Default Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite(Morrigan and Captain America Return)

Well well, I must say this is quite a surprise. Its not as fantabulous as MvC3's debut trailer, but it was ok. I will say, the pairing was a bit awkward though, but I'll forgive it, because the ONE character I wanted stepped forward to shine the light!

The fangasming I heard in that audience when X made his first step in that scene. Ryu taking on Iron Man and Captain Marvel? I dunno. He's gonna need X to balance him out with that mess as I see it. I dunno if the removal of X-men characters may help or hurt this game. We've been so used to their presence in the Vs. series, but hopefully this means Capcom will be taking the time to use underused or unfamiliar characters on Marvel's side. Personally, I wouldn't mind Squirrel Girl. lol

People are speculating if that figure at the end is either Sigma, or Ultron.

Gameplay Trailer(Morrigan and Captain America added)

So the list will be updated as we follow along. Here's our contenders.

CAPCOM

Ryu
    Megaman X
    Morrigan

MARVEL

Iron Man
    Captain Marvel
    Captain America
    Last edited by Tyreek; Dec 5, 2016 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Morrigan and Cap confirmed
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Yeah I cant believe a new MvC game is coming out. I was definitely happy to see X. Still waiting on word if no X-Men will be true or not. I will be sad if not but there will still be plenty of characters on the marvel side probably for me to be happy. I'm pumped to see what they do with it.

This made my day.

And then this happened...

LET THE MODS BEGIN!!!

UMVC3 on Steam is good news. MVC with no x-men or Dr Doom is bad news, and that infinity logo instead of a number? I smell a free to play with tons of characters to buy!

Gameplay trailer was revealed after the Playstation Cup event. Added to the OP. I'm cautiously optimistic, but damn they are literally making X look like he's the weakest one there. Makes my heart ache a bit.

I havenīt touched UMVC3 as iīm not much for fighting games in general outside a few rounds of Tekken, Soul Calibur or Smash Bros.
    But itīs nice to see X in as i always thought that it were strange to leave him out.

They better have Dante and Zero though...>.<
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

They made another reveal trailer, with Vs. Series alumnis Morrigan and Captain America. The trailer is literally the same, save for some minor additions. For one, they now showed off X powering up with the First Armor from X1, so the speculation is whether he can use other armors now. Cap is now in his more modernized Cinematic Universe attire, and Morrigan is sexy as always. Hope to see some new blood soon, and hopefully more favorites. Frank West is on my list, kthx.
    Last edited by Tyreek; Dec 4, 2016 at 11:25 PM.

The only thing that typically kills my excitement for a new Capcom fighter, these days, is that they've been doing this pattern ever since Street Fighter 4. They make an announcement, and now I simply take bets to see how quickly it'll take them to make that 3rd or so revision of the game, back to back. I got burned twice, both with SF4 and MVC3, in which I buy the game, and by the time I really get around to playing it, they released an Arcade Ultimate version of the game (Sometimes after another revision, in the interim), which includes most of the DLC (Though it does seem funny how Jill and Shuma Gorath have ended up in the permanent DLC spot. They just are too big to ever end up as an on-Disc include, I guess). And they've continued that trend straight through SF5, which I still don't have even though one of my favorite SF Alpha characters is in it. Karin.

So it kind of never makes me want to by a first version of it, at all. I don't play in the tourneys anymore, so I don't have the incentive to jump in at first notion. I happily fall behind and play the *completed* versions which usually align with my play schedule for waiting for the next game to have that final version.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Dec 6, 2016 at 08:17 AM.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.