Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 115158596061

Are you ready to get your Virtual-ON on? Cause it's time for...

Battle Arena x A Certain Magical Virtual-ON!

Special Weapon Rotation
    Sleipnir (Ride Slasher)
    Raiden Bazooka (End Attract)
    Jet Boots

New Battle Scratch Rewards
    Temjian Suit
    Raiden Suit
    Temjian Suit (To Aru Ver.)
    Raiden Suit (To Aru Ver.)
    *Sleipnir (Sword Camo, changes form when using PA "Ride Slasher")
    *Raiden Bazooka (Rifle Camo, changes form when using PA "End Attract")
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

IT RISES

Sword returns with a vengeance, which means everyone's favorite OHKO button Rising Edge is back to mess some dudes up. But now Rising Edge has a new friend in town: The Ride Slasher PA! Press and hold the PA button to fly around while consuming PP. Surfing ends when you run out of PP or you release the button. This PA does above-average damage, and will usually kill in about two hits if JA'd (three if non-JA against another Sword, one hit will kill if JA'd against Boots at Lv. 3). It has average travel speed, but instant execution; one strat is to hit your enemy with a normal to stun them, then Ride Slasher for the instakill. It's also fairly decent at chasing down your enemies as long as they aren't Sprinting or also trying to kill you. However, its strengths are also its weaknesses; it has poor TTK (time to kill) compared to other weapons due to how it interacts, and its average mobility means that if you attempt to cast and kill from too far away, you might end up eating a kill shot from your enemy. Thus, Ride Slasher is most reliably used in close quarters or when corner guarding, as enemies are typically too close to you to outrun you once you start surfing. Overall, Ride Slasher is a fairly balanced PA with solid kill/mobility properties and decent DPP, but suffers from high TTK and being really easy to mess up with if you don't pick your fights properly.

Assault Rifle also returns to the fray, but unlike its Sword cousin, it doesn't get any of its old PAs back; instead, it has the new End Attract PA! Press and hold the PA button to charge your End Attract; charging the PA will rapidly consume your PP. Firing occurs when you release the PA button or run out of PP. You can move while charging End Attract. Charging occurs in three stages: Lv. 1, which fires a small orb that has high speed, but small hitbox and does the least amount of damage, Lv. 2, which fires a moderate size orb that deals moderate damage on hit, and Lv. 3, which fires a huge orb with a very gratuitous hitbox that OHKOs any enemy it hits, including full health Sword users. While the charge time for the PA is the same as its main game counterpart, the addition of moving while charging adds a big helping of mobility and safety to its Battle Arena counterpart; with it, you can play EA as a smaller, but more lethal Foie. Full charging is key; the damage it does at charge level 1 does relatively negligible damage (even less than one hit of non-JA Ride Slasher) and will usually have no effect at offing targets unless they had already taken significant damage and are going to die in one hit anyways. What EA suffers from is extremely poor DPP; while storing the charge after a full charge is strategically useful, charge holding chews through your PP reserves like nobody's business, and if you overcharge and whiff your shot while an enemy is barreling towards you, you're essentially helpless. Like Ride Slasher, EA works effectively at mid range; move too far out of your enemy's immediate area, and most EA shots will likely whiff unless the target is standing stock still, which isn't likely given the current weapon rotation; stand too close, and your target is probably going to kill you anyway before you can even think about charging. As with Ride Slasher, the key is to pick your fights; don't attempt to challenge anyone too far or too close to you, or you'll probably either waste your time/PP or die a horrible death. Or both.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

And this is why they need to make more PA customizing again, so End Attract can get the Parallel Slider treatment
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFalcon View Post
    And this is why they need to make more PA customizing again, so End Attract can get the Parallel Slider treatment
    This.

I'd kill to have a Ride Slasher 0 in the form of the current BA one just to goof around with. Especially with how it handles, it feels so smooth.

Anyone know the music in the Battle Lobby ?
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee."
    - Godot, Ace Attorney 3

I wish they'd add a Dark Blast battle mode where its just dark blasts at max power going ham on one another oTL
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFanaticViper View Post
    Anyone know the music in the Battle Lobby ?
    i think it is a new ver. of MSBS from the latest game

Anyone else having the game freeze occasionally when joining a match from the lobby?

Edit: Won't let me into the arena if I have OBS Studio running. Only after I actually get into the arena can I then use OBS Studio safely.
    Last edited by Vatallus; Mar 4, 2018 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    I wish they'd add a Dark Blast battle mode where its just dark blasts at max power going ham on one another oTL
    I was thinking about the same thing...yesterday. SEGA should take some notes.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.