Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Meh, I refuse to get 22 class cubes for FO, TE, BO, GU, SU
    Only to never use later. If there are hidden class title bonuses then screw it.

{Theme: Infinite Legends}
    RadiantAim: When did you get here?
    LegendAim: Wow he actually leveled him
    LordAim: Hai gaiz

I get the feeling, based on the way this is going, if there's ever any level 80 quest requirements, that they won't require your subclass to be 80, so I wouldn't worry about it for now.

Think we'll get The perfect ____ V and VI with this update?

Quote Originally Posted by Masu View Post
    What is the most reasonable between:
    -Affixing a +32 weapon with a Tenora/Yomei/GRM/Noble/Elegant boost
    and
    -Grinding it to +35 and get it's full strength which is usually equal/close/better to the afformentioned boosts AND an additional special affix as a bonus with that? All this for a lesser cost
    Spoiler!
    This is operating under the assumption that I give enough shits to affix things like that in the first place.

That would be making too many assumptions.

Getting a weapon to +35 literally doubles the amount of effort I have to put into to complete a weapon. Increasing the affixes is something I don't even consider. I never bother going further than a basic cheap poverty 5-slot configuration (and it would be idiotic to assume that anything other than the most dedicated players do things like that - the average player hardly bothers affixing at all!).

It takes something like 24 PD runs to get a single Ray weapon to +35, which you can bring down to 18 runs with enough boosts. That's not trivial by any means. It's not difficult either, obviously, just time-consuming (especially if you have to adjust your schedule just to not miss runs), which makes the requirement feel doubly stupid and pointless. I honestly can't think of a single legitimate reason to have this requirement. It simply makes NO SENSE.

It's just another notch against my motivation to ever bother seriously putting time into this game again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    It takes something like 24 PD runs to get a single Ray weapon to +35, which you can bring down to 18 runs with enough boosts. That's not trivial by any means.
    I mean we basically have free PD triggers now, just 5 runs of XH Limited Quest gives you enough to buy the Solo PD trigger from the badge shop once those are added. The recent update video shows they're only 50 badges a pop.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

This is operating under the assumption that I give enough shits to affix things like that in the first place.

Getting a weapon to +35 literally doubles the amount of effort I have to put into to complete a weapon. Increasing the affixes is something I don't even consider. I never bother going further than a basic cheap poverty 5-slot configuration (and it would be idiotic to assume that anything other than the most dedicated players do things like that - the average player hardly bothers affixing at all!).

It takes something like 24 PD runs to get a single Ray weapon to +35, which you can bring down to 18 runs with enough boosts. That's not trivial by any means. It's not difficult either, obviously, just time-consuming (especially if you have to adjust your schedule just to not miss runs), which makes the requirement feel doubly stupid and pointless. I honestly can't think of a single legitimate reason to have this requirement. It simply makes NO SENSE.

It's just another notch against my motivation to ever bother seriously putting time into this game again.
    I'm good to go actually, but still, sega approves time-wasting way to much.

You might be over-estimating the hurdle of grinding a weapon to +35, don't forget that we already have tons of accessible garbo weapons that you can easily +35, and keep your main weapon to +32

- Gold badges : 2016 if you've been around during the end of the year, they literally were showered on us. you can easily +35 a weapon by this mean for at least your main class

- 2017 badges if it wasn't the case : It's slower, but you can avoid the whole solo PD deal with new Xie weapons

-NPC weapons are coming back soon : what's nice with those is that you don't even need to really go out of your way to get them. one TA run, or just completing them during dailies for easily accessible weapons. it generally doesn't take more than 30 minutes to get one, and only doable every 2 days, so it's probably the best option if you weren't around before, and don't want to deal with CF and other time-consuming means

-RNG powa !! Fornis + seasonal weapons have a relatively decent drop rate, and if you're lucky, can drop at 33 or 34 grind cap, which can make +35ing a weapon completely trivial. we had Bouncer and Force + Techer covered in previous seasonal, and now Gunner, Hunter, and Fighter. we know next seasonal will cover Hunter(again) Ranger and Bouncer, and chances are that, every class weapon will be covered.eventually

Add to that the probability of CF revival for something other than Ray, that I think might become a thing after the update. And if despite that you can't be bothered or don't have time, I don't even see where the issue is. Nothing is even planned yet that would require you to be lv 80 in the near future, and chances are things will stay that way until people can catch up with this new requirement.

As it was said I'd rather worry about the SPCO requirement, because THAT is the time-consuming part, most definitely
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jan 30, 2017 at 07:30 AM.

who cares if SPCO takes the most time when the main problem with +35 is that it's 1) retarded RNG 2) relying on other people running specific content 3) having to schedule yourself accordingly to their schedule
    it's not really unplausible to get 10 13* weapons of a specified weapon type before you unlock max grind +35 on one if your schedule doesn't allign with the people playing in japan
    a maybe 1% difference in stats preventing from reaching level 80 is retarded
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    who cares if SPCO takes the most time when the main problem with +35 is that it's 1) retarded RNG 2) relying on other people running specific content 3) having to schedule yourself accordingly to their schedule
    it's not really unplausible to get 10 13* weapons of a specified weapon type before you unlock max grind +35 on one if your schedule doesn't allign with the people playing in japan
    a maybe 1% difference in stats preventing from reaching level 80 is retarded
    I think you didn't read my post through, badges and NPC orders were cited BECAUSE they are things you can earn without relying on EQ schedules. the other means were cited just for the sake of showing that there are more ways to earn *13 weapons than one might think.
    And thinking that reaching lv80 for 5 measly SP points and maybe marginal stats increase are that important is as retarded, especially in a game in which you can already blow through a vast majority of the content.

no one runs LQ when i play, literally no one
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget