Default is Skyforge similiar to PSO? It's coming to ps4 in march around there

I saw a quick gameplay vid of the PC version, looks kind of interesting. PSO2 is unwelcoming with the language barrier, at least this is in english, with better graphics and framerate than Onigiri. maybe it will flow fine on PS4. Some rant about the grind, but what game/ORPG/MMORPG with longterm progression incentives, doesn't have some degree of repetition and grinding? At least the battle system looks a little more like PSO instead of WoW.
    and its not a MOBA, so I think it could get more uses than SMITE

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/free-play...ming-ps4-march

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6JHPPmNHjc

https://sf-ps4.my.com/en

Hi Saner.

Skyforge is a game I played since beta.
    But I don't play it much anymore.

Skyforge's story is that you were a warrior on the surface who was killed in a war. Upon dying, you awoke as an immortal! Now you will let your wrath be felt across the world by starting your own religion on the surface in order to gain prestige and ascend to god hood. That's right! The goal in Skyforge is to become a God!

The player picks out his character class (which can be changed nearly at-will), which is connected to a Node-System. Changing classes gives you base stats linked to your overall prestige stat along with whatever class-nodes you have unlocked. This means you will have one strong class and many weak classes. Special Classes have to be unlocked before they can be selected.

Skyforge is an extremely hardcore game, forcing a player to have equal time playing Solo and equal time playing in parties/guilds. Within parties, you will race to reach the weekly cap on resources used to raise your overall prestige. If you don't reach your weekly cap, any points you could have gain are lost during the reset and you will fall behind. During Solo Play, you will go and establish your religion and solve the problems that your followers have! Remember, that sometimes you must make them REPENT for their sins.

Be a vengeful God!
    Transform into the prettiest girl in the cosmos and say "You can't have me!" to all the men on the planet
    I'm sure they will all fall in line after falling in love with their God..

Or just follow Morgan Freeman's Advice in Bruce Almighty and simply "Take a Vacation" and let the Dark Ages be their Punishment!

Either way...
    Enjoy the super boring, super idiotic storyline that tries to portray you as a small and lonely human with infinite amount of cheat codes trying to solve all the riddles and puzzles thrown against the planet that you are mysteriously charged to return to order. Yea! Afterlife is your punishment!

But look on the bright side!
    Past, Present, and Future.... Everyone will call your name 'till the end of time!
    Good Luck reading all of those prayers...

My beef with this game is that they make you a God, but
    they can't even give you a nice control set to fire off earthquakes and tidal waves to the world below.

Remember Populus?
    NOW THAT WAS A REAL GAME where you can be GOD and send doom upon your enemies! "Well done Mortal.....my ass!"

Graphics in Skyforge were nice, clean, and pretty.
    Gameplay was monotonous and repetitive
    People were boring, intrinsic, and egotistical like the next game....

....and the gameplay felt like something out of a Xena: Warrior Princess Episode, or Hurcules: Legendary Journey Episode. Good luck shoving your foot up all the ass of all the fake mythology this game throws you through!

My favorite part was reassembling that blasted robot just so it gets up, attacks me... and I have to destroy it!

Speaking of PvP..
    Um... Actually....
    Lets not speak of the P2W PvP.....
    Lets just speak of all the P2W players who whine, bitch, and complain at the P2W players above them who beat them. :P

Stay within your tier...
    thats all I will say!
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Thanks for the info. Might try it, though yes I know Skyforge really isn't so appealing in the longterm, there's something about these korean and western flavored games that just lack the charisma of games like PSO, FFXI and FFXIV. Well at least it's a tad higher in quality than some other F2P games.

Quote Originally Posted by Saner View Post
    Thanks for the info. Might try it, though yes I know Skyforge really isn't so appealing in the longterm, there's something about these korean and western flavored games that just lack the charisma of games like PSO, FFXI and FFXIV. Well at least it's a tad higher in quality than some other F2P games.

Square-Enix had its problems with FF XI and FF XIV. FF XIV failed and returned as "A Realm Reborn" and now its good. I liked PSO-1 and PSU a bit better than PSO-2 due to the business model used in PSO-2. Don't go comparing all the games in the world to Square-Enix and SEGA offerings.

There are many games in Korea, China, and Japan that fall into both...
    The Complete Shitball category, and the Decent to Good category.

I am currently waiting on the Early Access Period for Revelation Online.
    Though, there the CN version (original version) has some buzz in its popularity.
    You might get surprised at how the character creator it... its the best one Ive seen in a game so far.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

For what it is worth, it is a decent action mmo for console. Granted, I only played a few missions but I found the combat more engaging. It is the reason why I can't seem to get into games like ESO, XIV, or Neverwinter.

The game lacks a lot of features that will make you scratch your head. It is kind of like how Bungie doesn't have a matchmaking system for some missions...all of Skyforge lacks matchmaking. I don't believe you can PM players either. Those are pretty fundamental (rather standard) features that should be in any MMO-type game.

Apparently you can use voice chat in lobbies. It works well because no one is hogging the line, but if everyone was using their mic...it would turn out to be a pretty dumb feature.
    GT: X xi ReaveR x X