Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ya I try to do 2 push ups and then I fall asleep

is excercise that important. its soooo painful.

are there any anti-pain vitamins to make it easier?

That one place you may or may not have been... East-side

No... But if that's all you can do is 2 then it's no big deal. Just start with your 2 and then eventually you'll work your way up.
    1 Corinthians 13 Love suffers long, is kind, envies not, isn't puffed up, doesn't behave unseemly, seeks not it's own, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil, rejoices not in sin, but rejoices in truth, bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things, love never fails... (MATTHEW 24:3-51)

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

2 push-ups is not what I would classify a workout. And exercise is important depending on what you want to do with your life. If you tell me what you are working out for I could easily find some workout mangement that you could work to that would more than likely help you out in some way.

Also that pain you get from excersizeing has always made me feel better knowing that when that pain goes away I will be stronger/faster/better than I was.

On 2006-12-08 11:22, Saner wrote:

are there any anti-pain vitamins to make it easier?
    We call those "steroids".

Your best bet to make the exercises easier is to do them more. That's one of the interesting things about the human body-- the more you use it, the better it gets. When you work it for a while, it may get sore, but it will heal back stronger than it previously was.

Start small if need be, but as it gets easier, increase your workout. It can take a while to get it going, but once you've made some progress, it's really quite rewarding.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Hmmmm... Steroids... That takes me back to last school year...
    1 Corinthians 13 Love suffers long, is kind, envies not, isn't puffed up, doesn't behave unseemly, seeks not it's own, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil, rejoices not in sin, but rejoices in truth, bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things, love never fails... (MATTHEW 24:3-51)

Pioneer 2s Drunken Swordsman Akdov's Avatar

When I do too much weight lifting I will sometimes get sore. Typically it is worse two days after you do the initial exercise. The more active you are the better accustomed your body will feel. If you really want to work out you need to research or look into a workout plan. The most important thing you need to know is when to stop and when to keep going. Even if you feel a little sore the first few times you just have to keep at it but don't over do it. Try to find a friend or partnern to exercise with it will be much more enjoyable.

I highly recommend exercising it is great and not enough people do it.

Oh and this might be a little off topic in this off topic post but I managed to get my mile in a half run time down from 15:45 minutes to 12:00 minutes in just three months. That was from running from 15 minutes to 30 minutes a day three days a week and one marathon in the freezing cold rain. I am quite proud of that accomplishment.

Pioneer 2s Drunken Swordsman Akdov's Avatar

Oh I forgot. For pain medicine Ibuprofen and Tylenol work just fine. Warm baths are pretty good on sore muscles as well.

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

On 2006-12-08 11:22, Saner wrote:
    is excercise that important. its soooo painful.
    If you want that sexy body that every guy wants to have, then yes. But it takes a lot of will power to make it happen. A combination of eating well and exercising consistently has to take place to make it work. I know way too many people who say they want to get in shape, stick with it for a few weeks, then they find an excuse to give it up and don't pick back up on it for months, which pretty much destroys any progress they made.

Even if you can only do two push-ups, that's two more push-ups than the average person does. Now do them every once in awhile in the day, every day, and you'll only get better from there.

On 2006-12-09 04:10, Akdov wrote:
    Oh I forgot. For pain medicine Ibuprofen and Tylenol work just fine. Warm baths are pretty good on sore muscles as well.
    And icey hot! Lot and lots of icey hot... Muha,ha,ha,ha,ha!!!!!!!!!!

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

On 2006-12-09 05:19, Parn wrote:
    Even if you can only do two push-ups, that's two more push-ups than the average person does. Now do them every once in awhile in the day, every day, and you'll only get better from there.
    True that.

Originally, I couldn't ever to a single pushup. I just couldn't. Then I worked on it. I could do 10. Then I worked onto 20. Then 30. Now I'm at 50, and sometimes I push myself to 60 or 70. I'm not a very strong guy, but if you keep working on it, it won't be so hard.