Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I literally can't think of any creatures in the game that would work, and that wouldn't really fit with how they're supposed to work in-universe anyway. If anything they should look more like Photon Beasts.
    mags flat out mags. instead of pokemon it should have been like digimon. We should have been able to merge with them, in glorious photon blasts of power
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

Quote Originally Posted by lostinseganet View Post
    mags flat out mags. instead of pokemon it should have been like digimon. We should have been able to merge with them, in glorious photon blasts of power
    I mean, Mags would be fine too, but every one else was clearly talking about random mobs.

But I don't want another needlessly complicated system. I like how simple the pets are compared to crap like affixing. 3:

like i said in another post , in terms of gameplay ep4 its good , but in artistic terms it was awful ( except for UQ amduscia) i mean the phantom are the most loose enemies i saw in my life, they dont give me the creative vibe which other enemy groups felt ( except mother and train ghidorah ) , the necessity for recycle the darkers for rescue them was desperate move , i mean most of them are just reskins there is no difference of how to kill them or what you should watch out and also i dont have hopes for the next EQ either , i mean 2 raid bosses who didn't hype me in a season that's bad really bad (you guys know already my opinion with yamato)

and im glad of the renewal of PD and mother EQ it was a relief for the sloth/crap artistic direction the game took .
    well for mother EQ the only thing i didnt liked was the 2nd phase it is tedious until the part of the cubes

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    like i said in another post , in terms of gameplay ep4 its good , but in artistic terms it was awful ( except for UQ amduscia) i mean the phantom are the most loose enemies i saw in my life, they dont give me the creative vibe which other enemy groups felt ( except mother and train ghidorah ) , the necessity for recycle the darkers for rescue them was desperate move , i mean most of them are just reskins there is no difference of how to kill them or what you should watch out and also i dont have hopes for the next EQ either , i mean 2 raid bosses who didn't hype me in a season that's bad really bad (you guys know already my opinion with yamato)

and im glad of the renewal of PD and mother EQ it was a relief for the sloth/crap artistic direction the game took .
    well for mother EQ the only thing i didnt liked was the 2nd phase it is tedious until the part of the cubes
    Pretty much.... Except I don't like ESC-A Falz Mother. I simply found her bullshit, and the Rideroid segment can go suck Satan's dick for all I care.

I did like the attempt at making cutscenes into less "push O and watch people talk". The sequence at the end of 4-7 was probably the most visually impressive story cutscene they've ever pulled off that wasn't pre-rendered.

Also, they finally introduced good field music. Prior to EP4, no one really cared for field music.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Prior to EP4, no one really cared for field music.
    Speak for yourself. I find a lot of earlier tracks better than EP4 stuff. Not saying that it's bad, but it's far from the best this game has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Speak for yourself. I find a lot of earlier tracks better than EP4 stuff. Not saying that it's bad, but it's far from the best this game has to offer.
    I mean, relatively speaking. I don't think many of the field tracks from EP1~2 stood out that much. EP3 had pretty good field tracks, though. I really like Double's Inner Universe.

I'm biased towards vocal music, though.
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Ep 4 brought good game mechanics and that's it, that said, ep 4 could have had a good story and interesting maps and still deliver these good mechanics. What esle can I say. The game feels so stupidly out of place that it doesn´t even feel like a phantasy star game anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Prior to EP4, no one really cared for field music.
    What? There's a bunch of pre EP4 free field music I LOVE. Especially Coast, and Quarry.

I feel like Episode 4 has actually had the most divisive music due to it having lyrics.

Maybe I worded that wrong, sorry. I personally didn't think a number of field themes had much impact compared to some of the bigger stuff, like EQ music and whatnot. I'm probably just not too much of the type that pays mind to the field music.