Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

my Newman Fo with 780 hp don't die in 1 hit unless i usng pp convert then that would happen and Mother smash but no Fo gonna get hit by that :/
    Last edited by oratank; Jan 14, 2017 at 05:35 AM.

780 is more HP than Newman HP + uncrafted Saiki gives! Mother is easy to dodge but I still like having some buffer against "oops" moments - they do happen.

The numbers just confirm what was generally known in that a 13* weapon with a decent potential fully grinded and 60% element is your biggest contributor to overall damage. Some 12*s are still acceptable but max grind and 50% is still a baseline there. +10 of a specific set of units at that, kinda complicated to say which but generally whatever helps your class out best or stay alive best I'd say.

With affixes I think a base attempt to create something is generally acceptable and almost doesn't matter what you do as long as it isn't clearly the affixes the item came with (with the possible exception of Mark affixes cause those can be pretty good and you can't make those). It's there to augment your playstyle and if that's walking on the razors edge and going all in on attack/pp with no hp or defense then you do you. As long as you can actually pull it off, if not get something on there to help you not die and tbh on XH and Ult the odds are good you're gonna get hit so I'd leave the glass cannon loadouts for Time Attacks not general play.
    Last edited by Raujinn; Jan 14, 2017 at 09:07 AM.

I know hp and pp are good to have on affixes. There's a reason I posted my stupid hp set. I actually wear it during mother because then literally nothing except her raid wipe can kill me, and i can actually survive the first one. Same with PD assuming there's a Te around. Once you have over 1.7k hp, with decent units, no single attack in the entire game that isn't a wipe mechanic can oneshot you. Also, it's nice to not have to stop and heal whenever I get grazed. I play Su though, not Fo.

Quote Originally Posted by Raujinn View Post
    The numbers just confirm what was generally known in that a 13* weapon with a decent potential fully grinded and 60% element is your biggest contributor to overall damage. Some 12*s are still acceptable but max grind and 50% is still a baseline there. +10 of a specific set of units at that, kinda complicated to say which but generally whatever helps your class out best or stay alive best I'd say.
    This is basically what I was trying to say. Though I feel maxing your unit grind is only as important if you're using older units and/or find yourself dying a lot to hits that did just over your hp. I rocked ungrinded units for a while and was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Raujinn View Post
    With affixes I think a base attempt to create something is generally acceptable and almost doesn't matter what you do as long as it isn't clearly the affixes the item came with (with the possible exception of Mark affixes cause those can be pretty good and you can't make those).
    This is the only part I don't agree with completely if only because I feel like items with preset affixes what they consider "good enough" 25-35 atk with 2-4 pp isn't hard to get even with just a soul though. I think that's why X The Souls are so easy to affix without soul receptor compared to other souls. And of course the mark affixes like you said. I think they were intended for people who want decent affixes but didn't want to actually go through the trouble of affixing, since a mark+soul gives you quite a bit of atk and pp on its own. Too bad marks can't go on units. >:I Untekked units when sega?

EDIT: I guess I should also add that all my ranting was aimed at the people who think 80atk affixes should be the baseline, and anyone without decent custom affixes is a leech and not contributing, which isn't true.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Jan 14, 2017 at 09:27 AM.

I think 60 attack is a good baseline for affixes. Easy to do with a nice Soul and Power/Shoot/Technique III. Everything else should be fine tuned to your play style as you see fit.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Anything that's 60 ATK and shows an attempt of actually affixing the gear is fine, IMO. Anything higher is just your (our?) own ego really, and should not be forced onto other people.

Oh, good natural affix is fine, too. If your affix comes naturally to 60 to 90 ATK with 4 or 5 PP on a weapon that's completely acceptable. On units... Yeah let's do something with those Gryphon stuffs. :>

I really wish there was a way to force downslot because going from 3s to 4s has an exponential cost increase. :/ Decent fodders go from like 40k to 200k.

I wish upslotting wasn't such a big pain, tried affixing some Orbit knuckles recently, used Tenora Boost, and lost it because Flict Arma failed at 90something percent.
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

What I should have said is that I wish the slots didn't even matter and you could just do affixes one at a time.

Oh yeah I'd accept that with open arms. If it were up to me, each slot was individual so you can do one affix at a time, but adding an extra slot would penalize that one affix, to keep things a bit fair.

So you get a drop with 4s, want to put 5, the fifth affix would be penalized, but the others wouldn't.
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine