Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need help with Heaven and Hell.

Hi, I really need help with completing this course. I'm a GU/RA, lvl 75/75 and can't seem to get past stage 3.
    1st stage - Nyans, easy peasy, baby stuff.
    2nd stage - I usually have a 3/5 chance of getting past this stage. its just the knight gear, really.
    3rd stage - I know to kill the doublunes first then the Nove Ringadarl will spawn hit the rings, after, the Diabo will spawn, and man, that thing is so erratic, i was lucky enough to dodge most of its hits, but still failed. I cant get enough dmg on him to destroy his wings for some reason. maybe I should go for the tail or horn first?
    I'm using the invade rain tmg atb- light 60 +10, and 75 atk affx , the valkyerie a30 +30 with 23% wind atb and 80 r atk affix if you're wondering.
    My equipment is pretty decent I have the Tian set their all at +10 with 80rtk affx
    Overall with my tmg I have 2731 r atk and when i have my valkeryie A30 equipped I have 2579 r atk pretty low i know I need to get different weapons, but this is all I can do for now.
    I have a video of me attempting the solo quest, if you could, please watch maturely . Look I know I'm not the best player ever but i'm still trying... I just want to know what i'm doing wrong, because i keep dying at the diabo part, I use to struggle with stage 2 but Ive gotten better. Please tell me if im using skills wrong here is my skill tree. http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/old/1...0jdoIb0000000j

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx86...ature=youtu.be

Honestly, the best advice is to get used to the boss pattern and know when to heal and such. Ultimate bosses or at least the nab and lillipas are much more aggresive than the regular ones, so is normal they are a pain to deal with at first.
    If you still have problems, you can always try to use GU/HU with automate or even iron will. You will lose some damage on weakpoints though(but gain more on other spots)

Your skill trees seem mostly good, but there's a few outliers. Mainly your Ra tree. You'd be better off with tactics trap than WH blast bonus and Killing bonus. I also recommend trying to get another one of the SP COs done and pick up dive roll shoot. It makes a huge difference. Alternatively, if you don't main Ra, you can drop that point out of Rare Mastery for it. It's only 30 atk.

For your Gu tree, I'm not sure why you chose to max Zero Range Critical instead of finishing Zero Range Advanced. Sure Zero Range Critical lets you get more out of TMG Mastery, but the actual damage gain, even if you somehow managed to get a 100% crit rate, is less than the last 5 points of ZRA. There's the pp gain to consider, but tactics trap and attack pp restorate should have you more than covered in that area.

Judging by your PA use I'd HIGHLY recommend getting crafted Parallel slider and using that instead of one point. Also, don't skip out on your JAs, you're missing 30% of your damage just doing that.

Also, your rifle might be weaker than your mech guns but absolutely do not forget about WB, especially WB+Chain combos. Don't forget you get most of your damage from hitting weakpoints. That's probably why you have problems breaking the wings. I can't record for shit, but I'll try to get a video of me doing it if I can.

EDIT: Oh, consider using the guts drink too. The enemies in the solo XQs are all their changeover versions with half health and double damage. >_>
    Last edited by Kondibon; Jan 8, 2017 at 03:00 AM.

Right, so.

A big problem you have in your video is that you S-Roll too much and Standing Snipe isn't getting a chance to proc on your Satellite Aims. Most of Heaven and Hell (and the game in general, really) is hosing so much damage on the enemies that they don't have the opportunity to really get going. So you need to commit to spamming Satellite Aim when the opportunity presents itself. A good example was 2:12 on your video when you move in on Dragon Ex. You did two Satellite Aims, but then you flipped before Standing Snipe would have kicked in and allowed you to stagger lock it to death. Additionally regarding the matter of S-Rolling too much, the bullet time roll (third S-Roll in a row) really shouldn't see that much use. It locks you in, wasting time that could be spent taking advantage of the opening in the attack you just dodged, and has some serious recovery frames at the end of it, setting you up to take a smack if your timing was bad (and if you're using the bullet time roll, it probably was).

Unfortunately, Stage 3 doesn't have any vulnerabilities to native Gunner equipment. But Stage 4 doesn't offer vulnerability or resistance to TMGs, so Stage 3's floor order isn't really important to clear. You have the right idea isolating Diabo by directing your kills and controlling the order in which things spawn. But you shouldn't bother with destroying parts since, as a Gu/Ra, your damage to non weak points is meh, at best. Instead, do the WB/CT combo on its head when it appears. It doesn't have much HP, so you don't need anything crazy. A 20-chain Elder Rebellion will be safe while dealing heavy damage to, if not outright killing, Diabo.

Alternatively, you could just sub HU and completely obviate your struggles here. As for your skill tree...well. It's not the cause of your woes.
    Last edited by Xaeris; Jan 8, 2017 at 03:10 AM.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

For safety reasons ...... you can also use crafted-BulletSquall ...... and rain them from a bit higher place. Kind of cheap tactic and will take sometime to clear of course ...... but at least some or most of the attacks won't reach you o-o

Subbing Hu would be better due to multiplier not limited to weak spot.

A bit old video I did (almost a year ago) ...... though I think should be enough if you just need to clear it .....
    Skip to 2:38 for Diabo part
    Spoiler!
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Put bluntly, fail stage 3's order, and just go for a diabo direct face lockon/kill. it's irrelevant because stage 4 is a complete joke.

I forgot the solo XQ has WB jamming. Yeah, you'd probably be better off going with Gu/Hu for a bit more survivability and less reliance on weak points if you don't use rifle a lot.

Alright, thanks I use one point because of its reliability, other pas just arn't reliable and I dont want to miss my shot. I mainly just use my Assault rifle for WB honestly. yeah my skill tree wasn't really intended to be like that, I just searched what a good skill tree looks like. Oh yeah, I haven't been using just attacks at all, man I feel really stupid now. do just attacks really help damage?? Yeah I use the wb and chain strategy btw.

EDIT: Also, fuck making this video. I haven't played Gu in ages, X_x

Quote Originally Posted by DerpyBlakers View Post
    Alright, thanks I use one point because of its reliability, other pas just arn't reliable and I dont want to miss my shot. I mainly just use my Assault rifle for WB honestly.
    Crafted parallel slider is just one point but better. Impact slider is good too.
    Quote Originally Posted by DerpyBlakers View Post
    do just attacks really help damage??
    Yes, they're a 30% damage increase.

Hey, I was wondering? How do you get so much damage? Geez its like you're getting 3x times more damage as i was in my video, i guess I need to work on my just attacks, I also use gear accumulation.