Post Is PSO2 in English legal?

Hey everyone, I was wondering if PSO2 English is legal or it is ok for english players to play. Please provide legit proof, I want to play it but, that is a concern.

Nah dude, the FBI is gonna bust down your door for daring to play a superior japanese mmo.

Gotcha, but I'm just wanting a direct answer.

PSO2 is only 5 years old so I guess it's not yet legal, no.
    Arada - PSO2: Ship 10 - Techer - Team master of Odyssey

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

the stuff in the Terms of Service is just legal jargon they put in place to:
    1.) not require to have their support staff trained in multiple languages
    2.) not be held responsible should anything with involved with the English Patches turn into actual exploits/cheats/hacks

The only proof I myself can supply is that I've been playing since closed beta with English patches and not encountered any sort of ban or litigation.
    Sakai was quoted back during the Beta as being impressed that an English patch had surfaced so quickly, however that is the last official word spoken about it; since they cannot officially or unofficially endorse it after they implemented the file encryption.

The truth is they do not care one bit unless you are disrupting other players through harassment or hacking. (or have too unstable of a connection during special quests but that's more of a recent thing that even the Japanese players are upset at sega about)

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    the stuff in the Terms of Service is just legal jargon they put in place to:
    1.) not require to have their support staff trained in multiple languages
    2.) not be held responsible should anything with involved with the English Patches turn into actual exploits/cheats/hacks

The only proof I myself can supply is that I've been playing since closed beta with English patches and not encountered any sort of ban or litigation.
    Sakai was quoted back during the Beta as being impressed that an English patch had surfaced so quickly, however that is the last official word spoken about it; since they cannot officially or unofficially endorse it after they implemented the file encryption.

The truth is they do not care one bit unless you are disrupting other players through harassment or hacking. (or have too unstable of a connection during special quests but that's more of a recent thing that even the Japanese players are upset at sega about)
    Thank you

Playing the game in English is not illegal. There are no legal consequences for doing so.

It is against ToS, which is not the same thing. Sega can technically ban you for doing this.

However, there is no way for them to detect that you're playing the game with an English patch installed, and they don't care either.

I feel like you aren't old enough to play PSO2.

This game is for grown-ups, you kids go play your puny smartphone games. Choo choo!
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Great Pan View Post
    This game is for grown-ups, you kids go play your puny smartphone games. Choo choo!
    but es keeps funneling my wallet
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama