Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starryeyedbunny View Post
    Hmm...

It seems like the new Solo XQ is another attempt at trying to please the core crowd while going over board with "difficulty". They really need to learn to find that right balance, and this isn't it, just like PD wasn't it ._.;
    The problem is, they first need to actually balance the players before they can balance the content. As it stands, for "hard" content, some classes are easier to play than others.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Starryeyedbunny View Post
    Edit 2: While I still think it's a bit unnecessary, I do kind of get why they would make astral soul, despite these being for weapons, obtainable through this method. It's really just way too much work to put it on a weapon for very little gain... The HP boost is about the only major boost. So yeah, the extra PP, HP, and defense will definitely be more worth while for it to be on a weapon with a cheaper and less RNG alternative.
    Astral soul in general way too much effort to put on anything anyway.

Thankfully it only affects weapons and not units. Might of been a bit more caring if the special factor could be put on units. I just don't see myself building a bunch of +35 weapons just to use their special 100% factor affix on a weapon I might be replacing 2 months down the line.

I do however see myself sinking 100m into Austere Rear/Arm and Ray Legs and still be using them half a year later.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

I assume new R-ring only for cosmetic purpose? :<
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    You can technically already do that. This change honestly doesn't add much unless they're adding tacts with higher T-atk or something.
    like I said, it sounds like they wanted to boost Summoner's ability to act as a subclass; it's just that all this seems to do is bring the raw damage up to Average Stance+Average Stance Charge (1.15 [A.Stance] x 1.1 [AS Up] x 1.1 [AS Charge] vs. 1.1 [All-Atk Boost] x 1.1 [All-Atk Boost 2] x 1.15 [Point Assist] or 1.1 [Support Fire]) but instead of Attack Advance you get utility skills like HP Restore and Massive Mate

not to say this is going to dethrone Hunter, Weak Stance Braver, or Fighter though; it's just not as bad of a choice now

I love that we're getting a ring that will allow us to jump really high like Huey.

PC to get is a must.
    Get all rings.
    The zondeel is quite useful though in some situation... but I'm not sure I'm going to waste a 12* / ring slot for that. Still gonna get it.
    That LA at 1:24 though... CAST supremacy?
    Tek all at one time... finally.
    Weapon-based affix... will just wait for another weapons.

Another Solo XQ? Now that's the first thing to login for.

I'll be willing to invest in Effort Symbols. I'm barely using my current R Ring anyway.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

So I was reading bumped. And it could be a translation error... but apparently NT weapons can potentially drop at +34 after tje i[date. This might make Ability factors a bit more feasible for non-collection file weapons. I assume they'll only go that high with the advanced Tekking, but if it can potentially be THAT good it's totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    like I said, it sounds like they wanted to boost Summoner's ability to act as a subclass; it's just that all this seems to do is bring the raw damage up to Average Stance+Average Stance Charge (1.15 [A.Stance] x 1.1 [AS Up] x 1.1 [AS Charge] vs. 1.1 [All-Atk Boost] x 1.1 [All-Atk Boost 2] x 1.15 [Point Assist] or 1.1 [Support Fire]) but instead of Attack Advance you get utility skills like HP Restore and Massive Mate

not to say this is going to dethrone Hunter, Weak Stance Braver, or Fighter though; it's just not as bad of a choice now
    Support fire is main class only, and stacks with point assist. That's the main reason I say this won't change much. If it wasn't then I wouldn't be complaining about the lack of t-atk tacts again.

EDIT: Rewording that. What I mean is that the change isn't going to make the class much more appealing as a sub compared to how it already is. I can see people still using it for gimmick or lazy builds (and I say lazy with no ill will because I totally do that sort of thing too).

On the other hand. It would make it a good first class to level since it's easy to play and an ok sub for every class. But... that was already the case anyway.

EDIT Again: Oh, you forgot the 5% from pet element weak hit. It already gives you half of the main bonus.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Nov 13, 2016 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    So I was reading bumped. And it could be a translation error... but apparently NT weapons can potentially drop at +34 after tje i[date.
    Actually thanks for catching that, I wasn't thinking about the grind cap concept with NT weapons. It's now been corrected.