Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast
    "Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    What I should have said is that I wish the slots didn't even matter and you could just do affixes one at a time.
    This system would be amazing and would literally solve every issue I currently have with affixing
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    This system would be amazing and would literally solve every issue I currently have with affixing
    Sounds too easy. Isn't this game easy enought?

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    I'm biased and hate the current system to the point of refusing to affix, so I genuinely don't care.

Also I believe difficulty should be in the fighting and actual combat of a game. Not gear enhancement behind lying percentages. So there's that. Make crafting the gear easier so they can give us harder content to use it on. Least thats my view on it.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    I'm biased and hate the current system to the point of refusing to affix, so I genuinely don't care.

Also I believe difficulty should be in the fighting and actual combat of a game. Not gear enhancement behind lying percentages. So there's that. Make crafting the gear easier so they can give us harder content to use it on. Least thats my view on it.
    Its an RPG game, so gearing up is as vital as actually figthing. I mean, most of the game's playtime is dull farming of said gear.

There's no "difficulty" with weapon affixing. It's not hard, just tedious and needlessly unforgiving if the RNG doesn't favor you. No ammount of skill is going to turn a 95% chance into 100%. And the fact that you lose progress is a huge problem and was the biggest problem with pre NT-grinding. :/

There's no "difficulty" with weapon affixing. It's not hard, just tedious and needlessly unforgiving if the RNG doesn't favor you. No ammount of skill is going to turn a 95% chance into 100%. And the fact that you lose progress is a huge problem and was the biggest problem with pre NT-grinding. :/
    difficulty isn't supposed to be based on your reflexes (skill) alone, but ability to think as well.

aka Luck is also a skill

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    aka Luck is also a skill
    that called gambling, and yes, according to Fallout, it is a skill.

There's no "difficulty" with weapon affixing. It's not hard, just tedious and needlessly unforgiving if the RNG doesn't favor you. No ammount of skill is going to turn a 95% chance into 100%.
    They who calculate correctly knows that 95% isn't a one time thing. They know they need 2 tries for 95% affix if they want it closer to 100%, which is 99.75%. So when the first 95% fails, they know they'd need another fodder for the 2nd and not cry over the first attempt. Same goes to other chances. You don't deal with 60% chance one time, but more than twice.

That's how you affix. Other than that, you're a gambler. Lol.

difficulty isn't supposed to be based on your reflexes (skill) alone, but ability to think as well.
    I'm not sure what that has to do with what I said. If it was possible to get every affix combination to 100% then this wouldn't be an issue. :/ My point is that no matter how good you are at planning affixes there's always a chance you'll fail and lose progress.

That's like saying it's ok for you to just randomly die when you use a PA during a boss fight. :/ No amount of skill can make up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    So when the first 95% fails, they know they'd need another fodder for the 2nd and not cry over the first attempt.
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say because you don't just need another fodder. You also need to upslot again, which risks your other affixes that aren't 100%. It's the negative progress that makes the system bad.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Jan 15, 2017 at 11:45 AM.