Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New level cap

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    Honestly I feel like this could be fixed by having LESS blocks but expanding the block player capacity by quite a bit.
    But uh,thats a smart idea.
    So it probably wont happen :^)
    It'll never happen because then it'd make premium obsolete in their eyes. I mean, it likely would on some ships considering all the 100% unused space that exists. Each block is its own miniature server essentially, right? So they're all on separate machines? Wouldn't it stand to reason, then, that having all those empty blocks is just wasting hardware?

Whatever. I doubt they've even done a cost/benefit analysis on the idea of cleaning up/consolidating the blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by NightfallG View Post
    It'll never happen because then it'd make premium obsolete in their eyes. I mean, it likely would on some ships considering all the 100% unused space that exists. Each block is its own miniature server essentially, right? So they're all on separate machines? Wouldn't it stand to reason, then, that having all those empty blocks is just wasting hardware?

Whatever. I doubt they've even done a cost/benefit analysis on the idea of cleaning up/consolidating the blocks.
    I dont think blocks are on different servers in hardware way, but in software they are definitely. That also explains lag during popular eqs, if each block would be separate server there would be no difference between like elder eq when 5-6 blocks are totally filled up and mother with 30+ full blocks, and there is definitely a big difference. If blocks would not be separate servers at all, then there is no purpose for them to exist at all. But I highly doubt that it's 100-like hardware machines per one ship.

Honestly I don't know why they couldn't make so quests are running on a separate software server, different from lobby server, and make it so like 20 MPAs per server, and make then like 20 software servers per one hardware server. That would simplify things a lot and allows to get rid of blocks at all.
    Last edited by rsod; Jan 29, 2017 at 09:56 AM.

each block isn't a separate server, a set of blocks is, i think it was around 6 blocks per IP, that was the case when the pso2 ship info site was still alive whatever many years/months ago it was but wasted hardware in 2017? i'd think that even the backwards sega would know how to scale but then again, they are shuffling up blocks so frequently that they might be actually physically adding/removing servers
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

can't wait for episode 5 to add a new class

^Same, I just hope it's not something stupid like a Bard/Singing class or something.

I still want a tech/ranged class :c
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelion X.XX View Post
    ^Same, I just hope it's not something stupid like a Bard/Singing class or something.
    We already have a conductor class. I think that's far enough.

Slicers. Whatever class comes next needs to come with slicers. Please, we're five years deep into a Phantasy Star game; it's silly we've gone this long without slicers as it is.

give me whip please (´・ω・`)

So we need a tech-ranged class that uses whips and slicers? That's a tough call