Page 47 of 96 FirstFirst ... 374445464748495057 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    A very good decision. Baby face is absolutely terrible - your character looked better than most (probably due to a lot of tweaks and hard work) but it's still an instant improvement with anime face.
    Thank you, yeah, I remember back in the beta days, it took hours of tweaks to finalize her initial design, when I thought I was done, I would take another look, change my mind again and do a few more tweaks, including a back and forth between the baby face and the only alternative at the time, the youthful face, but I just couldn't make that one work for me, I felt that it looks way too stiff.

Though the anime face isn't much better than the baby face when it comes to how restrictive it is to customize, I'm just not fully satisfied with either baby face or anime face, but ah well, it'll do for now.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

I really wish you could set any weapon in your inventory as a camo, because the Glycina Lithos talis goes perfectly with this get-up

Spoiler!

Always carrying a fresh melon hmm
    Spoiler!

Main Twitter - PSO2/Idola Twitter
    Idola ID - 416,416,656

Quote Originally Posted by kazuuya View Post
    Always carrying a fresh melon hmm
    Spoiler!
    Ready for a well-deserved vacation!

... Wait, what do you mean, more EQs?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    With Ep5 on its way, felt like doing some changes, other than making my main char use all classes (pretty much gonna stop using my other chars), decided to change her face from the baby face type to the anime type (and a few other minor tweaks as well).

Spoiler!

There's a few things I don't like much in the anime type face (mostly the lips), but it feels like an improvement overall, probably.
    I think there's merits to both looks--I'm not really in the "baby face is automatically bad" camp, but I agree that's it's very restrictive and in that respect you've always done a great job making all your characters look unique. The hours you put into that have always stood out. That said, I honestly think both versions of Johana look great and a new look can be a refreshing thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    I think there's merits to both looks--I'm not really in the "baby face is automatically bad" camp, but I agree that's it's very restrictive and in that respect you've always done a great job making all your characters look unique. The hours you put into that have always stood out. That said, I honestly think both versions of Johana look great and a new look can be a refreshing thing.
    Mhmm, both face types have their pros and cons, both can look nice, but both have a few things that bug me too.
    Kinda wish it was possible to mix elements from both.

EDIT:
    I may as well add a couple quick pics with the new face outside of the salon, using the mechanic outfit that was released recently. xd

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Jul 9, 2017 at 03:13 PM.

Babyface requires way more work than any other face imo,most noteably the nose,takes a lot of work to make it look like it wasn't caved in by punch.While the "anime"/youthful face isn't perfect it does require less work than babyface.And I agree we need a new face that's sort of a middleground,we haven't had a new face since what,episode 3?

I've always felt that the anime face is too rigid, and it's one of the reasons why I don't like using it. Also, despite the fact that I pretty much exclusively use it, the Youthful face is too sharp in a lot of respects. I do really wish there was a face variant that was as malleable as the Youthful, but also had slightly softer and "cuter" features without looking too awkward like the Baby face (especially that lack of nose bridge).
    Also, as much as I love the way you worked the baby face to be frankly astounding, Johana looks incredible with the new face. I was a little iffy about it in the salon picture, but seeing it in the wild really makes it stand out.
    Last edited by Anduril; Jul 9, 2017 at 04:00 PM.

Guess I mixed up anime with youthful,that face is actually worse than babyface.I'm convinced you can't make anything good from it lol....

Youthful isn't perfect either,takes a bit of work to get rid of the dagger chin.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Also, as much as I love the way you worked the baby face to be frankly astounding, Johana looks incredible with the new face. I was a little iffy about it in the salon picture, but seeing it in the wild really makes it stand out.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Touka View Post
    Guess I mixed up anime with youthful,that face is actually worse than babyface.I'm convinced you can't make anything good from it lol....

Youthful isn't perfect either,takes a bit of work to get rid of the dagger chin.
    Youthful is one of the original face types, the one used by the the HUnewearl in trailers, Quna and such.
    I've been calling anime type the one used by Katori, Hitsugi and such, while the one that looks awful I think was called deformed type?