Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

PSO3 will be out when the majority of us are not gaming anymore though

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Sega did promise PSO2 would run for at least 10 years, so at minimum PSO2 should have 6 years left in it. I'll enjoy it for what it is, not much choice otherwise.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Speak for yourself. I'll be gaming 'til my grave (and considering my current health trajectories, that's at least 60 years and most likely longer of healthy gaming).

I have no idea why anyone suggests they "grow out" of gaming. It's nonsense. It's a hobby like any other. What're you gonna replace it with, watching movies? Netflix? Reading novels?

Gaming itself will probably change once VR really picks up and nerve gear becomes a thing (if it ever does, which I imagine it will simply because the demand is there), but I'm not ever going to just give it up, and I imagine a significant chunk of the gaming populace feels the same way.

Yep, yep. Won't stop gaming unless I'm physically unable to do so~

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Speak for yourself. I'll be gaming 'til my grave (and considering my current health trajectories, that's at least 60 years and most likely longer of healthy gaming).

I have no idea why anyone suggests they "grow out" of gaming. It's nonsense. It's a hobby like any other. What're you gonna replace it with, watching movies? Netflix? Reading novels?

Gaming itself will probably change once VR really picks up and nerve gear becomes a thing (if it ever does, which I imagine it will simply because the demand is there), but I'm not ever going to just give it up, and I imagine a significant chunk of the gaming populace feels the same way.
    Yeah, growing out is for pussies.

Well I'm not judging anyone or anything. It's probably just my personal problem that I'm starting to lose interest in gaming these days. I'm not gonna say "I'd grew out of it," It's more of getting burned out of it.I'm sure there are others who'd feel that way. Just tired, maturing has nothing to do with it. Or is it the same? I don't know. If PSO2 ever keeps me interest I'll still play it, if not then that's Sega's fault for not making it interesting enough for me to keep going.

Pso2 without subclasses huh... hmm

this is a general look that doesn't contain every viable combo but here goes:

all classes lose at least 20% extra dmg minimum, as well as the PA/techs from the class that would be subbed, which means less variation and tatics in handling mobs and bosses alike.

hunter (fighter sub): loses brave stance, fi weapons, tech arts JA, chase adv, Satk ups and slayer skills. hunter only really loses dmg and fi weapons here, nothing too game breaking is lost, however dps will be noticeably lower because of the lost fi weapons.

fighter (hunter sub): loses fury stance, JA bonuses, hu weapons, satk ups, iron will, warcry, automate halfline, massive hunter and various other defensive abilities. fighter loses some mobbing ability from lack of hu weapons, will still be known as the dps class however due to things like DS ring, however its survivability will be lowered significantly.

ranger (hunter sub): loses fury stance, JA bonuses, iron will, warcry, automate halfline, massive hunter and various other defensive abilities. Ranger is almost completely unaffected here, it only loses survivability, the ability to ignore knockbacks via massive hunter and the ability to destroy bosses via non-weak point attacks.

gunner (ranger sub): loses weak hit adv, standing snipe, weak bullet, ratk ups, traps and tatics trap. (wow... look at all that dmg lost... 35%+35%+15%+15%, that's not even counting WB) The core of gunner remains the same but the end result dmg will be noticeably lower as well as an increase in the needed team work to pull things off, also mobbing will become more difficult due to lack of launcher.
    force (techer sub): loses pp convert, pp restorate, light/wind/dark masteries, tatk ups, super treatment, extend assist, territory burst element weak hit. force loses one of its most powerful assets, its pp battery pp convert, also loses a chunk of dmg from elem weak hit and loses masteries of 3 elements, so no more ragrants spam or gimegid, on the bright side its pp battery isn't totally dead thanks to PP convert ring and orbit series weapons.

techer (various subs): techer has a lot of different subs that change the class's play style which are all about equal or are similar, in all of these combos te has a 40%+ dmg multiplier to various aspects of the class that is lost. for te/hu losing hu sub would mean less survivability and more getting knocked around. for te/br it would mean no more tech bow combos, no more kcombat, and no more guren tessen fast traveling. for te/fi it would mean no more chase binds, no more powerful wind/light/dark techs, no more powerful compounds.

braver (hunter sub): loses fury stance, JA bonuses, hu weapons, satk ups, iron will, warcry, automate halfline, massive hunter and various other defensive abilities. Braver loses most of its dmg due to the loss of fury stance and the ability to really specialize in one weapon type (I mean sure you still can do it but less point to doing it) however it regains the ability to use both of its weapons katana and bow equally well.

bouncer (hunter sub): loses fury stance, JA bonuses, hu weapons, satk ups, iron will, warcry, automate halfline, massive hunter and various other defensive abilities. bouncer doesn't lose much here except mobbing dmg and survivability, It could already use both weapons well thanks to the switch strike on jet boots and elem stance.

summoner (fighter sub): loses brave stance, fi weapons, Satk ups, chase adv, and slayer skills. surprisingly summoner is almost untouched here gameplay wise, it loses dmg like everything else sure but really no sub buffs summoner's dmg to the point we'd all like for it to be at due to the fact it can't JA or proc statuses on its own (generally) so summoner gains a leg up over most classes due to the core of its power being right there in its own tree.
    Last edited by Pyrei; Oct 26, 2016 at 02:53 AM.

I think just adjusting the strength of Subclass abilities, or changing things to be more balanced across the classes would fix the issue.

(while theres 0 chance of this happening) if sega ever did something like this all id expect is a 50% hp cut off all enemies and a 30% dmg reduction from all enemies

I wouldn't mind subclasses being removed, assuming balancing of player abilities and enemy damage dealt and received would follow.

I also wouldn't mind skill trees being simplified into a few meaningful choices, like how many modern MMOs do it. But it's Sega we're talking about. Not exactly experts at following modern trends, they like to pretend it's still 2008.

Speaking of which, I don't really have high hopes in them being able to do a good balancing either...