Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I was just asking for advice. I am maining a class that is very difficult to use against fast bosses. And I'm playing with varying ping 400-4000 ms ping, normally in this game, this has not been an issue, and while the damage counter was still working, I know I performed fairly well in team plays, 1-4th place dps wise, 2M to 6M damage, in most emg missions. So I dont think I was just leeching, I have also put around $1000 into my account. That being said, all the bosses in the XQ in question is those that I have particular problems with. The shield boss in stage 2 is fairly hard in long range mode cause of its god damn stun shield. The Ex-dragon does a lot of fast, wide area attacks, that is a pain to deal with with launchers, cause of their stationary attack pattern, and Mugatsu is severely hard, to me, cause of its auto aim and mid-attack direction changes.
    Righanda is possible, but still hard. Also, most Launcher and rifle attacks is AOE or semi-AOE, which means that its very hard to hit single targets.

The new XQ clearly favors certain classes like crazy, with its resistances and weaknesses.

I am trying my best to learn Katana just to take this shit, but if it proves too hard, I'll just drop PSO2 after about 2 years of active premium.

It feels like a dejavu of my time in Blade and Soul. One of the latter bosses, mandatory for progression, was immensely hard on certain classes, and a walk in the park for others. I'm just not really fond of that type of game design... I play PSO2 because I like the game, and because the game was NOT really forcing you to have a team nor even a party. But I guess that has changed to the worse...

Quote Originally Posted by KakuRoze View Post
    I was just asking for advice. I am maining a class that is very difficult to use against fast bosses. And I'm playing with varying ping 400-4000 ms ping, normally in this game, this has not been an issue, and while the damage counter was still working, I know I performed fairly well in team plays, 1-4th place dps wise, 2M to 6M damage, in most emg missions. So I dont think I was just leeching, I have also put around $1000 into my account. That being said, all the bosses in the XQ in question is those that I have particular problems with. The shield boss in stage 2 is fairly hard in long range mode cause of its god damn stun shield. The Ex-dragon does a lot of fast, wide area attacks, that is a pain to deal with with launchers, cause of their stationary attack pattern, and Mugatsu is severely hard, to me, cause of its auto aim and mid-attack direction changes.
    Righanda is possible, but still hard. Also, most Launcher and rifle attacks is AOE or semi-AOE, which means that its very hard to hit single targets.

The new XQ clearly favors certain classes like crazy, with its resistances and weaknesses.

I am trying my best to learn Katana just to take this shit, but if it proves too hard, I'll just drop PSO2 after about 2 years of active premium.

It feels like a dejavu of my time in Blade and Soul. One of the latter bosses, mandatory for progression, was immensely hard on certain classes, and a walk in the park for others. I'm just not really fond of that type of game design... I play PSO2 because I like the game, and because the game was NOT really forcing you to have a team nor even a party. But I guess that has changed to the worse...
    Buy L/L Non Weak Bonus? There's no reason for a RA to not have that Ring if you main Launcher.

You're right about one thing, H&H hates RA. But it's not impossible, it just takes more effort because of the WB nerf. If you don't think you can handle single targets, you could try mass mobbing and try to eliminate as many enemies as possible in as little attacks as possible.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

TBH, you should of looked up why it was so broken with Hu sub in the first place before jumping on the train. Ironwill and automate alone will make any Hu main/sub have the easiest time. Add in Katana's 20 seconds of invulnerability, and you got a good chance to pass all stage requisitions while surviving.

And in all honesty, if Katana is resisted, just try using some Hu weapons that are usable by braver, if you reskill to give them their gear passives anyway. Not the easiest to use, but one might click with you, and is hopefully not resisted as well.

Personally, I passed the Solo XQ a while back with just Hu/Fi charging around with sword. So I can contend that it's a very good choice for it. It's guard action and good, no-horizontal movement PAs also means that it's easy to stay in front of a boss. It can also handle Diabo and Blu Ringahda very well, even if it's not the fastest.

One thing people don't know is that Diabo is less aggressive if you break it's horn. You should aim to kill the darkers first to spawn Blu Ringahda, then kill it while avoiding killing the nab mooks, and then try to break the horn while Diabo is doing it's entrance. You'll probably fail to destroy it in time but any damage you can do to it before it gets going will make things easier. With Katana, it's best to go defensive till you can katana combat again.

That's usually the main point people fail on. After that, if you still have a half doll left, you should be perfectly fine.
    PSO2 characters:
    Spoiler!

Co-leader of LunarBreak on PSO2 Ship2. PM if you wanna team/party up for EQs and UQs!

lol you know you can spam scape doll until you win :P

It's possible to finish the 1-5 stages with Gu/Ra ?

It's possible to clear all of solo XQ with all "standard/meta" class combinations (and a good number of other ones).
    Some are just easier/more forgiving than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I know we all hate Keilyn and everything, but those are honestly all pretty good points. Japanese players have a lot more easily accessible resources. Seriously, look at all the out of date guides for builds and EQs in english.
    agree to disagree

besides it needs a team of ppl dedicated and willing to do it and what from the sounds of of it that guy barely had any help and was just spending money or whatever for something that rarely got expanded on. same with other wikis that died within a months time.

donations only go so far and sketchy to me so thats barely worth bringing up

google translating swiki isnt too bad and if its confusing you ask in the quick questions thread or whatever site your frequenting.

Having a wiki on bumped (or connected etc) would be nice and easy but i guess you need a whole extra group of ppl for that to happen but what do i know nothing

KakuRoze......don't use launcher....too risky against fast boss...as for bossing pa...use One Point for Rifles......I heard of Type 0 Parallel Slider to be good but I have yet to get mine craft to try it out..........if you got a 13 stars rifle you should be able to stun lock all bosses by part breaking them.....Gigur Gunne Gam aside...he,s resistant to r-atk + beware his dangerous slashes attack when he's under 50% health

Parallel Slider 0 is pretty amazing for strafing/kiting in general.
    You can move at essentially full running speed while continuously outputting One Point level DPS. There is even a good second of iframes when you first start the PA allowing you to use it to "parry" incoming attacks (that is, avoid the attack while doing damage in return), as a Ranger!

For example, if you just parallel slider in one direction you can clear stage 9 of Heaven and Hell XQ effortlessly. Same with [Profound Darkness] - the attacks track so poorly that you can simply strafe continuously one direction and finish off the hardest-hitting enemy in Heaven & Hell without ever being in danger of being hit.