Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Getting a 13* weapon to +35?

What's the easiest way of doing this?

I don't have many 13* weapons (I have a few though) so what's the best way to get one to +35 to unlock the new lvl cap?

Make sure you have the Weapon's Grind Cap at 35 (you do this by feeding it identical copies), then feed it +20 10* weapons (makes these by saving 10* weapons up from EQs). It should take less than 20 Lambdas and only a couple of million meseta.
    Last edited by Anduril; Mar 24, 2017 at 12:11 PM.

Are you asking for instructions for how to grind a 13* that already has a maximum grind of 35, or are you asking for a strategy to push the maximum grind of a weapon to 35? I suspect you are asking for the latter.

The most extreme way of doing so is to buy the maximum grind extenders (強化値上限+1) that are awarded from Battle Arena. They are stupidly expensive, though.

Another way is to buy a 2017 badge weapon. Getting one of these to 35 maximum grind will cost 1200 badges.

The way I would probably pursue, though, would be to work on a Aura CF. In particular, both the Aura Knuckle and the Aura Rod call for level 70 Goronzorans, and you can find these either through the FQ Chaotic Roar of the Dragon (混沌喚び出す龍の咆哮) (I think Goronzoran is a guaranteed spawn at the end) or on Floor 57 of the Sylvan Wyverns XQ (especially when that particular FQ is not available).
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Farming 1200 badges I don't think this is an option.

Quote Originally Posted by rsod View Post

why not? xie weapons are here for the year and you get 6 badges from doing XH. you can grind out 200-400+ badges a week if you're being fairly casual about it.

10 runs a day for 60 badges a day means 420 badges a week. so it'd take about 3-4 weeks for a single +35.

ofc this is slow but if you really want to knock it out, you can prob earn 200 in a single day by doing like 35 runs.

Revolutio and Aura weapons are very easy to farm now.
    Will take some time, sure, but not nearly as long as getting a Ray / Astra / Orbit weapon to +35. Especially, you must get to +35 or it's all pointless. I have a lot of weapons I can get to +34 but that won't help.

Quote Originally Posted by rsod View Post
    It depends. The OP may already have some badges collected from the LQs and holiday EQs from earlier in the year. It is possible he doesn't have that much further to go.

The best solution will depend on what materials and 13*s the OP already has, even if he said doesn't have that many 13*. If he has a Ray, Astral, or even an Orbit with a high enough max grind value, then pursuing one of the corresponding CFs may be a better option (time is running low on Ray and Astra though).

Another option I didn't mention is to build a 2016 badge weapon instead of a 2017 badge weapon. It carries pretty much the same price (1200 2016 badges), but it may be an easy solution if the OP somehow happens to have that many 2016 badges sitting around, or has a 2016 badge weapon partly finished and enough badges to take it the rest of the way.

I don't know of any solution that isn't a pain in the ass in some way.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

only conditionally useful, but worthy of mention nonetheless i think:
    the shop area npc client orders are absolutely fantastic for this — if the weapon currently offered is relevant to your class. if you have your three free characters created and leveled to appropriate difficulty, you can go defeat the 300 or so monsters and get the 13* NT weapon — on *each* character (i.e., the item reward is conveniently not account based.) if you happen to have six characters, it is possible to get a +35 weapon in one day with minimal effort (the arks survey quests are great for this, for example). i did this with millioblight on the last day of bingo (last minute, i know...) with intent to unlock bouncer upon server resumption. so, keep an eye open for those weapon client orders, too!

as an aside, freshly tekked +4 and especially +5 10* weapons work great for grinding noxes if you are low on embrace and/or don't mind missing out on a few excubes/spheres.

Quote Originally Posted by emanresuj View Post
    only conditionally useful, but worthy of mention nonetheless i think:
    the shop area npc client orders are absolutely fantastic for this — if the weapon currently offered is relevant to your class. if you have your three free characters created and leveled to appropriate difficulty, you can go defeat the 300 or so monsters and get the 13* NT weapon — on *each* character (i.e., the item reward is conveniently not account based.) if you happen to have six characters, it is possible to get a +35 weapon in one day with minimal effort (the arks survey quests are great for this, for example). i did this with millioblight on the last day of bingo (last minute, i know...) with intent to unlock bouncer upon server resumption. so, keep an eye open for those weapon client orders, too!
    The 13* NPC COs were probably the lowest effort way to get a 35 max grind 13*, especially if you have 3+ characters to run them. It is rather inconvenient that the most recent NPCs with 13* COs (Coa and Musashi) disappeared just as the new level cap and expert block rules were put into place. April 12 is the next time that 13* COs will be available (Laia and Lumia).

as an aside, freshly tekked +4 and especially +5 10* weapons work great for grinding noxes if you are low on embrace and/or don't mind missing out on a few excubes/spheres.
    I was never a fan of using 10* weapons as grind fodder because of the opportunity cost in ex-cubes. I prefer using 7-9* NT weapons, since you only lose 10 grind exp versus an 10* NT at the same grind level.

it is more than 10 pts of exp i think, something like ~40 when i checked earlier. and that 40 exp per weapon really adds up (per grind attempt), especially per weapon, super especially if a great grind success occurs. regardless, it's good to know there are multiple paths to a happy nox!