Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonDrop View Post
    Roused by the sound of glass clattering and drink pouring, the newman picks herself up off the floor as if freed from ten thousand years confinement in a space dumpster. The new sunny disposition of the barkeep catches her off guard. Always having pegged the man for a nihilist, she cocks her head to the side, unsure if it is the same person at all.
    "Looks like alcohol isn't the only thing that gets better with age. What's got you in such high spirits?"
    "No pun intended."
    Well, it's a pretty long story, and still in the making. But the general idea is once you fall so far into the hole, you hit rock bottom. And then you either decide to stay there, end it, or try going back up. I hit my bottom. It was low. A soul-sucking, life-ending fantasy low. It sucked more than a hooker with a vacuum, the rocky bottom was like falling fifty feet onto gritty concrete, and it was so dark it obscured all the good in life. But going out was't an option I was going to let myself take. So, I started climbing up. After awhile, I started seeing the light again. I'm still climbing, but, now I know, that light is there, and it can be mine. I still falter sometimes. But I see the good a lot more clearly now. And I know I'm capable of continuously moving up, even if I falter on it sometimes. It no longer seems impossible. Even if I don't make it, oh well. It's better than being at the bottom again. I can breathe, and I can feel peace.

She swirls her glass as she listens to the barkeep's poetic exposition.
    "That's wonderful. I'm glad to hear you're doing well."
    She pauses briefly to take a swig.
    "Y'know I've been feeling pretty down lately. Not for any real reason, just some doldrums I can't shake. Maybe it's just because everything seems so cynical."
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic25144_2.gif
    It's either real or it's a dream. There's nothing that is in between.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonDrop View Post
    She swirls her glass as she listens to the barkeep's poetic exposition.
    "That's wonderful. I'm glad to hear you're doing well."
    She pauses briefly to take a swig.
    "Y'know I've been feeling pretty down lately. Not for any real reason, just some doldrums I can't shake. Maybe it's just because everything seems so cynical."
    A perspective shift definitely helps things. Problem is actually getting the shift to happen. Couldn't do it myself, and it took some crazy bad shit to basically break me and make me change it. Now it's something I can kinda do on an as need basis. Makes things a lot more tolerable.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Some boards in the ceiling break away, with a long haired man falling through. "Ow, shit." Some cleaning supplies fall through as well.

"Welp, I got summoned again. Place is filthy, jeez." He began blurring through the area, cleaning up quickly enough that it was nearly impossible. The place now cleaner than it was, he leaned on a table. "Throw me a B33R if you don't mind."

Hey there Nitro, thanks for dropping in!
    She tries to hide her laughter at her own joke, barely containing it to a giggle.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic25144_2.gif
    It's either real or it's a dream. There's nothing that is in between.

Soon they shall come to claim you AAAAALLLLLLL

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    Some boards in the ceiling break away, with a long haired man falling through. "Ow, shit." Some cleaning supplies fall through as well.

"Welp, I got summoned again. Place is filthy, jeez." He began blurring through the area, cleaning up quickly enough that it was nearly impossible. The place now cleaner than it was, he leaned on a table. "Throw me a B33R if you don't mind."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranmaru View Post
    *Comes in* I'd like some milk please.

"Well I'll be damned, we got our janitor back." Sord actually looks a bit genuinely surprised. He walks out and gazes up into the hole in the roof. A clouded night sky lies beyond, the pale of the moon fighting to break past the thin veil of grey that obscures it, but with little luck. Shrugging, the colorful bartender heads back to his station, tossing a can of B33R at the blur zipping through the place and eliminating dust and righting chairs in its wake.

Then another old face walks in, askinging for bloody milk of all things. "Milk?! What are you, a bleedin' dry drinker? You really think we would carry milk in the B4R?! ... Well, you'd be right. Dairy, coconut, or almond? How yah been, Ran?"

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

He catches the can deftly, shrugging as he pops it open. "I know when I'm needed. And also when I'm summoned, because I apparently don't have a choice." He sips the B33R, making a face as he does. He brings the can up to observe it closely. "And it's Jantor. Not janitor."