Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gix VS. Astra

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoir View Post
    IIRC my FO friend (who admitted no longer plays the game for the most part) disregarded the Astra weapons because half of the latent is PP regen on attack. Which, if you think about it, you may as well carry a Queen Viela.

At least with Gix you can actually use Jumping Dodge and that will not reset the latent bonus.
    gix will lose its pot during orbit swap or vera swap or (swapping from rod to talis) and not being able to mirage is bleh.. astra is basically an extra austere ele so why not (or get super lucky with epd)

IMO between Austere, Astra and Gix, Austere is still the better one potential-wise for both Fo weapons. I guess the only reason to pick Astra over it is if you don't have an Austere yet and aren't too keen on farming out the stuff for Austere + the OT style grinding.

Plus, I think it's best to wait and see what the Union upgrade to Ray weapons does, as the Ray series has one of the better potentials for Fo. The somewhat 'steep' requirements for the upgrade means that they may very well be on par (if not better) than the three mentioned above
    Quote Originally Posted by WarSarah View Post
    in other news, accept your angular tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyansan View Post
    IMO between Austere, Astra and Gix, Austere is still the better one potential-wise for both Fo weapons. I guess the only reason to pick Astra over it is if you don't have an Austere yet and aren't too keen on farming out the stuff for Austere + the OT style grinding.

Plus, I think it's best to wait and see what the Union upgrade to Ray weapons does, as the Ray series has one of the better potentials for Fo. The somewhat 'steep' requirements for the upgrade means that they may very well be on par (if not better) than the three mentioned above
    Good plan, I'll update the topic when it happens.