Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Long Post, Sorry.

Consoles carry hype prior to release due to the fact its software is their selling point, and not the hardware.

PSO-2 is a Japanese-Local Game, intended and defended as such.
    Which means, all thought and possibility of expansion would have to be considered at the local level.

This means if a new console and game are developed,
    Phantasy Star might go to the console, but it will be Japan-Only.
    Hence, not Global.

The truth is...
    if we wanted a real phantasy star-like game...

We would have to write it ourselves.
    We have the Engine, Programming Languages... everything we need to develop it you know...

Take a Page from Rooster Teeth, who created RWBY (the series and the game... which plays like a watered down phantasy star in a way) and look at what happened... Japanese ASKED them to bring their series to Japan, and it became the first time in history that the Japanese asked directly an American Publisher for a series.....

The funny thing is that if the West made out a game like that, I know it can be done much better, without half the Bullshit. I still remember when the Koreans stated in 2002 - 2003, that Americans couldn't write a decent game if they tried... and then out came Worlds of Warcraft in 2004. Two years later, almost every major Korean and Japanese game was adding "WoW elements" into their games to sell them...

My point...
    We shouldn't be thinking in Japanese providing everything to that effect.
    I think we sell ourselves kind of short considering all we have done in the world of technology and gaming.

Done right..
    We could do better you know...
    I realize the pso2 in west is far fetched, but initially, I was talking about pso2 having a port on the new console in japan, ofc, if anyone in the west wants to access it, you would follow the same method as the ps4.

Oh boy Autodesk, ebin games, havok & unity logo is in there, is that mean that i can make my very own vidya without using PC?

>DeNA
    Last edited by wefwq; Oct 20, 2016 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    snip
    I agree with what you're saying, we're perfectly capable of producing series and franchises that can rival Sega's Phantasy Star, but I think it's also partially in brand loyalty. You could make a new PSO like game, but it still won't be PSO, if you get what I mean.

I love spiritual successors and fan tributes, but I know there are people who'd prefer having the people behind the game they love actively supporting it.

Regardless, I remember someone was remaking PSO in Unity as a fan project, there was a playable demo somewhere if I remember correctly. It was really nice for what it was, I'd love to see more of that someday.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyHarken View Post
    And why not? Skyrim is confirmed. There's also EPIC trademark in there maybe even GOW might be coming to Nintendo.
    While Bethesda's much beloved Skyrim was clearly shown during Nintendo's Switch reveal video, the publisher told us today that it's not officially confirming the game just yet. "We're happy to have had the opportunity to collaborate with Nintendo on the video. While we are not confirming any specific titles at this time, we are pleased to announce our partnership with Nintendo and support of the Switch. We look forward to revealing specific games and details in the future," a spokesperson said. Skyrim Remastered is set to launch on October 28 for Xbox One, PS4 and PC; perhaps the Switch will receive a version of the Remastered game at launch?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...ially-revealed
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    While Bethesda's much beloved Skyrim was clearly shown during Nintendo's Switch reveal video, the publisher told us today that it's not officially confirming the game just yet. "We're happy to have had the opportunity to collaborate with Nintendo on the video. While we are not confirming any specific titles at this time, we are pleased to announce our partnership with Nintendo and support of the Switch. We look forward to revealing specific games and details in the future," a spokesperson said. Skyrim Remastered is set to launch on October 28 for Xbox One, PS4 and PC; perhaps the Switch will receive a version of the Remastered game at launch?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...ially-revealed
    Well, in the youtube video from NS you can see clearly the remastered version of skyrim, so I do think it will come out at launch. Also, Bethesda can't officially confirm something because who knows what will happen in the future if Nintendo cuts off the deal or anything weird happens. "we are pleased to announce our partnership with Nintendo and support of the Switch." This though is the good news out of that comment, he's confirming a partnership with Nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyHarken View Post
    My thread may be a bit missleading as I'm not sure it could happen, however, given all the hype this console is carrying, it would be stupid to not hop aboard. This is the perfect chance for sega to "make up for their mistakes and deliver the quality the west deserves" Like they said previously.
    everything you said can literally be said for any new game that did well in Japan or just popular in general but it doesnt mean its going to happen or Dev's are going to hop aboard, just how it is which is why I dont believe it will happen but hey, im not saying its not possible just dont have high hopes for it.

PSZ2 or something different seems more likely

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Just go to PSO 3, and lets get back in space!
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

As much as I'd love to see PSO2 on Nintendo Switch, I'd rather see a PS Zero 2 on the console instead. Being able to explore new areas on Coral and the Moon.
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

PSO2 on the Switch and then Nintendo offer to localize it in the west censoring 70% of the game.... No thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    PSO2 on the Switch and then Nintendo offer to localize it in the west censoring 70% of the game.... No thanks!
    Localizing PSO2 is a waste of time and money, to be honest.