Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

If they actually made Skill Board from Nova a thing, we wouldn't even need Subclasses. Of course, that would require changing how Skills work entirely.

Based on my experience with PSNova, this should actually how multi-classing should have been handled in the first place. But I'm not really sure how that would affect game balance.
    Last edited by Altiea; Nov 10, 2016 at 09:56 PM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

The most I will say is that the devs should have thought about hybrids way before the game took off the way it had. Even by then within the release of subclasses a dev should have considered people would want to be xx/xx combination.

Instead, we get Fi/Hu - Br/Hu - Hu/Hu - Ra/Hu - Gu/Hu - Su/Hu - Bo/Hu - Te/Hu

Not much variety as you see :^)
    EVERYTHING IS SUBBED WITH HUNTER

All joking aside - this game did what I feared (not really just known) what it would do. Only make {Fi/Hu - Fo/Te - Te/Br - Br/Hu - Gu/Ra - Ra/Gu - Ra/Hu - Te/Ra - Fi/Br - Fo/Br - Ra/Br - Bo/Hu (I didn't play summoner so I don't know its combination but if i was to assume - Su/Hu - Su/Fo? - Su/Br? - Su/Te?} a possible (correct me if i am wrong) 16 viable combinations out of the 81 to be used effectively with some having a bit more tact than others. However, everywhere I go all I see is Br's and Fi's - it's a miracle to even see an RA or FO. I remember Fighter weren't so popular and everyone hated its weakness - now bandwagon.

Anyway, game w/o it's subclassing would defeat its emulation toward PSO ver.1 since classes had the ability to use things other classes used natively. However, the execution of it fell short of a few to several unique combinations that had been shadowed and can provide alternative methods to subduing mobs (Like Protranser ) in its way.

After thinking about it some more, I feel like PSO2 should have made their skill trees focus on the Photon Arts, instead of on nothing but damage multipliers.

It would be far more mechanically interesting to be able to spend skill points to customize your PAs and techs, instead of having to RNG them in the garbage crafting system. For example, the Hunter's Sonic Arrow could be customized to have a wider hitbox, while also pulling enemies in or something. Or imagine firing off a Foie that turns into a Gifoie when it hits an enemy or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokurokoki View Post
    After thinking about it some more, I feel like PSO2 should have made their skill trees focus on the Photon Arts, instead of on nothing but damage multipliers.

It would be far more mechanically interesting to be able to spend skill points to customize your PAs and techs, instead of having to RNG them in the garbage crafting system. For example, the Hunter's Sonic Arrow could be customized to have a wider hitbox, while also pulling enemies in or something. Or imagine firing off a Foie that turns into a Gifoie when it hits an enemy or something.
    Unfortunately, this would probably require revising how Arts and Techniques are tied to the player, and how they are used with different classes.
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Underneath the hood...
    PSO-2 has graphics and fashion, but at the very end of the day
    its just another beat 'em up game with a multiplier-based "skill system"

My solution to the people (including myself) who post in threads like this, is to simply be diversified in your gaming. If PSO-2 is not your ONLY game, or main-game, it means one can take advantage of what different games offer, instead of spending so much time...posting about what is wrong with the game...
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Underneath the hood...
    PSO-2 has graphics and fashion, but at the very end of the day
    its just another beat 'em up game with a multiplier-based "skill system"

My solution to the people (including myself) who post in threads like this, is to simply be diversified in your gaming. If PSO-2 is not your ONLY game, or main-game, it means one can take advantage of what different games offer, instead of spending so much time...posting about what is wrong with the game...
    I suppose we complain because we care. We care about PSO2 enough that we want to imagine what could possibly be done to make it a better game. If we didn't care, we probably would have quit a long time ago.

Just my conjecture on it, though. Don't hold me to that. For all I know, someone might just complain because they want to complain.
    Last edited by Altiea; Nov 17, 2016 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    I suppose we complain because we care. We care about PSO2 enough that we want to imagine what could possibly be done to make it a better game. If we didn't care, we probably would have quit a long time ago.

Just my conjecture on it, though. Don't hold me to that. For all I know, someone might just complain because they want to complain.
    Like a professor told me.
    "People complain out of one of two reasons:

1) People are DEPENDENT and don't care.
    2) People are not DEPENDENT and do care."

What I find here is that more people are dependent on PSO-2 for their primary source of gaming entertainment. The dependent don't care at-large about the game. They care about the game being tailored to suit their personal needs and desires and nothing more. In fact, dependency is what causes so many opinions and politics to be generated...

My Niece is under 10 years of age.
    I am 36 years old.

Both of us have beaten all 10 blocks of Heaven and Hell.
    She did so as Fo/Te
    I did so as Fi/Hu and Fi/Te.

