Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 273435363738394047 ... LastLast

I honestly really don't see how Sega handled this poorly. Like, trust me I'm no fan of Kimura and a lot of decisions involving this game, but ditching battle arena matches in order to rank up easier is very, very clearly cheating. Not only that, you're fucking over each and every single one of your teammates. A 3 day ban and rank reset is more than fair, given the circumstances.

Also, I can tell you that if you were playing legit but had an unstable connection you probably have nothing to worry about. I play this game with a mobile connection and dc'd during matches like 5 times last week and wasn't hit at all, so this concern trolling for people with bad connections is really dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Saagonsa View Post
    I honestly really don't see how Sega handled this poorly. Like, trust me I'm no fan of Kimura and a lot of decisions involving this game, but ditching battle arena matches in order to rank up easier is very, very clearly cheating. Not only that, you're fucking over each and every single one of your teammates. A 3 day ban and rank reset is more than fair, given the circumstances.

Also, I can tell you that if you were playing legit but had an unstable connection you probably have nothing to worry about. I play this game with a mobile connection and dc'd during matches like 5 times last week and wasn't hit at all, so this concern trolling for people with bad connections is really dumb.
    It's the fact that SEGA is using the ban hammer as the first option that is making people upset. There are probably better ways to institute penalties without resorting to temp banning first.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

The level of entitlement displayed by certain people in this thread is quite amazing.

Apparently cheating is okay if "everyone else does it" or if you are a super-awesome player who totally sustains PSO2 with his super high spendings on AC.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    It's the fact that SEGA is using the ban hammer as the first option that is making people upset. There are probably better ways to institute penalties without resorting to temp banning first.
    I'd see temp banning as a very forgiving penalty already for those who abused the arena. They've already implemented the low priority queue system since day 1 of the arena, what should be next is temporary banning.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    The level of entitlement displayed by certain people in this thread is quite amazing.

Apparently cheating is okay if "everyone else does it" or if you are a super-awesome player who totally sustains PSO2 with his super high spendings on AC.
    It's hard to reason with people who think that cheating is okay. I look forward if they want to ditch PSO2 for reason on justifying their act was right. Lesser nuisance in arena.
    Last edited by SteveCZ; Mar 16, 2017 at 06:28 AM. Reason: fgrammor

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post

While I wholeheartedly agree on you on this point, the ban on top of it just sounds overkill. It's pretty much like killing flies with a rocket launcher. People just being fully stripped of ARP, then losing ARP each disconnect/quit sounds appropriate enough to deal with that kind of behaviour. topping it off with a ban sounds disproportionate compared to the offense.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Mar 16, 2017 at 06:26 AM.

Normally I would agree that the ban on top of ARP reset was overkill if it came out of nowhere. However, they gave a very clear warning it was going to happen if you did this. If you didn't heed that warning, you certainly deserve that level of punishment - be glad it was only a temp ban and not a permanent one.

I don't cheat but I can be fucking paranoid with them using ban as punishment, and this includes dc'ing as well. People 630 for many reasons. either their server suddenly decided to shat on someones net or accidental disconnect or etc. People rage because this ban hammer can hit everyone whether you play legit or not due to disconnectivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    There are better ways done in virtually every other MMO
    Rather than hurf durf i ban u, instigate a 15 minute accountwide penalty from joining EQs, scale that up to 30 minutes if they keep doing it and if they are somehow STILL enough of a dumbass to keep doing so, then you can sling out bans. Same thing can go for BA.
    While the ban for this is at least justifiable due to being told about it, the general system is still pants on head idiotic
    Honestly all this makes me even less interested in playing, I already hate how the game is just a lobby waiting simulator most of the time, throwing the threat that I could get banned as well due to connection errors is just like "Well, guess I'll keep playing FF14 instead then"

You wouldn't get banned due to just connection errors. It would happen if you had many connection errors happening in your matches (like 6+ within a day) at which point you really should be wondering why your connection is doing this, and not join in another match where you know you're going to get booted again.

A friend of mine got banned, but he only dc-ed 3 times in BA. First was when the server f-ed up and SAO moment happened (cant exit the match, cant log out, only way is Alt-F4), 2nd one is when SEGA decided to make emergency maintenance. 3rd one is during a match, and all of these 3 dc is not even continuous or in one day.

Then in normal ship, he dc-ed twice (again, not continuous) in Mother EQ and PD EQ respectively. So that makes it total of 5 times. So, is the ban justified on him? When the 2 times he dc-ed is SEGA's and their server's fault?

As for me, I've always played the normal way and go through it till the end, whatever the outcome (with the exception of MPA becoming 5/12 and below. Even 6/12 is still tolerable). But with this ban thing, what it did is just discouraging people, especially those invested alot in the game to play their new content. In other words, this is Sega's way of killing interest to their own new content, may it be Battle Arena, and upcoming Necky v2 and Deus ESCA EQ.
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur