Default The quick questions quick answers thread is counterproductive

I'm a fairly new player to pso2. I played PSU in the past and it was a blast so I feel right at home playing pso2.

Anyway hear me out on this one. Due to the fact that this game doesn't have an official English, release researching things about this game is incredibly difficult. What's more is that this game is pretty complex due to the sheer amount of tidbits and many mechanics of the game are not translatable.

Things like the collection file or talking to the robot for the crafting orders. Or even crafting itself. Telling people to ask questions in a single thread makes searching for answers to questions that most likely have already been answered many times difficult.

I understand that you may not want your forums clogged up with the same questions over and over but I think it will help in the long run. There would be better ways to search for asked questions and the information you find wouldn't be 3 years old. It would even make this place more lively.

Anyway that's my 2 cents I know nothing will change but thanks for reading anyway.

Info for starters is usually available via either Cirnopedia (one year outdated, but a good chunk of info is still relevant) and Bumped, which has mini-guides covering major mechanics like Crafting and Gathering. There's also swiki as a resource; if you're willing to muddle through Google Translate, it's very useful most of the time for anything Cirno and Bumped don't cover.

From personal experience, I don't expect people to flip through Quick Questions just to see if their question's already been answered. It's only really a problem if the question's already been answered within the last handful of pages. There's no harm in asking the same questions repeatedly, albeit not frequently within the same time span. If that were the case, we might as well make an FAQ section.

... You know, we could just make an FAQ section. Wouldn't that solve the problem?
    Last edited by Altiea; Mar 4, 2017 at 02:40 AM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

well in a way you actually are correct. stuff gets buried fast in quick questions thread

Another thing centralizing everything into one thread does is kill the forum's activity that is already kind of dying. It would be understandable to have that thread if this place was a little more active, but it isn't. All it does is make this place appear even less active than it is, which turns away any potential new members.
    I've seen this on other forums.

Well, if you'e a new player I think the best option is to ask for a veteran player to play with. There are a few players that are willing to take newbies under their wing and teach them the ways of PSO2. They will most likely get you into a team where there will be even more players to help out. This is something I have done just recently and gave the new player my discord so they can ask questions whenever I ain't on.

But back on the topic, I agree with you. I rarely find what I need answered in the quick questions thread.