Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast

Guess what, my fairly stable connection disconnected me twice today, but luckily I was playing Battle Arena instead of Mother

The decision to drop every EQ ever never seems so convincing
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

The banning system is only for major EQs, I hope you guys know that.

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zanverse View Post
    The banning system is only for major EQs, I hope you guys know that.
    So when the game is at it's laggiest even if you have a good connection?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post
    No penalties are doled out if the run hasn't started. This is specifically why they put it only on gated EMs with a limited run count.
    Still too many for comfort and considering how last Easter had a run limit and literally every single new eq has a gate, this could quickly encompass the majority of all eqs, especially new mobbing eqs and ditching runs cause someone didn't follow the precise rules for maximum boss farming in new seasonal eqs is pretty common among snobby jps.
    Actually I just wondered what would happen to those 2ch Magatsu runs where everyone used to leave if they notice there is someone in the mpa that doesn't use one of their handful approved builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    There are no quests in PSO2 that require lots of people to be good. 1 good person (you) and 11 "leechers" (i.e. people who aren't that great) is enough to clear any quest comfortably with S-Rank providing the good person (you) is actually a good player.

Maybe Necky, because I never played that, but all the raid bosses and TD1-4 are all easy enough that you can carry alone, so only bad players actually complain about "leechers", just for clarity.
    No, seriously.
    Not everyone can be as good as you bro. Most of us are just decent and even if we can carry some, we can't carry ALL the noobs by ourselves.In the first place, if you mpa with B1, there is no way in hell to get an S-rank in TD4 as only decent or better player in the mpa.

You backpedalled in the next post but I have been in a number of TD4 runs where people didn't manage to even kill a single Exoda by themselves.
    And it only takes a single one of those to fire it's laser for more than 1-2 seconds to say goodbye to S-rank. You forget that most noobs do not actually heal in TD. In many runs I was about the only one that used a heal and if you tell people to heal they either ignore you or ragequit.

You have to distinguish between the nonsense meaning of "leecher" you brought up that simply means someone not really good and the actual leechers that contribute virtually nothing most of the time and in TD actively get in the way by drawing bosses towards towers or away from people that can actually kill them and who get airships to fire at towers all the time cause they hide behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post
    No penalties are doled out if the run hasn't started. This is specifically why they put it only on gated EMs with a limited run count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    There are no quests in PSO2 that require lots of people to be good. 1 good person (you) and 11 "leechers" (i.e. people who aren't that great) is enough to clear any quest comfortably with S-Rank providing the good person (you) is actually a good player.

Maybe Necky, because I never played that, but all the raid bosses and TD1-4 are all easy enough that you can carry alone, so only bad players actually complain about "leechers", just for clarity.
    BTW I seriously wonder at how many people actively hate most EQ ditchers. Unlike some of them, the aforementioned jp snobs that ditch an mpa the instant you take one step outside max efficiency farming zones (seen that pretty often last xmas) most people that ditch eqs do so cause they get stuck with the real problem of this game: leechers sega now DEMANDS us to carry.
    I don't ditch an eq just cause it's too slow to get 5 runs of some seasonal eq or cause in wave 5 of TD we lose a tower, I and most others ditch when we see people leech. People running along the mob eq deathtrain without actually attacking themselves, people with 9* +0 weapons or 2* units or similar folks.

The problem isn't that sega wants us to carry people that play normally, just not as good as people that make a real effort. They aren't that great but you can still get nice results. What sega now forces us to do is to carry the hordes of super casuals that think picking up random gear that drops and never upgrading it is ok and who do not give a damn about the mechanics after left "click for normal attack and right click to use skill".

They were the cancer of the game already before and are the reason I stopped playing but when before it was just a matter of trying again with another mpa and hope this eq you might still get a couple decent runs even if unlikely, now it's either carry all of them ever time or get banned.
    And being in a team that frequently runs all sorts of eqs is far more easily said than done. I've been in teams running major eqs but even then I had to run all other eqs besides the newest TD, newest final boss eq and currently seasonal mobbing alone or with 2-3 other team mates at best.

SEGA already said it's a social concern. So if you worry about leecher in pub mpas then you should make a super elite private non-leeching team, not ditching it. There's just no other way when it comes to public stuff.

So what you are saying is Sega went from wanting us to play in public and meet new people to only playing private MPAs.

No SEGA wants us to stay with the leechers in pub and suck it up. That's basically it. Lol.

So basically Mr. Ryuhou is mad he can't ditch a group to go get carried.

I don't agree with the measures either but that's all your wall of text tells me if your issue with these measures is "boohoo I have to play with people worse than me now!"

So here's plan B for when you find yourself in a poorly-performing MPA:
    • Humbly finish the bad run.
    • After the run is done, either:
      • Wait a couple minutes before jumping into the next run in so you can slip into another MPA rotation with a separate group of people, or
      • Jump to another block and try to get into a run there.

Following these instructions will probably get you stuck in a 3/12 MPA that won't get started, but what else can you do?

(j/k, btw)
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Double post hype

Here are some advanced tips for TD4:

Are you in a run that is doomed to fail? Instead of leaving and risking punishment, try instead to help the run reach its natural conclusion.
    • Ignore serious threats to the run, like:
      • Vibrace bombs
      • Exoda
      • Infected columns
    • Never use an AIS.
    • Try to manipulate the kill rate for enemies, so that a suicide pack of Goldrahdas spawn at the end of a wave.
    • Bring with you into the run a set of poor equipment that you can change into if the run goes south. Bring a set of gryphon units and a +0 20% 13* weapon that is fresh from a collection file. Remove one or both of your rings. With this set equipped, you can pretend to help with the effort, and you will resemble the kind of player that Sega's rules are trying to support. You might want to bring a +8 12* Izane unit with no affixes, since it will increase your tankiness somewhat with a set that otherwise may get you killed. Make sure to change out your solo PD S-rank title as well to not ruin the effect.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Loveless62; Mar 13, 2017 at 07:56 PM.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9