Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

This still won't solve the problem of people not knowing what to do in EQs. = w= I wonder how it's going to work for Su though. Pet levels?

EDIT: inb4 I can't go onto the expert blocks because I didn't grind my tact.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Dec 22, 2016 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    I recall reading that 25% of the player base cleared it fully before they implemented the req, could be wrong though

i whole heartedly welcome these req's so i dont have to see astra being equipped at +0 or +7
    I'm guessing it'll only be an requirement to get in, you can probably switch weapons to anything you have once you're in. If you got booted to a non expert block just for equipping a non-max grind weapon, that'd be silly.

Personally, I hope this is more like FFXIV's Item levels. I haven't played FFXIV since the week before Heavensward came out, so no idea what it's like now, but I liked that system.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Ughhh... Can SEGA just make the solo XQ requirement to clear any 6~10 quest and call it a day... Or even just make a set of channels to cater to those who cleared 6~10 separate from 1~5 clearers
    Spoiler!

We need a requirment that you need xyz Atk and +10 OT(with at least Lv1 pot) or +30 NT weapon. But it would be too good. I gladly abuse this new system with +30 1☆ weapon and 1☆ sub units just like in FFXIV where you dowgrade from blue gear to NQ green just to have higher iLvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    I'm guessing it'll only be an requirement to get in, you can probably switch weapons to anything you have once you're in. If you got booted to a non expert block just for equipping a non-max grind weapon, that'd be silly.

Personally, I hope this is more like FFXIV's Item levels. I haven't played FFXIV since the week before Heavensward came out, so no idea what it's like now, but I liked that system.
    It's still a requirement for dungeons and raids but it's a non-issue since Palace of the Dead practically hands you a free ilv255 weapon of your choosing, and the rest of your gear is easily obtained by playing through the game. I had my secondary class end up with a higher ilvl than my main class just by going through Heavensward dungeons. Getting enough Lore and Scripture (HW versions of Poetics) to purchase gear in Idyllshire didn't take long at all so I could almost immediately run the end game Alexander and Wiping Weeping city of Mhach raids. Haven't looked at Savage Alexander yet though, started leveling two more classes in PotD instead. It's literally XIV's version of PSO's TTF with a mystery dungeon twist.

...I MEAN HOW ABOUT THAT PSO2, COOL GAME RIGHT?

In all seriousness I personally don't mind an extra gate for expert blocks as far as random MPA's go, I'm fairly certain I already meet the item requirements anyway. Full Austere set says hello at least. I do find it funny one of my friends stopped playing PSO2 because he couldn't clear solo XQ until I did it for him literally just this morning which got him back into it, and now they're creating another gate he more than likely won't be able to pass. It's my only gripe with this system, it makes it impossible to play with friends who can't clear these requirements without hindering yourself.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

The wall needs to be higher.

Make the requirement = cleared both Solo XQ 10th floor please.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

I honestly don't think clearing 6-10 proves anything more than 1-5. It's just as easy to cheese through and you still don't learn anything about being a good member of an MPA.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

beating an oodan to death with an eternal psychodrive

clearing 6~10 means you learned how to use a dragon slayer with automate halfline

heaven/hell 1~5 actually teaches you a lot for basic gameplay (how to fight nyaus, how to single out problem enemies, breaking enemies to chain stun) but people have just been ignoring learning in order to just "get in" and not have to deal with "the bad players" when they're a part of the problem

i'd like to see ais solo quests for barriers as well so we know that people in expert blocks know how to pilot them, if we get more rideroid content i'd like to see that as well
    100% certified quality post

the pso-world forums are a pvp-enabled zone

We need some kind of solo XQ that actually has tasks completely relevant to MPA performance. Being able to solo a weaker Double & PD, being able to protect a single tower in a solo TD (while gathering crystals at the same time), maybe a short time attack section that tests your DPS... y'know, things that are relevant to one's contribution in most endgame EQs nowadays. They can tune the difficulty to whatever they think is appropriate - the ultimate point is that people need to be able to do the bare minimum to contribute to the group.

Solo XQs are somewhat of a test of one's ability to exploit the mechanics of those XQs, but they don't have enough applicability to activities outside of those XQs. That's just not good enough. We need more intelligent testing of player abilities, not just more barriers in general.

Quote Originally Posted by elryan View Post
    The wall needs to be higher.

Make the requirement = cleared both Solo XQ 10th floor please.
    I think if you also add the conditions that all stage orders must be cleared and the entire run under a certain amount of time (both in a run, not exclusive from each other) this can probably work. Sure you can cheese it, but there are a number of levels where you need to be pretty precise, but if you make the timer somewhat on the tight end (like 10 minutes), it can also filter out those people who depend on say, Combat Escape to freepass through the stage, since forcing a timer on needing to be precise can cause the less than well-experienced to panic.