Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default Phantasy Star Online 2 Episode 0 (Manga) Discussion (Chapter 5 out)

As of this post, the manga is yet to be released but from what is said from Anime News Network, the release of the 1st chapter will be in February (this month, as of this posting). Better to start early, I say. Like with the "Episode 4 Discussion" thread, the purpose of this thread is to discuss about the latest chapters.

I'll try to update the title of this thread as soon as the latest chapters are out. For example, if Chapter 2 of the manga is out, I will edit the title to "Phantasy Star Online 2 Episode 0 (Manga) Discussion (Current: Chapter 2)". This way, those that aren't informed of the latest release and especially if their done discussing the previous chapter will know a new chapter is out.

As a surprising amount of users here intend to support the original work such as via purchasing Shōnen Ace (the magazine that the manga is being featured in), I believe its best that we try to avoid doing the following:

• Posting the RAWs or links to the RAWs
    • Posting the full chapters or links to the full chapters that did not come from Shonen Ace or Comic Walker website
    • Posting a full page or links to the full page of the chapters

What we can try to do:

• Posting one panel (that is, the small boxes displaying a scene within a page)
    • Posting a link to the chapters from the Shonen Ace website or Comic Walker
    • Simply making a post that informs others that the latest chapter or RAWs are released (no links, no images, just inform it through words)

There are no penalties to disregarding the "Don'ts", there's nothing to stop any of you from doing so and you won't be verbally called out on it (at least, not by me). Any of you are free to view the RAWs or scanlations at your own leisure. The only reason to adhere to the Do's and Don'ts here is out of respect for those that want to support the original work and out of respect for the author.

I am currently not aware of any possible translation team planning to translate the manga. Chances are, the manga will remain untranslated to us indefinitely. If any of you have an understanding of Japanese, feel free to summarize the contents of a chapter here.

This is the link of the author's Twitter for those that want to know more about the manga.
    Last edited by loafhero; Jul 28, 2017 at 09:45 PM.

We could do translations, if there are people willing to do it.

I'll probably get scans in once I get my copy, but according to LA Kinokuniya, special orders don't typically show up until a week after release (same deal with my PSO2 Fashion Catalog that I ordered from them). Since we're doing the whole "don't post everything" bit, I'll just link to an imgur album.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

New update from the Shonen Ace Twitter update which shows a new cover once again featuring Matoi and the OG Melphonsina. The tweet also confirms the issue's release will be on the 25th this month. I guess we should expect the chapter to be out on the website by that time:

The cover

It looks like Melphonsina is wearing the Neighbor Quartz outfit, one of the available female outfits at the start of the game. I had expected that she'd be wearing Melrandia's outfit from EP1 (minus the tacky giant hat and back ribbon) having assumed that Melrandia was trying to emulate Melphonsina in appearance. At the very least, she could have been given a unique outfit that not only would have made her more distinguishable in appearance but would have also made for a future AC or SG scratch in the game. I mean, the manga is still ultimately advertisement for PSO2 after all.

Loving how cold Matoi looks in the cover.

After reading through quest 1, I have to wonder - just how strong Melphseana really is. In their younger days, she's depicted as much stronger than Gettemhult, and not only that, he even admits that she's much too strong for him, how he'd lose to her every time they sparred. The game treats the older Gettemhult as pretty monsterous (at the time of episode 1 that is)...

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    We could do translations, if there are people willing to do it.

I'll probably get scans in once I get my copy, but according to LA Kinokuniya, special orders don't typically show up until a week after release (same deal with my PSO2 Fashion Catalog that I ordered from them). Since we're doing the whole "don't post everything" bit, I'll just link to an imgur album.
    Will LA Kinokuniya have it in stock? If so I'll probably drive over and buy it myself.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post
    After reading through quest 1, I have to wonder - just how strong Melphseana really is. In their younger days, she's depicted as much stronger than Gettemhult, and not only that, he even admits that she's much too strong for him, how he'd lose to her every time they sparred. The game treats the older Gettemhult as pretty monsterous (at the time of episode 1 that is)...
    Love is a hell of a drug.

That Lisa cameo was interesting. Apparently, she still looked the same even when Afin and Eucreta were still little kids. I see why SEGA is currently hiding her age.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post
    Its probably the origins of why Gettemhart became so obsessed with nothing but fighting. Melphonsina was probably like a milestone for Gettemhart. Someone he hoped to surpass one day but when she died, he became an empty shell of his former self who can't remember why he liked fighting to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    Will LA Kinokuniya have it in stock? If so I'll probably drive over and buy it myself.
    They do not have it in stock as of today; I don't believe it's in their typical import set. If you place an order for the April issue, however, they'll have it in by next week.
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

yo someone wanna hook me up?

Just got my copy today. I literally almost laughed out loud at Melphonsina's choice of class combo and weaponry; in terms of gameplay, FI/TE running TDs and Talis is pretty bad.

In all seriousness, I'm liking the direction we're going so far. Matoi has good contrast and personality range, and a lot of characters that got dumped after EP1 are seeing the limelight again. Hope the next one keeps up the momentum.

Also, that sweet Dudu cameo.