Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Maybe it's just the angle but her face looks taller and her chin looks slightly narrower. I never said it was a dramatic change though.
    That was the closest match I could find in google images But yeah it's a minor change compared to Claris and by extension, Sara's
    Spoiler!
    Quote Originally Posted by WarSarah View Post
    in other news, accept your angular tits.

i hope they will overhaul matoi's face like they do with Claris sometime

I honestly think the anime face most of The Animation characters have as well as Kohri and Hitsugi is kind of creepy.

Then again, even with the original non loli female face, Sega was just bad at making it work, players did better with it than any of the NPCs.

Enga looks great though, in my opinion.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    I honestly think the anime face most of The Animation characters have as well as Kohri and Hitsugi is kind of creepy.

The faces in general have always had that creepy doll look. Its what happens when you do a bad job of mixing 3D together with typical "cute" anime style. Makes me wish the next game goes for full stylized cel-shaded look like Peria Chronicles or Guilty Gear Xrd. Kohri's face is the most punchable face, to me at least.

I at least can tell that Matoi's EP4 face has less "baby fat" around the cheeks and her overall face being slightly longer along with the aforementioned slight changes to her eyes and eyelash. It has the effect that she looks slightly more mature because it would probably be jarring to see her old babier looking face in her current outfit that boosted her height.

I've never noticed the change with Claris Claes III and Sara's face, though. Maybe I'll try to look harder with Claris Claes III.

EP4 Sara will be harder for me to tell the difference because of her new bangs covering most of her face. Damn you, SEGA! You managed to make Sara look more like a cliche perpetually pissed tsundere than before!

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    EP4 Sara will be harder for me to tell the difference because of her new bangs covering most of her face. Damn you, SEGA! You managed to make Sara look more like a cliche perpetually pissed tsundere than before!
    At least she isn't actually one. All the times she's been mad at someone it seems to have been because she was legitimately mad at them instead of trying to cover up some sort of affection.

I guess you could say she's close to the old classic tsundere characters, but back when that was popular those kinds of characters tended to have short hair anyway. x:

Its worth nothing that in Sara's EP3 partner card, her personality trait is "Tsundere" (Eucrita has that trait too).

While its true that Sara currently doesn't have an obvious love interest so she hasn't used the cliche "Its not like I like you or anything! Baka!" line and while she is mostly nice and non-abrasive (to the Player, at least), she has said a lot of cliche tsundere lines like "Its not that I'm lonely or anything!" or "Its not like I care or anything" or "No! I'm not trying to be fashionable or anything!" (in a side cutscene where you can comment on her new hairstyle in EP2) in the story. Typical tsunderes often express not-so-subtle displays of feeling easily lonely. Not to mention that she has used "Baka!" pretty frequently towards Maria, Xiao and Huey. She has recently used the "Baka!" word in her EP4 debut cutscene (If you choose the 2nd dialogue suggesting that Xiao might feel lonely and she'll call you "Baaaka" for thinking that).

... but at least she doesn't have the cliche tsundere twin tails.

Then again, even with the original non loli female face, Sega was just bad at making it work, players did better with it than any of the NPCs.
    It's probably because they try to use anime proportions without knowing how to make it look pleasing, and without a really good sense of anatomy. Then again, the character creator can be a bit limited at times so there's that to blame aswell.

Enga looks great though, in my opinion.
    +1. Now if Sega would just release a better Hosoya voice than the ones we have now... And include Enga in the next line of character songs I'd be happy
    Quote Originally Posted by WarSarah View Post
    in other news, accept your angular tits.

Exelica of the Blue Sky TheszNuts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyansan View Post
    That was the closest match I could find in google images But yeah it's a minor change compared to Claris and by extension, Sara's
    Spoiler!
    That wasn't a minor change, that was a purposeful thing to signify the two year gap in the timeline of those pics plus hint that shes slowly becoming similar to Sara.

Back to the OP, all I can see from it is tier 5 compared to tier 6.

There is a game called Revelation Online that is in Closed Beta Test.
    That game has by far the best character creator out there.
    Can't say much for the gameplay itself yet, but
    as far as being able to make a character in the way that you want...
    That shit just got real...

As far as PSO-2 goes...
    I don't mind if characters do get a face-lift from time to time.
    I mean we all do it to our own characters when we get tired, bored, or want to try something new.
    Fashion is part of the endgame you know.... or all of those costumes wouldn't really exist..

The only tidbit I complain about is that while some characters do change a bit, we don't really see them growing older. They slap on a slightly more mature or provocative costume on the character at times, but I've always felt there was kind of an uneven wavelength between the look of the characters and their personality on most of the characters.

I was a player who came into the game with a young version of Keilyn, being roughly 12 - 14 years old, and then grew her up into an adult (around 26 - 27 years old), though she vanishes from existence when she turned 34. I am sure enough players floating in that game have their own stories. I just wish SEGA could play around with the assets they put into the game. A little bit of creativity can go a long way, and I've felt the game has been stale for a while.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"