072758_004.jpg

However, I demand an achievement for this one.
    pso20161019_074718_005.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    The problem is not enemy design, it's mission design - here, but almost everywhere in PSO2. Ultimate missions should be limited to four players, not twelve.
    I feel that mpas/12 player content was the biggest mistake on pso2, I think only EQs and LQs/event quests should have been mpa content.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

The ray units are rubbish but it seems there are other 12* units that drop from specific bosses. The wiki doesn't have a full list or details regarding unit sets yet, but hopefully these are better.

It wouldn't surprise me if Sega released the former as easy-to-get "welfare" units and the latter as the real prize you're supposed to farm for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    I feel that mpas/12 player content was the biggest mistake on pso2, I think only EQs and LQs/event quests should have been mpa content.
    Agreed. I said back in 2012 that both MPAs and emergencies were terrible ideas that would kill the skill and teamwork aspects of the game.

I do wonder if people are finding Ultimate Caverns so easy precisely because of the selection achieved by expert blocks... I'll try to solo it once I've played it in a party a few times, and I'll see. Ultimate Complex is rather easy to solo at this point, so it's a good test.

About the Gix potential, what determines the factor that triggers the damage reset? The class you are playing or the weapon type?
    If it's the weapon type, the boots are useless (don't dodge), and I wanted those boots :<