Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1421222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Solo PD Thread

Swallowed pride.
    Changed to automate.
    Went hyper aggro because of it.

Shaved almost 2 minutes off my time, and I know I can still be faster in my gear as Br/Hu.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

for katana br's that isn't using gix, I would like to suggest getting orochi agito with it's photon booster pot along with ul buster on it for kc usage. Would still suggest gix users to get it as well since needing to heal seems impossible to avoid.

For Db bo's i heavily recommend getting niren orochi because (lol) 60% damage on break stance along with ult buster.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Swallowed pride.
    Changed to automate.
    Seriously though. Why does everyone think Automate is just a crutch?

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Seriously though. Why does everyone think Automate is just a crutch?
    Well I think he meant that going automate allowed him to play more aggressive in a face-tanky way, which is good when you have trouble dodging (and god knows PD can be a dick when it comes to bit patterns)

However, I do agree that if you got the reflexes and mechanical skills to pull it off, you can play very aggressive while avoiding almost every hit, and just get automate to be the safety layer in case you DO get hit.

48 seconds short of an S rank now. It's pretty much down to hoping Double and PD give good patterns at this point.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

2nd try. No orbit weapons for PP regen, and no talis for Double. I guess what I am saying is you don't need to have all the gear and 200 pp to S rank solo PD. Then again i've only tried and done it was Fi/Hu and Fo/Te so far. >.>

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Well I think he meant that going automate allowed him to play more aggressive in a face-tanky way, which is good when you have trouble dodging (and god knows PD can be a dick when it comes to bit patterns)

However, I do agree that if you got the reflexes and mechanical skills to pull it off, you can play very aggressive while avoiding almost every hit, and just get automate to be the safety layer in case you DO get hit.
    This is what I mean though. I keep seeing people act like Automate is meant to be for surviving mistakes, when it's specifically meant for face tanking without having to stop your damage. I feel like people don't understand the value of being able to trade hits in a game where it takes so long to use healing items normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    This is what I mean though. I keep seeing people act like Automate is meant to be for surviving mistakes, when it's specifically meant for face tanking without having to stop your damage. I feel like people don't understand the value of being able to trade hits in a game where it takes so long to use healing items normally.
    Both ways are compatible more or less I think. Moreover that parrying attacks gives some advantages, especially with katana. Like you can attack intensevily and block things when timing is right.

I suppose I miss a lot of damage cause of the lack of team tree ... like how many percent? 20% ATK at level 8? :/

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    I suppose I miss a lot of damage cause of the lack of team tree ... like how many percent? 20% ATK at level 8? :/
    something like that, yes. every tiny buff counts with this quest.