Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

That's true, if you are going for a full 12* set anyway. But unless you somehow have full Izane, I don't see how that is preferable.

My point is, you could get some slight or situational use out of the ability to equip even more L-Rings. But is it worth more than 40 HP, 10 atk and a whopping 12 PP? I think not.

The stats above is how much you lose by equipping full Union vs Union leg + Austere Rear/Arm.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    Non-Weak Bonus: good ring but situational, equip when you are using a launcher and not all the time.

P Weak Bullet: crutch. Good players don't need it.

Air Reversal: decently useful - for melee. If you get thrown into the air so many times that you get decent mileage out of this as a RA, something is wrong.

Jumping Dodge: admittedly I was never interested in this one, but it looked too long and awkward to use. Could be useful for RA, I don't know.
    "Non-Weak Bonus: good ring but situational..." --> Most of the game is mobbing.

P Weak Bullet: Have you ever tried to wb a target when shits are flying everywhere? Even good players miss occasionally. This ring guarantees consistent wb provided locked-on. Therefore it saves time, and wb.

Air Reversal: what you said can be applied to melee also; regardless of whether you're melee or ranged or anything, if you get thrown around into the air so many times, you suck, period. Still a useful ring, regardless.

Jumping Dodge: i-frames; cheese enemies and some bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    That's true, if you are going for a full 12* set anyway. But unless you somehow have full Izane, I don't see how that is preferable.

My point is, you could get some slight or situational use out of the ability to equip even more L-Rings. But is it worth more than 40 HP, 10 atk and a whopping 12 PP? I think not.

The stats above is how much you lose by equipping full Union vs Union leg + Austere Rear/Arm.
    This is why there isn't really a defined answer for this kind of question, as it depends very heavily on what you play. Do you play all sorts of classes on one character? Do you play a class that relies heavily on multiple rings? Do you play a class that only has two good rings? It really comes down to the direction you want to take with your character. Unless you want to build both, which is fine, but also time consuming.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Yeah, you know what? That's fine. There are different playstyles and some work better with more rings equipped at the same time than others. There's even a face tanking playstyle (though that's not my thing at all), so it's always important to consider options and what works best for you.

Which is why when people say I don't know what I'm talking about and that I should be ignored, I get cross. Especially if the same people said that most rings are useless before introduction of 12*s, but now that 12*s are here, the same rings are suddenly must-have.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelion X.XX View Post
    "Non-Weak Bonus: good ring but situational..." --> Most of the game is mobbing.
    Which is why you may want to equip the mobbing ring for mobbing, and something else (weak bullet, maybe jumping dodge) for bosses.

As a Fi, I use all three fighter-specific rings but that doesn't mean I want them equipped at the same time. Depending on what enemy I face, I switch the equipped ring to get the most benefit out of it. Because whenever one ring is very useful, the other two are usually pretty useless, and from my experience it's similar for most content in the game.

^Have you ever considered that some people simply don't want to switch out rings, or prefer utility over stats?

People are not YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelion X.XX View Post
    ^Have you ever considered that some people simply don't want to switch out rings, or prefer utility over stats?

People are not YOU.
    That was exactly his point, dude.

You can just use shortcut words and make it so that switching to your launcher equips Non-weak bonus and switching to your rifle equips P-weak bullet or jumping dodge at the press of one button.

Quote Originally Posted by Saagonsa View Post
    That was exactly his point, dude.
    I don't know exactly what you're trying to prove, but I'm replying to an earlier statement made in a previous post which states:

"Which is why you may want to equip the mobbing ring for mobbing, and something else (weak bullet, maybe jumping dodge) for bosses.

As a Fi, I use all three fighter-specific rings but that doesn't mean I want them equipped at the same time. Depending on what enemy I face, I switch the equipped ring to get the most benefit out of it. Because whenever one ring is very useful, the other two are usually pretty useless, and from my experience it's similar for most content in the game.."

There are rings like the Step JA Combo one that some people may find useful, that is, utility, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    You can just use shortcut words and make it so that switching to your launcher equips Non-weak bonus and switching to your rifle equips P-weak bullet or jumping dodge at the press of one button.
    How about the other rings like, Jumping Dodge, and Air Reversal? Are you telling me you can switch all of these rings in conjunction with Non-Weak Bonus and P-Weak Bullet on the fly? I don't think so, even with shortcut words..
    Last edited by Evangelion X.XX; Mar 16, 2017 at 06:52 AM.

Did you just say P-Weak Bullet is a crutch?

It's hardly anything but, it lets you do many more strategies that are impossible without it, because it lets you WB targets while being able to position yourself in favourable positions.

Spoiler!

For FiHu, Step JA Combo, Step Jump and Air Reversal are must-have rings as they let you do much many more things impossible without them, an example being able to Partisan Double correctly (better than all the FI weapons). Air Reversal is so that you don't lose your Dagger Gear if you get hit, as hitting the floor is a massive decrease to your DPS, and Step JA Combo is a no-brainer.

I question usefulness of step rings unless you make heavy use of offclass weapons. Frankly as a Fi I barely use the step action at all. Especially with twin daggers.

Air reversal is decent enough, it saves a bit of time if you get hit. Nothing extraordinary but I found it more useful than any other ring to put in that slot, so might as well use it.