Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    PSU was a complete mess in the West, I eventually imported a JP copy and played on JP servers later on.

PSPo2 was a mess in a different sense though, which I don't really blame SoA for. PSPo2's localization was great in my opinion, and I was really happy they kept a lot of the collaboration content the Japanese version had, like Vocaloid, Fate/Stay, and other anime items. My issue with PSPo2 was that people Pirated it to the point that it basically killed any chances of getting Infinity in the west, plus hacking was absolutely rampant on the Western version's online mode. It wasn't any fun unless you could plan ahead and make sure you were playing with people you knew who didn't cheat.
    On top of that, Sega planned to slowly release special item codes overtime through events and online, but people ripped the codes out of the game's code within the first few weeks of release. For shame.

I can even assure this was a problem only in the western release though, because I did import Inifnity when it came out (It was obvious it wasn't going to come west with how bad PSPo2's situation was), and none of that existed on JP version's online mode, interestingly enough.

Basically, Phantasy Star needs a break in the west, as much as I understand how disappointed some people are, it honestly needs a good long break. The most recent Phantasy Star I can think of to have a smooth western release was Phantasy Star Zero, but there's no way to play that online anymore without using an Action Replay or something similar. I guess I still have offline mode.
    Cool story, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    Cool story, bro.
    Actually, I can vouch that this really did happen when I got PSPo2.
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

Yeah, there were a bunch of hackers on PSPo2; some of them did really nasty stuff like joining public lobbies and resetting people to lv1 or even lv0 which would ruin your character. I just stopped playing with randoms after a while because i didnt want to bother with that.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutechRX View Post
    Yeah, there were a bunch of hackers on PSPo2; some of them did really nasty stuff like joining public lobbies and resetting people to lv1 or even lv0 which would ruin your character. I just stopped playing with randoms after a while because i didnt want to bother with that.
    Wow I played lots of PSPo2 and I remember people hacking to get World of Guardians but resetting people character level didn't know anything about that.

Hacking has existed since Phantasy Star Online
    Original Hack for the Dreamcast version was to make four items through a game shark.
    Priest/Mind--, Priest/Mind--, God/HP++, God/TP++

These were not the regular versions of items. They were super-versions.
    MST was connected to your overall TP, and these hacked priest/mind-- would drop you to -1000 to -2000 MST
    Then God/TP++ would increase your TP by around 10,000 (like I said... Hacked versions)
    The hacked God/HP++ would increase your HP by around 50,000.

Since now you had TP to cast techs and a negative MST stat.
    All a player had to do is enter any room and during a boss battle spam Resta!

Instead of gaining health, the players lose health.
    In the original game, dying made the player drop their currently equipped weapon and their meseta.
    Grab the weapon and meseta, and simply log out.

Hell, I remember all the hacked level 999 mags.

PSO as a series has always had its hackers....
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    PSO as a series has always had its hackers....
    That's kind of my point. Especially in western releases, hacking is always a thing. That's why I'm saying I'd prefer if Sega of America skipped out for a bit and figured some things out to prevent it in the first place, and fix their own internal issues.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Plenty of games have issues with hackers though. I remember playing Dungeon Defenders and that being like a hacker landfill. High tier players running around with near perfectly stated equipment. I only farmed end game long enough to find 3 ultimate ranked pieces of armor and they were all shit. Not even mentioning there was still Ultimate+ and Ultimate++ who plenty of people seemed to have with the correct stats.

Then the currency they all used was an item people only get one of per account. The companion cube and they would trade 40+ of them just for a single item. Which again people only got one per account. Meaning either 40+ people sold them their cube or....

There was a tool that allowed people to change equipment rarity and stats. Some people knew enough about the game to know what was possible and what wasn't giving them the advantage when it came to passing equipment checks done by the game staff. Since all they did was check if the stats were in the RNG range and either didn't or couldn't check to see if the item actually dropped at that rarity/stats.

Then there was the ordeal with Binding of Isaac Rebirth where the devs added little bits of information on how to unlock The Lost. It was meant to be a community effort with a bunch of people getting the specific item and then dying. When they died they would get a small picture which was a piece of one of 4 bigger pictures and they were meant to get enough of them to figure out the unlock process for The Lost. Cue someone breaking into the game files and spewing that information out while the community was working on it.

World of Tanks with aimbots and mods that allowed you to zoomed further than you were suppose too. Some that allowed you to see past walls, ground, etc.

I could keep making a list. I suppose what I am saying is it doesn't matter what game you play, someone either is or already has hacks for it. The best you can do for an online multiplayer game is keep most things server sided.
    Last edited by Vatallus; Jan 18, 2017 at 04:36 PM.

From what I see, sea may server merge with TH (Actually, I'm not really sure if TH and TW are the same lul) That's the only logical thing I can think of.

Eitherway, not gonna last long for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Volkh View Post
    From what I see, sea may server merge with TH (Actually, I'm not really sure if TH and TW are the same lul) That's the only logical thing I can think of.

Eitherway, not gonna last long for sure
    Different country, different company, that's like saying US is the same as UK.

Taiwan version is Mandarin Chinese, run by Gamania

Sea and TH are the same version by playpark, except with language difference, it would be like if a game in the US has a English server and a Spanish server.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Soo.. I wonder if this would mean chaos or blessing to PSO2 JP when all of them are closed.