Thread: Nioh

Default Nioh

Has anybody taken interest in playing Nioh yet?
    I'm really enjoying this game, I think this was the first one I ever pre-ordered in my entire life.
    Team Ninja started development about 15 years ago, based on an unfinished Akira Kurosawa script about actual historical figures, but with supernatural elements.
    The loot system reminds me a lot of PSO, honestly. I find myself selling/offering weapons & armor at the end of missions and enjoying it, my boyfriend hates it when he plays.
    A couple things that bug me; the OST. It feels like there's only 6 songs in the entire game. The compositions are beautiful, except they're repetitive at points. Also, the inability to save progress in the middle of a mission. You have to use an item to get out of the mission to be able to save. Most of these missions take 25+ minutes to complete, at least for me, but I like to grind a bit.
    Overall, the game is sort of a mixture of Way of the Samurai, Tenchu, and Ninja Gaiden. Trying to keep the theme without referencing the Souls series, but IF YOU WANT TO, it's more similar to Bloodborne than Souls, mostly because of the yokai & the Englishmen.

Quote Originally Posted by witapepsi View Post
    Also, the inability to save progress in the middle of a mission. You have to use an item to get out of the mission to be able to save. Most of these missions take 25+ minutes to complete, at least for me, but I like to grind a bit.
    It auto-saves at shrines and when you die. If you really need to save in the middle of a mission just go to a shrine.

I find it odd that you mention Bloodborne and the Souls series and not realize that Nioh uses an autosave feature similar to those games.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Nioh comes to steam in november 7th, thank you Gaben xD
    “Even If you’ve only got a 1% chance of winning, but you convince yourself you’re gonna lose, that 1% becomes 0%.” – Lina Inverse

I only picked this up last week! Took a while but it's really getting fun now. The art and gameplay are unique and that's really what I look for in a game.