Page 24 of 61 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast

-15 is pretty cruel, especially when paired with rank down. I would prefer they either lower that penalty, or make it so that you are at the very least locked into your ranking as you go up. If you lose, you lose, but it shouldn't have to feel like a chore having to redo your ranks if you suffer a major losing streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post
    -15 is pretty cruel, especially when paired with rank down. I would prefer they either lower that penalty, or make it so that you are at the very least locked into your ranking as you go up. If you lose, you lose, but it shouldn't have to feel like a chore having to redo your ranks if you suffer a major losing streak.
    This is why I am starting to hate BA. I want to reach LEGEND and get the titles done. Then I won't care anymore. I've farmed 25k worth of coins and haven't seen a single +1 overgrind. At least just let me have the title Sega.

I know that feeling very much. On the flip side, I've only come across 1 Overlimit +1, and this is over having earned approximately 80k coins on my way to Legend.

Camos though have been a bit more generous, having come across 5.

Quote Originally Posted by SmolNeko View Post
    I personally think if the combat had more depth to it than "sword is one shot, you farm for sword yes", the farm wouldn't be nearly as bad because people might opt for playing as a team, not just zerging in with staggered spawns.
    Sums up my experience so far, i already see the stupid imbalance that these random weapons have, you can dodge, shoot and aim all you want with rods and rifles, sword can facetank it and insta gib you and walk away with 1/4 hp left even with "ganjin ping", i killed 5 people in rainbow spot at forest doing exactly this.

All battles have been one sided and "fever" hasnt been useful for catching up.

Still on lowest tier, just played a few hours, dont have the patience to reach the legendary rank and start dealing with this ditcher problem so ill just get what i want (or ragequit midway, pvp gets on my nerves) and be done with it.
    =Ziel= Ship 02
    Ninel 90/90 Ra/Hu Gund...Cast!

Oh trust me Emblem Fever is one reason for me to hate.

Oh boy, cancerous habits are starting to set in the community I see.

As long as grind cap + 1s aren't exclusive to high ranks or something, I may still put up with this.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Lyrise is probably the only one here ever got it once (and did not miss it LOL).

Quote Originally Posted by Ziel View Post
    Sums up my experience so far, i already see the stupid imbalance that these random weapons have, you can dodge, shoot and aim all you want with rods and rifles, sword can facetank it and insta gib you and walk away with 1/4 hp left even with "ganjin ping", i killed 5 people in rainbow spot at forest doing exactly this.

All battles have been one sided and "fever" hasnt been useful for catching up.

Still on lowest tier, just played a few hours, dont have the patience to reach the legendary rank and start dealing with this ditcher problem so ill just get what i want (or ragequit midway, pvp gets on my nerves) and be done with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    Oh trust me Emblem Fever is one reason for me to hate.
    As good as sword is, it'll get stuffed by rifle with piercing shell. Even if you block the first shot, it'll still inflict injury status on you. That'll send your HP dropping to 100-150 max. Blocking the next 2 shots will pretty much kill you. since you're still taking 30% of the damage. Getting hit by it will completely stuff any attack you planned on making, and generates enough hitstun for them to pelt you with piercing shells till you die.

Battles may seem onesided at first, but that's because the victory meter above reflects the combined total of everyone's points - In the beginning it's pretty normal to see the gauge completely float to one side, since one side will most likely have wiped the other side's first line out along with stealing their points.

What people haven't realized is that kills steal 10% of the victim's points - so when you are marked, it's best to play with a bit of caution, though if it's your side that's behind, you should definitely be gunning for the heads of the enemies' top 3. Fights are especially onesided when one side understands this concept but the other side does not. If I only have 200 points to my name, I have no issues zerging in and trying to take out as many people as possible since I'd only lose 20 points, compared to someone who has 800, they'd lose 80 points - you dying to misdirect the attention of the enemy is 4x better for your team than letting the guy with 800 points get killed.

As for Emblem Fever, it can be a huge trap depending on how each side approaches it. The losing side might wipe a few of the winning side's players out due to the immediate concentration of firepower if everyone rushes over. If this happens, they're also free to secure the area where rainbow emblems normally appear, and this is when the losing side gets to make their massive comeback, in addition to stealing the winning sides' points (the losers stand to make more out of this than the winning side unless they can completely suppress the losing side without any deaths). So it's actually in the winning side's interest to secure the regular area first, and then maybe send a few people (not all) to deal with the fever if the results aren't hugely onesided when the fever started.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    Lyrise is probably the only one here ever got it once (and did not miss it LOL).
    I don't rapidfire the results screen since I like to review the results a little. Even moreso when I don't have such a good time with the current set of players I'm fighting with/against.
    Last edited by Lyrise; Mar 13, 2017 at 02:19 PM.

The best part of battle arena: your team is getting crushed from the start.
    You finally got a sword and turned the score a tiny bit at one minute mark.
    Then it's emblem fever for the other team.

That's PSO2, you play the game with luck, not skill.

Quote Originally Posted by sparab View Post
    The best part of battle arena: your team is getting crushed from the start.
    You finally got a sword and turned the score a tiny bit at one minute mark.
    Then it's emblem fever for the other team.

That's PSO2, you play the game with luck, not skill.
    I think you can still work with it to turn it in your favor. Emblem fever only lasts 20 seconds. If you so much as snag a few kills in there while maintaining the usual camp, it could be a pretty easy victory, seeing as there will be some people so focused on trying to collect emblems you could nuke them with foie or megid at an unsuspecting angle. In all 3 areas, the Fever spots are pretty wide open, with forest being open from the behind as well. Emblem fever is a comeback mechanic, but it's also one that can be used against the people who it is supposed to benefit as well, since it does come with the drawback of everyone being cramped into a smaller space with almost no cover where the stars are, but plenty of cover where the attackers would be going from.
    Last edited by Lyrise; Mar 13, 2017 at 03:46 PM.