Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gix VS. Astra

Default Gix VS. Astra

The hottest stuff lately. Previously Orbit and Austere were the hottest stuff for an year or so, but they were really tough to farm for, and these series are really casual to collect thanks to СF system.

My thoughts are like this.

Gix - Austere's legacy, cause they have high damage output. Too bad they were boring to farm, because how braindead new Ult is. But there was the bright side: its was available 24/7, so if you have tight schedule, it was a perfect choice. The latent was kinda intresting too, I appreciate when your gear or skillset affect your playstyle and makes you wanna adapt. Too bad for me as a Figther that I eat mates like candies (total unability to guard or dodge because of my feeble sissy reflexes). But my twink Force can make enjoy her Gix Talis, its fits great.

Astra - Orbit's legacy, cause they have good damage output and some PP restorative features. Yeah, you can't use it as passive PP battery, but PP managment is there and that's really cool. I love PP managment and that's why Ely Sion was my favotire sword for a long time. CF gonna be around for a long time, so soon absolutely everyone gonna have em, so you'll never feel special because of it. But slap a camo on and make everyone guess what weapon are you holding, until they take their time and scan your gear via 'nearvy characters'.

So, Gix is higher damage dealing (about 10 percent according to my caltulations) and Astra is easier PP regen (which affect damage output too, if you thing about it, but its hard to calculate).

Of course, all of the above is a personall opinion, but I'm curious about what other's thinking is. Do you preffer Gix or Astra? For how long they gonna be really usable? Maybe we about to experience 14* rain soon that turns our current hard-earned gear into junk? And its gonna be even easier to get, just for shit and giggles.

Mixed, really. Depends on the weapon

Astra
    DB
    Knux
    Wand (TeBr)

Gix
    DS
    TD
    Rifle
    Talis

Either (depends on personal preference, either's good)
    Sword
    Partizan
    TMG
    Katana
    Quote Originally Posted by WarSarah View Post
    in other news, accept your angular tits.

I don't really agree with Astra beig orbit's legacy, as Orbit is still its own thing in terms of PP regen and gameplay change. Otherwise pretty much agree with Nyansan, except I'd put DS and Boots in Astra category, but that's just me really.

i like astra better, better pp regen and it's easy to get it's full potential
    gix sounds stronger (in term of raw dmg) but one hit and you lose 14% atk when astral have nothing required to get 12% atk

As a katana braver Gix
    Anyone else Astra

Its all about that stupid condition Gix's weapons have. Despite the time to max being pretty short its the condition that you need to follow that makes them downright worthless for some weapons. Rifle/Launcher DON'T GET HIT regardless of how good you are that is just not in the cards at times. Sure you could dodge the big hits mostly but there will be a small attack you end up getting hit with. Could just be a glancing blow but all it takes is just one to reset you which making it quite hard to keep damage up for RAs since their damage comes from planting themselves.

DBs same as Guns DON'T GET HIT but they also suffer from having to switch weapons constantly to match element making the timer reset. Short and simple you will rarely have max output with DBs because of having to switch or because you couldn't dodge an attack in time.

Gix if you don't switch from the weapon in question often. Astra for general use.

Gotta agree with IchijinKali that braver katana gets the most from Gix.

Personally with Sword, I lead in with Gix on runs all the way up until I get an Automate proc (or in UQ something like Anga getting sword resist).

If it doesn't, free damage, but I'm locked into using my Gix sword.
    If it does, switch to Astra, and I can now switch between Astra (for combat) and Orbit (when moving), or switch to my 2016 wand to heal off any chip damage if I'm doing an exploration or something. Or even switch to my partizan.

During any long periods of downtime I switch back to Gix.

I actually quite like how this all works out, though yeah, the restrictions on Gixs potential really shows.

I prefer orbit when using spears. For swords pp isnt a problem, so astra just for being slighty stronger. Gix pot being killed after a weapon swap is the deal breaker.