Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Introducing the RAISER SYSTEM (New patch method + important info)

After 2 years+ of work, we've finally gotten a system where we can replace the text files sega loads *without* replacing the ICE files. What this means is that we don't have to patch the game to make it into english - we just drop the translation files into a /patch/ folder in your pso2_bin and it's done. This system is called the "RAISER System"!

Additionally, this brings us some amazing new benefits and solutions:

- The entire english patch, including the large files and story patch, should be under 5MB to download and take ~8 seconds (or less) to install.
    - This tool also allows us to watch a scene and have it tell us exactly where that text file is. We can translate stuff instantly!
    - Not patching the game's files means no more blackscreen issues, no more restoring patches or having backups, no more downloading 4000 files because you didn't back up the story patch, etc
    - This method is extremely efficient and easy to update/install
    - I get to use another Gundam reference in the Tweaker
    - Even if SEGA moves files around, things won't break! (Like the story patch, which is being updated as we speak. We've got about 20% left of EPISODE 3 to finish translating, EPISODES 1 and 2 are fully fixed/translated in this new patch along with the beginning tutorials)
    - This makes the patching process extremely easy - Click the button to install it once and you're done. The patch will autoupdate itself (extremely fast) when new versions are released.

All around, it's extremely robust, simple, and easy. (Maybe even fun!)

Here's a small GIF showing how to use it: http://i.imgur.com/AwvlU96.gifv

With this new system, there will be a few changes that I can announce, and a few that are still in the works.

One such announcement is an Open-source English patch! Ever wanted to help translate or fix an issue you saw in-game? You can just go to the repo where the english patch is located, easily find the thing you want to fix, and fix it yourself! \ o /
    (This is still being setup, please look forward to it!)

Question and Answer time:

Q: Can we use this to replace other files? Music, graphics, etc

A: Unfortunately, no. Replacing files other than text has too many variables and has a good chance of making your game highly unstable (and 99% of the time didn't even work in our testing).

Q: Can we use this to translate items/titles?

A: No, those are "memory" patches because the items and titles aren't saved in any files.

Q: Why do you keep using Gundam references in the Tweaker?

A: http://i.imgur.com/mXn3gNW.png

Q: This new system doesn't support modding! You suck! Tweaker sucks! Gundam sucks!

A: SEGA recently (a few months ago) implemented a "checksum CRC file" that holds a list of all the files and their MD5s (or CRCs? I don't recall.). This prevented the English patch from working for a bit until the checksum file was "zero-d out", allowing the english patch files to work again. The point of bypassing the checksum was not to enable modding, it was to enable the english patch. We don't officially support modding anything other than text (and images where necessary for translation purposes), but we won't go specifically out of our way to stop people either (like we could have done with the checksum file, only blanked out the english patch files instead of all of them). It's not really our business what you do with your game, I have no interest in being the mod police.

In any case, there's no way we could have included that file with the new system, so you'll need to get it from another source (or from the psumods english patch) and just drop it in your win32 folder.

Enjoy!

Whoa, fantastic job!
    Well done!
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Sounds like great news to me. Quick question: would I be able to use Hardlight's Arks Mod Tool with this?

Quote Originally Posted by doomdragon83 View Post
    Sounds like great news to me. Quick question: would I be able to use Hardlight's Arks Mod Tool with this?
    Hardlight's tool *should* work with the Tweaker - I've heard mixed results from people. I'll drop him a line and see if we can work something out to make it 100% compatible.

Amazing. Thank you for all you and your team do!

great news about that story patch, might finally play ep1-3
    P S O W
    (_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Props to the team for this, a question if you don't mind: there are still compatibility issues with reshade?
    Ship 03
    ID: Xical - Team: Epsilon
    Ra lvl 90, Gu lvl 90, Fo lvl 90, Te lvl 90, Hu lvl 90, Fi lvl 90, Br lvl 89, Bo lvl 90, Su lvl 90, Hr lvl 90, Ph lvl 90.
    Pround RAmars since 2001

Curious when you say Episodes 1 & 2 are fully translated do you mean EVERYTHING or just story missions and not cutscenes that are not part of the story mission?

Quote Originally Posted by bhaal View Post
    Props to the team for this, a question if you don't mind: there are still compatibility issues with reshade?
    I haven't used it personally, but I imagine if it had issues before, it might still. Is it just a matter of injecting a DLL for reshade or something more?

Quote Originally Posted by IchijinKali View Post
    Curious when you say Episodes 1 & 2 are fully translated do you mean EVERYTHING or just story missions and not cutscenes that are not part of the story mission?
    Everything available in the event chronicle.