View Poll Results: Will you use you 12* units if you have no stronger ones?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I will spend mesta to make them me end game gear

18 25.35%
  • No, waiting for "maybe" better 12* units to come out

53 74.65%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I feel like it's mean to really make a topic about the current 12* units...we all knew they were gonna be bad, especially since they have to really test out how things will work with affixing rings to them .w.; Plus, when hasn't a new rarity of units or weapons been terrible at the start? It's like beating up a kitten just because it's not a cat.

Though at least things like Austere and Double's units exist to allow you to get sexy leg(unit)s and dash jump.
    PSO2 characters:
    Spoiler!

Co-leader of LunarBreak on PSO2 Ship2. PM if you wanna team/party up for EQs and UQs!

Where is the option to say not until we can craft them, they have an actual set bonus, or when their defenses are actually better?

Quote Originally Posted by IchijinKali View Post
    Where is the option to say not until we can craft them, they have an actual set bonus, or when their defenses are actually better?
    Wanting *12 with better DEF/set bonus is exactly the same as waiting for better *12 units tho.

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    Wanting *12 with better DEF/set bonus is exactly the same as waiting for better *12 units tho.
    Eh I only added those two without really thinking. I'm more concerned with crafting them as it makes it so I only have to worry about atk when affixing.

Given that these come with attack stats and decend hp/pp already attached, I would not expect much in the way of set bonuses. Power creep and all that. It does make it easier to mix and match your rings if you play multiple classes.
    PSO2JP Ship 2 - ID: BlakLanner
    Main Character: Aenaenon (Techer of inconsistent ability)

I'll wait til the meta stagnates a little.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

I think when talking about 12* units a discussion of rings should come into play. To me right now I think with the current rings choices and upcoming ring choices there is a good case to be made for upgrading units

Quote Originally Posted by starwind75043 View Post
    I think when talking about 12* units a discussion of rings should come into play. To me right now I think with the current rings choices and upcoming ring choices there is a good case to be made for upgrading units
    That's sort of what I was thinking. I don't have a full 12* set because there's no need. I have the Rear for the extra ring effect I want. I don't think 12* units will get useful set bonuses because the whole point is the rings, not the Units.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

If PSO2 reflected reality in any way at all, right now I'd be panhandling. I haven't got the meseta to spend on new armours, when I still have newer characters to bring up to speed and when my existing Saiki sets are still great - and I wouldn't want to swap those until a set comes out that wouldn't cause my PP to drop by too much. The PP's more important than the DEF to me at the moment.

Nice try Sega, I'm not spending precious hours of my time to grind something that will be obsolete in 3 months. Call me when 14* have been released, until then I'm capped and its extremely boring.