Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

After:
    Spoiler!

Before: (More screenshots at bottom):
    Spoiler!

I hope to update with better comparisons in the future.

Full Size Editions can be found at http://imgur.com/a/qzlh2
    All of these screenshots were done using my SweetFX package.

Note: This is for implementing newer versions of ReShade and SweetFX (Other guides use V1.4, We are going to use 2.0.3 or higher)

This will be a guide, This will also include information from other forum posts compiled together.

What Is This?

This guide is different from previous; this use's SweetFX+ReShade 2.0.3 Preview 8. And has a Settings file designed to utilize the features.

ReShade and SweetFX are a post-processing injection that changes the look of the game; it's broad to say "the look" but in reality the options possible with ReShade and SweetFX are pretty limitless. In this guide we will doing color changes, sharpening images, and adding advanced simulated lighting.

HBAO - This is Ambient Occlusion, a shadowing and lighting effect that increases the realism; or appeals to the visuals of an environment. This could be things like shadows on the back sides of items that are away from the lights.

SMAA - Anti Aliasing, which smooths out sharp corners and gets rid of a jagged effect in games.

Getting Started!

What you will need:

ReShade+SweetFX [This is not version 1.4 found in other posts; it is NOT compatible with the Tweaker.]
    The Version used was ReShade 2.0.3 Found at https://reshade.me/sweetfx#download
    You might be able to use a newer version; but I have not tested this because the settings I've used were not designed for a newer version.

SMAA/FXAA - This can be done one of three ways; I've used the Radeon Pro solution; but I would not reccomend it; If you have Nvidia right click on the desktop and go to "Manage 3D Settings" then "Program Settings". Find PSO2 and change FXAA to on and Texture Filtering; As well as any other options you see fit.
    [MOST RECOMMENDED]: Inside of the SweetFX_Settings.txt file there is an option to turn on SMAA, replace "0" with the value "1" and save it back to the SweetFX Folder

HBAO - Artificially Simulated Ambient Occlusion inside of the SweetFX settings File

SweetFX Settings: Attached

Steps

Let's Start with ReShade and SweetFX; Using this option alone you will see a MASSIVE improvement on in-game visuals

1. Open up the ReShade + SweetFX file you downloaded
    2. Open "ReShade Setup.exe"
    3. A window will pop up asking you to "select a game" navigate to the pso2_bin folder and find "pso2" (this is just the pso2.exe; do not select anything other than "pso2")
    4. An error on the window will pop up saying it was unable to identify the version of Direct X, At this point you MUST select Direct3D 9 This is the only way it will work.
    5. After it has finished close the installer and navigate to the pso2_bin folder.
    6. You will see new files in pso2_bin; one of which is called "d3d9.dll" you MUST rename this to "ddraw.dll" or it will not pass GameGuard Checks.
    (Tweaker will not work because it utilizes ddraw.dll, Using Tweaker will reset the ddraw.dll file and your settings will not be injected.)
    7. Download the SweetFX settings (probably at the bottom of this post)
    8. Navigate to pso2_bin and find the folder named "SweetFX" and REPLACE SweetFX_Settings with the file I have provided.
    9. Launch the game with the Trainer or a Batch file
    10. If everything worked you will see in the top left a prompt saying "Reshade 2.0.3.... etc" You can toggle the effects in game with SCRLK,
    11. SMAA Through SweetFX [MOST RECOMMENDED]: Inside of the SweetFX_Settings.txt file there is an option to turn on SMAA, replace "0" with the value "1" and save it back to the SweetFX Folder

---Do not use FXAA and SMAA, They are similar and there's no point---

Getting FXAA (Nvidia):

1. Right click on the desktop and go to Nvidia Control Panel
    2. Go to "Manage 3D settings" then "Program Settings"
    3. Find pso2
    4. Adjust Settings as pleased; Turn on FXAA

Nvidia Profile Inspector:
    You can use this and change the settings as well; This can very easily mess with ReShade and SweetFX and is a little more complicated - I did not use this, it is just an option.

Getting HBAO or SMAA through RadeonPro
    This has been done once and can be found at http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...-SweetFX-Guide
    DO NOT USE THIS AS A SweetFX+ReShade Guide. It will not use Version 2.0.3 which we are and therefore will not apply the same settings.
    -----

Congrats! It's that easy to install a game changing experience.

Some Warnings:
    -This is an injection; while Tweaker and trainer use injections this can never be guaranteed 100% safe; Although I've never once been or heard of someone being banned for using this in a lot of games.
    -This will likely cost you 3-5 FPS; Some systems may experience more; some less. This gets rid of tints and enhances things such as attack visuals; this will be the most Performance taxing part.
    -My settings may not work for everyone, they were designed for my monitors; if you wish the change the settings go into the SweetFX folder and click on "SweetFX_Settings" and change the values; you can also download presets for other games and use those (Make sure to check the versions, Newer will not work on older; Don't use any PSO2 presets; they are all for V1.4)

Uninstalling: Super simple; Delete ddraw.dll and the sweetFX folder and "sweet.fx" file (it will not inject after this.)

If you have any questions please feel free to reply; I will help you the best I can!

At this point in time I have not found a way to make this compatible with Tweaker, it is compatible with every other launcher I have used.

Also Check: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...-with-plugins!

More ScreenShots Before:
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

After:
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Full Version of all my ScreenShots can be found at http://imgur.com/a/qzlh2
    Some screenshots have an adjusted camera, Taken using ArksModTools http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...amera-Controls

Sunsets are in this game?
    Spoiler!

SweetFX_Settings-Aero.txt
    SweetFX_Settings - PSO2_Aero_SMAA.txt
    Last edited by Aerover; Nov 18, 2016 at 08:54 PM.

hmm ill try out your sweetfx settings and see how they compare to mine before applying gem fx enhances (on a side note theres an actual reshade thread right now and there is a way for win 10 to use tweaker with reshade but not sure if it works for everyone)