Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Solo PD Thread

I don't even get A-rank anymore, but I can't touch the time of people playing my class. Probably never will since it's all whale affixes dictating the time at a certain point

double and pd are also heavily rng influenced for time.. speed killing helps lower the rng but its still very much there

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    I don't even get A-rank anymore, but I can't touch the time of people playing my class. Probably never will since it's all whale affixes dictating the time at a certain point
    Honestly, most of the people are overestimating the affixes of people in the videos. Some do have godlike affixes, but it actually doesn't give you that big of a damage boost in the grand scheme of things. Using the right drinks and all actually have a bigger impact overall. Most of them have of course strong affixes but don't rock insane stuff like Astral/Returner either

Also as Falco said, RNG makes can make a 2/3 minutes difference, especially for some classes (PD stalls can waste an insane amount of time, dying and half dolling during bits part also completely ruins runs and so on. Conversely, lucky panic inflicting can greatly improve your runs against PD)

So yeah if you really want a great run, just figure your average time and think your optimal time if stars align is probably 1/1;30 minutes under that at the very least.

Stats are in from the ARKS Live! nico stream.

Percentage of players who cleared on day 1: 13%.
    Percentage of players who S-Ranked on day 1: 2%.
    Percentage of players who have cleared the Solo EM: 44%
    Percentage of players who have S ranked: 17%

Edit: I R bad at maths (had to correct a few stats since I misheard some numbers. It's 5AM in the morning so I'm not completely there)
    Last edited by Lyrise; Mar 4, 2017 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Honestly, most of the people are overestimating the affixes of people in the videos. Some do have godlike affixes, but it actually doesn't give you that big of a damage boost in the grand scheme of things.
    Got my 12* units from 65 to 135 S-ATK each and I got 2 - 3 minutes boost in average, so it does give me a boost. :/ ... however it's not in terms of huge difference though, it does give damage boost, but what counts were I have lesser PD animations due to that. So it may not give much, but those small boosts counts a lot in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    Got my 12* units from 65 to 135 S-ATK each and I got 2 - 3 minutes boost in average, so it does give me a boost. :/ ... however it's not in terms of huge difference though, it does give damage boost, but what counts were I have lesser PD animations due to that. So it may not give much, but those small boosts counts a lot in this one.
    I agree. It's not about raw damage boosts, it's about hitting break points. One clear example for me, Double's tongue before going into the gate spin attack. If timed right, one Baranstion will kill Double and let me skip a massive time wasting part of the fight. The difference between a good time and a poor time can be decided by a few points in T attack. You either kill with Baranstion, or get swamped by toy cars.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticAura View Post
    One clear example for me, Double's tongue before going into the gate spin attack.
    As for me if it does - there's 100% no S-rank possibility. Double MUST be killed before that gate spin attack.

guys i want to fight solo PD as a hu/br using my seiga sword, the combo i use is: guilty break , ignition parry and over end , how viable this combination is . the only reason i haven't encourage its because double 2nd half , as braver is hard to reach the tongue i don't want to imagine as a hunter

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    guilty break
    lock to tongue -> charge -> jump -> release while in air -> keep yourself up by attacking and over end it

Quote Originally Posted by MysticAura View Post
    I agree. It's not about raw damage boosts, it's about hitting break points. One clear example for me, Double's tongue before going into the gate spin attack. If timed right, one Baranstion will kill Double and let me skip a massive time wasting part of the fight. The difference between a good time and a poor time can be decided by a few points in T attack. You either kill with Baranstion, or get swamped by toy cars.
    Great for Force. I wish Fighter can do a freaking Barantsion as I'm a Fighter in this thread. Lols.