Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

back again with another question. If i were to get the element weapon active skills from the force class and put them in the toolbar (quickbar?) would i need to have the skills in my main skill board or can i have it in skill board 2/3 and still be able to activate it? the recent quests that requires a certain elements to do damage and live have been rather difficult and i've been pushing through by putting element attachments and resist on my weapon. was wondering if i should train the force class to 120 to get the skills so i can replace one of the attachments for something more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by bobo5100 View Post
    back again with another question. If i were to get the element weapon active skills from the force class and put them in the toolbar (quickbar?) would i need to have the skills in my main skill board or can i have it in skill board 2/3 and still be able to activate it? the recent quests that requires a certain elements to do damage and live have been rather difficult and i've been pushing through by putting element attachments and resist on my weapon. was wondering if i should train the force class to 120 to get the skills so i can replace one of the attachments for something more useful.
    Side note, but if you haven't already done so, I recommend getting a Shield Unit with Element Resist so you only need one Attachment to hit 100% resistance. This makes those Quests much, much easier (and lets you tank through certain attacks, to boot).

For the main question, Skills will only work if the weapon you're wielding has the appropriate Skill on the linked Skill Board. So the situation you described (using a Weapon linked to Skill Board 1 while your Element Skills are linked to Skill Board 2) would not work, to my knowledge. Note that I have not actually tested this, so take it with a grain of salt.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Yeah i've been trying to make the elemental resist armors but i don't have the materials or the cores to make them. I's working towards making all the element armors but not knowing japanese makes it hard to figure out where to get stuff. I noticed that i can activate the ranger skills from skill board 2 and switch back to my sword weapon that is linked to skill board 1. the skill seems to still be activated normally but i'm not sure if the stat boost is working. Guess i'll try getting force to 101 and see if the fire weapon element will work. been stuck on the quest where i have to use water element weapons and fire resistance armor and the boss has a timer of 20 mins.

I have tested activating fire element weapon on a weapon that is linked to a skill board 2 and have switched back to a weapon linked to skill board 1. The effect stays and lets me hurt the fire weak monster. this is really good in case anyone else is in need for a certain element. worth training force to 120 for all 6 elements given the fact that the skills also increase all damage by 30%.