We both love the fashion and character design the game has to offer.
    However, we both have the same problem with the game....

When my niece and I chose to play together, we annihilated everything the game could throw at us. The game was far too easy to the point we both did not have any fun since everything just died from being sneezed on. It didn't make us happy. It made us sad.

We both agreed that in order to win at PSO-2,
    Its not about pure politics or opinion..
    Its about having the time to get all your weapons and gear, and simply use them.

Winning in this game means having a one-track mind to your class combination, its exploits and just going for broke.
    There is no major strategy to winning,
    There is no need to overthink anything....

She has 60 - 80 hours a week to play video games.
    If I have no commitments, I have 30 hours a week to play games.

She felt alone and knew that whining, bitching, and complaining would go on deaf ears to SEGA. Rather than waste her time, she did the smart thing. She decided to look for a game where she could make friends and play with them frequently without their presence sacrificing any measurable worth of difficulty.

After a while,
    She found the game she was looking for,
    and now she is surrounded by people whom she trusts to play together..

The road was not easy for her.
    She had to deal with the usual garbage found in all online games,
    but she was brave enough to try.

She also had me by her side to help and finally, we can play a game together without having any regrets!
    Periodically she logs into PSO-2 for old times sake, but now that she has multiple games she plays so she logs in to the game
    her heart feels like being in at the time...
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Like a professor told me.
    "People complain out of one of two reasons:

1) People are DEPENDENT and don't care.
    2) People are not DEPENDENT and do care."

What I find here is that more people are dependent on PSO-2 for their primary source of gaming entertainment. The dependent don't care at-large about the game. They care about the game being tailored to suit their personal needs and desires and nothing more. In fact, dependency is what causes so many opinions and politics to be generated...

My Niece is under 10 years of age.
    I am 36 years old.

Both of us have beaten all 10 blocks of Heaven and Hell.
    She did so as Fo/Te
    I did so as Fi/Hu and Fi/Te.

We both love the fashion and character design the game has to offer.
    However, we both have the same problem with the game....

When my niece and I chose to play together, we annihilated everything the game could throw at us. The game was far too easy to the point we both did not have any fun since everything just died from being sneezed on. It didn't make us happy. It made us sad.

We both agreed that in order to win at PSO-2,
    Its not about pure politics or opinion..
    Its about having the time to get all your weapons and gear, and simply use them.

Winning in this game means having a one-track mind to your class combination, its exploits and just going for broke.
    There is no major strategy to winning,
    There is no need to overthink anything....

She has 60 - 80 hours a week to play video games.
    If I have no commitments, I have 30 hours a week to play games.

She felt alone and knew that whining, bitching, and complaining would go on deaf ears to SEGA. Rather than waste her time, she did the smart thing. She decided to look for a game where she could make friends and play with them frequently without their presence sacrificing any measurable worth of difficulty.

After a while,
    She found the game she was looking for,
    and now she is surrounded by people whom she trusts to play together..

The road was not easy for her.
    She had to deal with the usual garbage found in all online games,
    but she was brave enough to try.

She also had me by her side to help and finally, we can play a game together without having any regrets!
    Periodically she logs into PSO-2 for old times sake, but now that she has multiple games she plays so she logs in to the game
    her heart feels like being in at the time...
    Well... Uh... Good for her, I guess?

It's not like we don't play other games. We just don't talk about them. That's usually how a dedicated forum works and stuff. Like, I wouldn't be talking about how I just beat Odin Sphere or how I'm going to start Pokemon Sun on a Phantasy Star forum except in Off-Topic.

I don't think the main issue is the subclass system. The main issue of PSO2 is the huge damage rate that users can obtain ingame, especially if they use optimal builds. Furthermore, some users in this post are right. HU is for fair the best class as a sub ingame, excepting for FO and, iirc, SU. But any class generally use that class as the most optimal subclass because the OPed Fury Stance + many survival skills like Iron Will + Never Give Up and/or Automate Halfline.

Even if this game deleted the subclass system, the issue of the game is still the same. Remember in Ep1 when RAs with WB were able to deal with anyone because the huge damage of that class. That thing cause that killing bosses is considered as an usual thing ingame, for non-talking that the main proof that SEGA is supporting solo players via the solo XQs or even the expert blocks, making playing alone much more important than playing with the others, or at least imo ofc...

Hunter is worthless for Summoners btw. It's Br, FI and maybe Gu
    PSO2 Ship 6
    HacksawJimcuttn - HU 75 | FI 75 | RA 75 | GU 75 | FO 75 | TE 75 | BR 75 | BO 75 | SU x

Queso - RA/HU