Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Can someone explain why their team is bad? I'm wasn't around by that point and I'm curious
    Spoiler!

Just some unnecessary drama got the servers in a rut, and well that pretty much killed trust in a lot of members, but I do gotta hand it to them for holding a server.

Problem was, they (Again) forgot to back the server's data up, after a wipe. And well, everything has been lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Agastya View Post
    just goes to show you that the first person to do something is never the person that actually cares about something.

does schthack himself even play pso2? i don't think any of the rest of his staff cares about the game at all.
    Almost certain Scthack himself is long gone from anything regarding that server or even involved in this project. Last I checked he put his server in Crono's hands and moved on to real life. That was many years ago.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

beating an oodan to death with an eternal psychodrive

Quote Originally Posted by CoWorker View Post
    Can someone explain why their team is bad? I'm wasn't around by that point and I'm curious
    okay SO you better have a nice glass of grape juice ready because i assure you you're going to need it for this

A) Break and Crono made a deal where Break would pretend to be broomop and sell people spheres for cheap, then ban them. Crono would then hold their account hostage unless they paid to have it unbanned. break was promised a 50/50 cut so he agreed and then he 'came clean' when it turned out to be more like 20/80 (if that)

B) they began actively taking donations for a new host, raised something like 3k or so from everyone. the public incentive was you'd get to join an exp boost team but there were many many GM weapons dealt under the rug. crono then took most of the money and bought an engraved ring for his at-the-time girlfriend and began hosting the server off a PC in his basement
    B2) there was one user alone that had donated over 3k over the server's lifespan just for gear
    B3) there was one user that asked where their donation items were in public since they never actually got them. their thread was deleted and their accounts were banned

C) MIURETH and ARELH (who will henceforth be known as Dracula) actually banned somebody for giving away a booma's claw to one of their friends, then began to circlejerk in a locked thread about how good of a job they were doing
    C2) literally everything about antihack.dll
    C3) Instead of fixing their broken and easily exploitable QAllow flags so people couldn't dupe gear, they just set up a list of items that you'd be banned for trading

D) anybody that showed any resistance or hesitation when it came to totalitarian moderation was silenced/removed (corey, break, ives)

E) remember when i said crono was running the server out of his basement? he wasn't running backups, then the HDD with all the server data died. he came clean after a month of downtime saying how sorry he was that it came to this and that he had tried everything and he'll try to be around more often from now on..... then immediately disappeared again

F) finally, after everyone had mostly given up and moved on, THEY CAME BACK. despite there being well-known servers in ultima and eden, and ephinea having come up to provide users a more "clean" experience. somehow their most diehard fans came back despite all of this sludge.

to my knowledge schthack is supposedly back, running the show. crono has no say there. at least, publicly.

they're basically coasting off their name and a gimmick in a pso2 server test to hope people will come back to their outdated server software, possibly in an attempt to get people to cough up more money.
    100% certified quality post

the pso-world forums are a pvp-enabled zone

damn dude... thats pretty shady :T
    thanks for the time explaining it full detail good sir
    Spoiler!

Considering there's no info on the PSO2 test they claim to have besides a splash image and a mention of it, I wouldn't doubt that it's not even a thing, and they just want to take advantage of people again, then claim something went wrong and won't be able to do the "PSO2 Private Alpha" or whatever.

Maybe I'm too cynical after everything that happened, who knows.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    Considering there's no info on the PSO2 test they claim to have besides a splash image and a mention of it, I wouldn't doubt that it's not even a thing, and they just want to take advantage of people again, then claim something went wrong and won't be able to do the "PSO2 Private Alpha" or whatever.

Maybe I'm too cynical after everything that happened, who knows.
    I was informed that they're using the proxy team's source code that is on github for their private server stuff.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I look forward to the mess this will cause because "Muh English Servers" whenever this thing goes live in like a year

Quote Originally Posted by Agastya View Post
    to my knowledge schthack is supposedly back, running the show. crono has no say there. at least, publicly.
    Wait what, that's news to me. Not that I've been looking into their business for many a year now, nor do I intend to again, but if Scht is back, that could be some good news.

Will worth the laugh.