Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MightyHarken View Post
    If you look at the links, you will see SEGA trademark in the 3rd party partnership, along with fromsoftware and bethesda. PSO2 is already on PS4 and will, without a doubt, come out for the Nintendo Switch in due time.
    i did look at the links and i dont see how sega being on there (i mean they make games for the wii u, so obvious) would be like a huge indication/confirmation that this is a sure thing to happen. whether it'll happen or not has me very doubtful but i see another ps0 or spinoff or something likely to happen over a port. i get that its hype but lets not jump the gun here i mean once the scorpio gets release im sure there will be ppl viewing it as "no reason" not to have on there too (even though the xbox is dead in japan)

Exelica of the Blue Sky TheszNuts's Avatar

Won't be a new pso2 port because of the nude body scenes, will prolly be PSZ2.

Also Nintendo region locks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheszNuts View Post
    Won't be a new pso2 port because of the nude body scenes, will prolly be PSZ2.

Also Nintendo region locks.
    I thought it was confirmed that Switch didn't have Region Locking

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

How bout a traditional Phantasy Star RPG? Yeah? Anyone?

Exelica of the Blue Sky TheszNuts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    I thought it was confirmed that Switch didn't have Region Locking
    There isn't 100% confirmation from Nintendo yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    i did look at the links and i dont see how sega being on there (i mean they make games for the wii u, so obvious) would be like a huge indication/confirmation that this is a sure thing to happen. whether it'll happen or not has me very doubtful but i see another ps0 or spinoff or something likely to happen over a port. i get that its hype but lets not jump the gun here i mean once the scorpio gets release im sure there will be ppl viewing it as "no reason" not to have on there too (even though the xbox is dead in japan)
    My thread may be a bit missleading as I'm not sure it could happen, however, given all the hype this console is carrying, it would be stupid to not hop aboard. This is the perfect chance for sega to "make up for their mistakes and deliver the quality the west deserves" Like they said previously.

> PSO2
    > quality

Pick one.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyHarken View Post
    My thread may be a bit missleading as I'm not sure it could happen, however, given all the hype this console is carrying, it would be stupid to not hop aboard. This is the perfect chance for sega to "make up for their mistakes and deliver the quality the west deserves" Like they said previously.
    They don't believe the west is interested in PSO2.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    They don't believe the west is interested in PSO2.
    To be fair, that's not wrong, the PSO community is still pretty niche in the west.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintasticvin View Post
    How bout a traditional Phantasy Star RPG? Yeah? Anyone?
    I'd support an actual Phantasy Star V, if they can bring in Rieko Kodama, Yuji Naka, and everyone else who made the classic series special, I'm all for it. Actually, I'd try it regardless of staff.
    Last edited by Zysets; Oct 20, 2016 at 02:40 PM.

Long Post, Sorry.

Consoles carry hype prior to release due to the fact its software is their selling point, and not the hardware.

PSO-2 is a Japanese-Local Game, intended and defended as such.
    Which means, all thought and possibility of expansion would have to be considered at the local level.

This means if a new console and game are developed,
    Phantasy Star might go to the console, but it will be Japan-Only.
    Hence, not Global.

The truth is...
    if we wanted a real phantasy star-like game...

We would have to write it ourselves.
    We have the Engine, Programming Languages... everything we need to develop it you know...

Take a Page from Rooster Teeth, who created RWBY (the series and the game... which plays like a watered down phantasy star in a way) and look at what happened... Japanese ASKED them to bring their series to Japan, and it became the first time in history that the Japanese asked directly an American Publisher for a series.....

The funny thing is that if the West made out a game like that, I know it can be done much better, without half the Bullshit. I still remember when the Koreans stated in 2002 - 2003, that Americans couldn't write a decent game if they tried... and then out came Worlds of Warcraft in 2004. Two years later, almost every major Korean and Japanese game was adding "WoW elements" into their games to sell them...

My point...
    We shouldn't be thinking in Japanese providing everything to that effect.
    I think we sell ourselves kind of short considering all we have done in the world of technology and gaming.

Done right..
    We could do better you know...
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"