Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Favorite PSO Music Tracks?

What are your favorite PSO music tracks?

I really like the second half of [Can still see the light]. It's interesting how it kinda becomes an entirely different song in the second half, haha.
    [You have nowhere to go] and [From seeing the rough wave] are very catchy, aswell!
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

World with me ep 2 version and Jungle A Lush Load followed by Jungle A Forest Cage of coarse. It is pretty hard to choose as all of PSOs music was pretty awesome. So much so I bought both sound tracks ripped them to my xbox 360 and used it to replace PSU's music back when the servers were up.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Freeze View Post
    World with me ep 2 version and Jungle A Lush Load followed by Jungle A Forest Cage of coarse. It is pretty hard to choose as all of PSOs music was pretty awesome. So much so I bought both sound tracks ripped them to my xbox 360 and used it to replace PSU's music back when the servers were up.
    Very nice selection!
    And whoa! How'd you pull that off?!
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

It wasn't technically replacing the physical tracks but I ripped the CDs to the hard drive then when in game you use the media player to play the track you want and it will replace the game music. It doesn't stop playing unless you stop or change it but small inconvenience to make psu sound better.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

Day Dawns, Tricktrack part 2, Lushload, World with me, You Have Nowhere to Go ( there was something about this song that made it really suspenseful. )
    Those are my top 5, but I do want to call a special shout out though to Vamos a Carnaval (Samba de Amigo), which was one of the funniest and unexpected songs in PSO that was hidden in the rappy quest on Story-1. XD

PSOs music had a lot of atmosphere that really gave the player a sense of danger. The newer games, as much as they tried, just haven't been able to produce the same effect on the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeze View Post
    PSOs music had a lot of atmosphere that really gave the player a sense of danger. The newer games, as much as they tried, just haven't been able to produce the same effect on the same level.
    I wouldn't go that far per se. Magatsu's entire battle string of songs, Tower Defense missions, and even Esca Falz Mother in PSO2 have some pretty damn catchy themes I keep humming to myself.

That said, if there was ever a song in the whole lexicon of Phantasy Star that continues to draw me back to wanting to play, it's TrickTrack from Episode II.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

I agree those are pretty good and I do love PSO2's music, I just find they don't quite convey the same urgency of doom that the original game produced. Of all the phantasy star games, PSO still has what I feel is the best atmospheric music, followed closely by PSO2.

I think that's in part because PSO2 is far closer to PSO than most other installments. There are even PSO songs being used in PSO2 for certain quests, and hell, the quest Winged Border Breaker ends with the players fighting Gal Griffin in front of the towers on Gal Da Val, complete with music and everything.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCraig View Post
    I think that's in part because PSO2 is far closer to PSO than most other installments. There are even PSO songs being used in PSO2 for certain quests, and hell, the quest Winged Border Breaker ends with the players fighting Gal Griffin in front of the towers on Gal Da Val, complete with music and everything.
    Speaking of the Griffin:

I love the track that accompanies the battle against that beast. By far my #1 track in the game