Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

But in that case, why did Player not die?
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    But in that case, why did Player not die?
    Well, the player is supposed to be one of the strongest characters in the story. Also, Xiao did hit the panic button and pull them out prematurely.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Well, the player is supposed to be one of the strongest characters in the story. Also, Xiao did hit the panic button and pull them out prematurely.
    Ah, you're right. I should rewatch EP1~3.

By the way, is it okay to share scans? A friend of mine is in Japan currently, and she picked up the EPISODE0 manga for me. She should be back next week. I'd be willing to provide scans to anyone that needs them. Maybe it could help with translating!
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Finally got to reading the last chapter and boy is it tragic.

The cover page isn't even being subtle about MatoixMelphonsina (not that I'm complaining).

The last page has Matoi (in EP1 clothes but not smiling) in the same position as she was in the cover of the chapter. I think what the last page is trying convey here is that although Melphonsina isn't physically there any more, she will always be a part of Matoi (possibly in the form of Photons). Alternatively, its probably trying to convey that there is now a huge empty part in Matoi's heart that she can't even remember which is the more bittersweet interpretation.

Unlike what I had thought, it seems that Melphonsina knew that the Clarissa would turn her entire being into pure Photons but went through with it anyway to save Matoi despite Matoi not willing to do so.

Although there's no translations yet, I think Gettemhart in page 20 is calling Melrandia "Shina" and Melrandia just accepts it silently.

While the last few pages with Afin there are implied to be from the Player's POV, unlike in the game, its Afin who seemingly hears Matoi and leads the Player to her instead of the other way around.

I've bought the complete volume when it first came out, but didn't have much time to read it. Today, I finished reading chapters 3-6 in one go.

And I have to say, I fully enjoyed this "original" timeline of PSO2 before the Player's intervention during Episode 2. The backstories were nice, Shiina was much lovelier than expected, and emotions drawn by the mangaka were aspiring. It truly caught the feelings we got in the game. And Shiina's "will" at the last couple of pages, asking the Player to save Matoi made me tear up as all memories of episode 1-3 came out bursting. A great additional lore piece for a great game.

I'm just looking forward to Shiina from episode 5 and how will she compare to the "original" Shiina.

Quote Originally Posted by Rengemaru View Post
    I'm just looking forward to Shiina from episode 5 and how will she compare to the "original" Shiina.
    You'd be disappointed.
    test

Sad to say that whoever is in charge of writing EP5's story doesn't seem to show the same amount of love for Shiina as the author of the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    Sad to say that whoever is in charge of writing EP5's story doesn't seem to show the same amount of love for Shiina as the author of the manga.
    Well, Shiina was also the main character in the manga, so...
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Found this cute little special chapter by the mangaka

https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust....st_id=66484339

Has a cute little moment between Melphonsina and Gettemhart. Their nervousness confirms for me that they were never a couple back then.

Oldprentice on a motorcycle at the end was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    Found this cute little special chapter by the mangaka

https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust....st_id=66484339

Has a cute little moment between Melphonsina and Gettemhart. Their nervousness confirms for me that they were never a couple back then.

Oldprentice on a motorcycle at the end was hilarious.
    It's a doujin, but it's done by the same artist... Canon or non-canon?

The pictures at the beginning at least confirm that the doujin occurs in a time loop, since Melphonsina seems to retain her memory of what happened at the end of Quest 6.