Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Introducing: The Telepipe Proxy!

Hey everyone, AIDA here! I'm pleased to announce that we've been working on something quite exciting for a while, and we're ready to reveal some information about it. It's not avilable publicly yet, but I believe in complete transparency when it relates to your PSO2 accounts, so even though it's not ready yet, I wanted to lay down some information about it and clear some things up. Here it is!

Q: What is this?

A: The Telepipe Proxy is somewhat similar to the Cyberkitsune Proxy - You configure it via Tweaker, using a URL, then just play like normal. However, in addition to allowing SEA players (and others that are blocked) to play like normal, it adds quite a bit of new and exciting features:

- Instant item/title/item description translations (and updates!) [see video above]
    - Block name translations
    - Global Chat via Discord (handled via system messages, so no bubble spam like GIRC.) [see video above]
    - A very efficient way of handling the proxy connection, no more HOSTS file crap, no more Gameguard freaking out
    - A ridiculous amount of stability/efficiency/speed/less 630s compared to the Cyberkitsune Proxy/VPN
    - An active team of developers who are interested and excited to add new features
    - EVERYONE can help now! Just by playing PSO2, you can help us improve the patches. [See below for more information.]
    - The new plugin will still support connecting to Cyberkitsune-type PSO2Proxies, for those of you who have custom ones
    - All the current features of the Cyberkitsune PSO2Proxy (Global EQ alerts, for example)
    - All translations (item/title/item description/block names) are toggleable - You can turn them off/on!
    - And more planned features in the future! (Things we can't reveal just yet :P)

Q: I can improve the patches by playing PSO2?! How does that work?!

A: When you connect to the Telepipe Proxy, you can help us find things that are untranslated, and the proxy will let us know so we can fix them.

For example, say you came across a japanese item that wasn't translated - Instead of taking a picture and contacting us (which few did), the proxy will automatically see that untranslated item and add just the item's name to a database so it can be translated. The same scenario also occurs with titles, so by playing the game, you help us translate it! \ o /

Q: What sort of information is logged when I connect?

A: The things that are logged are (Keep in mind, this is much less than SEGA or GG log):

- Player ID/Name
    - Character name
    - Last used IP/Last login time
    - MAC Address (to be used to ban malicious players/cheaters/etc)

Q: What about my password? Will you have that? I heard SEGA was dumb and stored it in plaintext, can't you read that?

Your password is specifically NOT logged, and is in fact replaced with "Removed Password" when you log on:

Here is a snippet of the logging code:

Code:
      {
                    var temp = new PSOPacket(p);
                    var req = LoginRequest.Parse(temp.Data);

req.Body.SetPassword("Removed Password"); //Password is replaced with "Removed Password" and the original is never saved or even read.
                    LogPackets(new PSOPacket(req.ToPacket()), false);
      }
    For the record though, yes, SEGA does send your password in plain text. Idiots.

Q: Who all is working on this?

Myself (AIDA), Kyle873, ACF, and numerous other Arks-Layer members are involved with this and have access to the server, source code, etc. The reason I say this is because of the other members of the Telepipe Team.

The Telepipe Proxy was initally created by Zapero and Sziadan. Yes, from that one PSO2 hacking website. When they intially approached me about this project, I was weary and suspicious, as you might be now, reading this. We talked about what they had done in the past, and they regret it.

However, since actions speak louder than words, I requested a few things before I backed this project.

1) I would be completely in charge of the project, have final say in all decisions, and we would have complete transparency in all processes.

2) I, along with ACF and Kyle873 (who I trust very much), would have 100% access to all source code, the server itself, the databases, everything. (similar to how things are already on the Cyberkitsune Proxy)

3) I, along with ACF and Kyle873, will have full admin control over the server (similar to how things are already on the Cyberkitsune Proxy)

They agreed and we've been working on it for about a month now. Kyle/Variant and others are now helping program, and it's coming along very nicely.

To reiterate very, very, very clearly: This is not a PSO-HACK Project. We do not condone cheating of any kind, and in any way, shape, or form. The server will have it's cheat detection routine, so that if people *are* using known cheat tools (specifically created for PSO2), it will not allow them to log in.

Q: But we already have the Cyberkitsune proxy. Couldn't you have just put these new features into that?

A: Cyberkitsune's proxy was coded in Python, and, due to numerous issues, it's simply not possible from both a technical standpoint and a supportive standpoint. Cyberkitsune himself is now busy with real life (understandably), and the funding for the CK PSO2Proxy in the past few months has come from only two people (who, understandably, refuse to pay it anymore). Since it was written in Python (which is poorly optimized for this sort of thing), it also limited the number of people who could actively work on it and fix it.

The new Telepipe Proxy is coded in C# and has the server already paid through 2017.

For the record, we harbor no ill will toward Cyberkitsune and the members of his team, and wish him (and them) the best of luck on all future endeavours.

Q: Does this mean the Tweaker won't have item/title patches? Will they still be updated?

A: Nothing is changing in the Tweaker - The item and title patches will still work 100% and be updated alongside the Telepipe proxy.

Q: This sounds awesome! Where can I sign up?

A: We'll have more information shortly, stay tuned! Closed beta testing is set to begin in the next few days, with open beta following afterwards.

DOOM, Wonderful!

Very amazing. Solves the current problem where item translation breaks intermittently.

I can't wait to see the source code, if ever opened to the public.

Just mere curiosity though, are you guys using ASP.NET Core? Today at Microsoft Connect they just released version 1.1.0 which is the most fastest mainstream web framework in the world. https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/web...-net-core-1-1/

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by elryan View Post
    most fastest
    Fastest huh? I gotta try this.

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Q: What sort of information is logged when I connect?

A: The things that are logged are (Keep in mind, this is much less than SEGA or GG log):

- Player ID/Name
    - Character name
    - Last used IP/Last login time
    - MAC Address (to be used to ban malicious players/cheaters/etc)
    This is a nice idea, and I hope it works out for those who need it. I am curious though, when you say "much less than SEGA or GG log", how much exactly do they log? A list would be nice, out of curiosity.

If I'm able to connect directly to the PSO2 servers (and don't want to use proxy), I won't be able to use those features?

they log everything you say in Whisper chat to your waifu.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gama View Post
    they log everything you say in Whisper chat to your waifu.
    Huh... that explains me waking up in chains this morning after sending a love letter to Franka.

saw this first in PSOH, but it was still in alpha-beta... good thing this is now public.. Good Job AIDA, Zapero, Sziadan and Arks-Layer team!

JP: Ship02 | B011 | Ayaldev1 / BlackLotus | Global Cortex | FoTe 75/55
    SEA: Ship01 | B010 | Ayaldev / BlackLotus | OSF | FoTe 70/70

...yet another large company that stores/transmits passwords unencrypted. This is just getting depressing, really.

Looks nice. Might use it for translation later on, still can't read moonrunes.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!