Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default union vs astra vs gix

Gix:

all: universally starts at 6% and powers up over time until it hits 20% (or was it 8%.. fk i cant remember)
    melee: 70s to full power do not use mates
    ranged (and bouncer and wand) : 50s to full power do not get hit
    tech: 60s to full power do not mirage

Astra:
    12% damage 40% on hit pp regen

Union:
    10% damage 10% native regen 5% damage reduction 10% pp reduction

special ability factors:

gix: Sentence Power/Shoot/Technique (3 seperate ones depending on attack type, +20 atk +4 pp )

astra: phrase response ( +5% on hit regen)

Union (and to that extent ray as well) : A S T R A L S O U L B O I Z (+35 all +35 HP +5 PP)
    Last edited by Flaoc; Feb 10, 2017 at 03:14 PM.

Union for Light and maybe Fire Rod and Talis, because those 10% PP reduction and passive regen will help spamming things massively.

Yes, Tech weapons for Union series, and the rest remains the same.

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Union for Light and maybe Fire Rod and Talis, because those 10% PP reduction and passive regen will help spamming things massively.
    It depends. Astra's melee PP regen is massive. I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but for a 3 hit combo (with rod shoot 3+ and PP restorate 10) you get over 60 PP. A generic rod will give you around 45. Using orbit potential 1 for the same amount of time is something like 39 PP, if using orbit rod in melee both potentials are about the same and in the 50's range. Union rod's 10% passive PP gen is only worth about 1.5 PP per 3 hit melee combo. Multiply by 1.10 to factor in the lower use cost of techs and it's not as much PP as you get from Astra.

If you wanted to absolutely maximize PP, you would use Orbit for times when you can't get into melee range (possibly orbit potential 1 for compounds), Union for attacking or PP regen while in mirage, and Astra for melee PP regen and compounds.

Also keep in mind that the passive PP regen rate's impact on tech use will depend on charge time. Concentrated techs won't feel much difference. Power techs with long charge times will benefit more. As an example the effective PP cost reduction with Union on charged Concentrated Ragrants is only 10.7%. For charged Ice Fang Ilbarta it's 13.6%. For Namegid, it's 15.8%.

Just get Astras and get the hell with 14*s when you get them. Forget the numbers. Honestly. LoooL.

Sorry I'm just too disappointed with the fried ounions.

I am weird because I still prefer using an orbit over using any of those. Sure, I can swap to orbit and main any of the others, but with the small damage difference they offer, along with the time it takes to swap it(cause I play on controller), I prefer to go orbit 24/7 instead :S

If I had to pick though, I know for sure Gix wouldnt be my choice. Not being able to swap to a different weapon, plus having to play extra careful seems like it will hinder me more than it will help me.

Quote Originally Posted by echofaith View Post
    I am weird because I still prefer using an orbit over using any of those.
    100% Agree, I use Orbit knuckles, with Astra TD and Gix DS. For what I use knuckles for, Orbit works just fine, and it's more useful as a PP battery for me, I see no reason to upgrade those yet.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Just get the ones you like the most look wise as well as orbits. They all destroy anything atm anyways.

I'm still using double cannon and Austere TD. This new shits not worth the upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal255 View Post
    This new shits not worth the upgrade.
    P'much what I'm thinking for the most part. Missed my chance for gix katana, so I may as well stay with austere since union and astra are within ~2% damage

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!