Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Conduct Rules

Default Conduct Rules

Hi,

So I have a really off the wall question for people who actually understand Japanese; I have asked before about the official and unofficial stance about non-JP residents playing the game and officially SEGA WILL ban you but unofficially they dont really care so long as you dont cause trouble and maybe give them money. Considering this; being a generally decent person aside are there an official list of conduct rules? One of the reasons I ask this is a friend and I whom are very close but live far from each other... get in to things... I worry that this might eventually end in us being crushed by SEGA out of purely being a foreign "baddie" for daring to play their game. Does anyone have any information on this; can people shed some light on SEGA's rules and what is accepted and what is not. As in my previous thread this is sort of a policy question; the last time I made a thread like this it was derailed with opinion and troll-baits so please this is a discussion about policy and actual rules... I ask that it be kept to that.
    ~ RisaXSeph
    Persephone - Bu/Hu - ID: Atsumari - Ship 2
    "A name is only as important as the person it describes... so when someone asks for your name you know your important." - Hoshi Ki-Kari; Kiru-Acu: Blissful Shadows

I use to be an internet OG like you; now I just try really really hard.

There's no "exact" rules, just use some common sense don't be "that guy".

SEGA only said any connection coming from overseas is simply "prohibited", as this also mean usage of VPN/Proxy or simply playing from outside of Japan is a no-no.
    However, they won't ban you as long as there's no one reporting you for whatever reason.

Outsider like us are expected to keep our behaviour in check, just don't be rude, loud, cheating or fraud. It's simple as that.
    Last edited by wefwq; Nov 3, 2016 at 01:27 PM.

General conduct rules:
    -Don't use hacks (obviously), they can get the whole MPA in trouble
    -Don't leech by AFK following or otherwise not helping the MPA
    -Don't join parties of strangers unless they're fine with it, at least say "yoroshiku" (in Japanese) if you do
    -Don't spam autowords on /a, especially autowords with cutins

The two latter points aren't as serious as the former, they won't get you reported but are still frowned upon.

Special rule for gaijins:
    -Limit English autowords in /a and talking in English in /a in general. You being there is an open secret everyone knows about, but that doesn't mean your very presence should proclaim loudly "look at me! I'm not Japanese! I only talk in english!" every step you take. Once again this probably won't get you reported unless you meet a very anti-gaijin person, but Japanese players do find it obnoxious and it makes the EN community look bad in their eyes.
    Last edited by TehCubey; Nov 3, 2016 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    -Don't spam autowords on /a, especially autowords with cutins.
    To be fair, this is just generally annoying, regardless if you're a foreigner or not.

Just don't be rude and don't call too much attention to yourself. Usually, what annoys JP players is probably also annoying to English speakers as well, generally speaking.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Yes, that's why the rules I mentioned are for general conduct, regardless of whether you're a foreigner or Japanese. It's only the last part that is for gaijins only.

General conduct rules:
    -Don't use hacks (obviously), they can get the whole MPA in trouble
    -Don't leech by AFK following or otherwise not helping the MPA
    -Don't join parties of strangers unless they're fine with it, at least say "yoroshiku" (in Japanese) if you do

The two latter points aren't as serious as the former, they won't get you reported but are still frowned upon.

Special rule for gaijins:
    -Limit English autowords in /a and talking in English in /a in general. You being there is an open secret everyone knows about, but that doesn't mean your very presence should proclaim loudly "look at me! I'm not Japanese! I only talk in english!" every step you take. Once again this probably won't get you reported unless you meet a very anti-gaijin person, but Japanese players do find it obnoxious and it makes the EN community look bad in their eyes.
    this + don't use multiple VPNs to play, could trip auto ban system this includes pso2 and pso2es, proxies are mostly safe

I've blacklisted so many people from my old team because of this. For every damn thing they had a cutin autoword set for it. Enjoy seeing their face for the whole run if you don't blacklist them. The other big english team on Ship 9 also has this issue, but not as bad as the one that is SEA oriented.

What makes it worse is some of them are Team Managers/Managers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatallus View Post
    but not as bad as the one that is SEA oriented.
    dont remind me on that, i have a buddy who was a ranger and he cant aim WB properly on EQs cuz everybody with their mother is spamming cut-ins on everything.... then they blamed him for being a crappy ranger ಠ_ಠ
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Vatallus View Post
    Enjoy seeing their face for the whole run if you don't blacklist them.
    I'd quite like a frequency setting for autowords, so you can set it reeeeal low. That way you could actually use them without the spamming that has to go with it now.

I don't see the window spam as much as I used to, but the really funny thing was, they usually didn't come with any actual autowords - it was just their face, endlessly spinning in circles as they did their obligatory katana flips.

What makes it worse is some of them are Team Managers/Managers.
    I don't really think of em any differently than any other player. I don't see it like an IRL job where you (should) have to be managerial, anyone and their dog can set up a team or make their friend a manager.

But while we're at the rules of etiquette, this may be obvious but go light on the symbol spam. Every now and so often I'll run into a small group of people who'll mash their anime symbols into the void - and it's always anime symbols too. Variety pls

You can get away with a little public English in the lobby - a one-liner asking for a game or something won't cause any issues. Getting a response is another thing, but there's no issue in a one-liner or so.

Quote Originally Posted by risaxseph View Post
    One of the reasons I ask this is a friend and I whom are very close but live far from each other... get in to things... I worry that this might eventually end in us being crushed by SEGA out of purely being a foreign "baddie" for daring to play their game.
    I feel no one has explicitly addressed this, but if it means what I think it does, then no, you don't have to worry. PSO2 has different chat channels (public, party, team, whisper) so if you use whisper to talk directly to that person, it's highly unlikely anything negative could happen, since all chatting will stay between you and them. Just be sure to make that person use whisper as well, lest they publicly broadcast their response. :P