Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Burned with PSO2

I hope I'm not the one who feels this way but...after spending years playing this game I feel like I'm burned out. Some of my friends even stopped playing the game. I feel like the contents are so bloated and rushed that I feel like I can't and don't have the will to get the content I want, not to mention a lot of things are time limited stuff that I can't do within my own pace plus half of the stuff are locked behind scheduled EQ causing miss to progress CF.

The non EQ CF stuff always for some reason progress so slowly I can't be bothered to do the same tedious quest over and over again. Well I dunno, I'm not even excited with the next EQ boss. Maybe I'm just lazy just to get things done in this game.Maybe EP5 will bring back what felt missing? Well I don't really know myself.

What's your guys opinion on feeling burned out with this game?

But casuals, who will hold their toddler hands if they start catering to actual players? D:

Quote Originally Posted by Kintama View Post
    But casuals, who will hold their toddler hands if they start catering to actual players? D:
    Okay, let's make sure I have the terminology right.

Player who constantly tries to improve their gear, gets new CFs, upgrades NTs to +35 to unlock level 80 on all classes = casual
    Player who got Austere once and now whines the game doesn't let them on expert blocks (even though 1. there was plenty of time and 2. austere weps haven't been top endgear for a long time) = hardcore

Sounds about right?

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    Okay, let's make sure I have the terminology right.

Player who constantly tries to improve their gear, gets new CFs, upgrades NTs to +35 to unlock level 80 on all classes = casual
    Player who got Austere once and now whines the game doesn't let them on expert blocks (even though 1. there was plenty of time and 2. austere weps haven't been top endgear for a long time) = hardcore

Sounds about right?
    Uh, no, i was refering to the players with a red weapon for who sega balances the game by the very bottom so that they never die, get frustrated and dc.

Thing is, for equipment there is currently no actual incentive to go for endgame gear because the game doesn't reward power accumulation, if you go with endgame stuff, you're rewarded with the same old shit, except it ends a bit faster so you're stuck in the lobby longer.

Yeah, I'm sure all those players with red weapons and unaffixed units cleared solo PD and are regularly S- or A-ranking Necky TD.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintama View Post
    Uh, no, i was refering to the players with a red weapon for who sega balances the game by the very bottom so that they never die, get frustrated and dc.

Thing is, for equipment there is currently no actual incentive to go for endgame gear because the game doesn't reward power accumulation, if you go with endgame stuff, you're rewarded with the same old shit, except it ends a bit faster so you're stuck in the lobby longer.
    My solution would be to make the guess less about collecting and more about playing. Gear should be easy to get. Complete CF once and you get 60 element +35 weapon. Then give us more content to use those weapons on. Challenging content I would hope, but don't lock gear behind this content so people aren't frustrated by failure.

With the way PSO2 is set up now, I don't see this happening though.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure all those players with red weapons and unaffixed units cleared solo PD and are regularly S- or A-ranking Necky TD.
    That's content they're not into, the content you're refering to is the bone sega throws "hardcore" players every six months to keep them around (solo PD, DF TA, XQ..)

Sometimes you need to take a hiatus to get the feeling rolling again. I do that once in a while.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Sometimes you need to take a hiatus to get the feeling rolling again. I do that once in a while.
    This. Simple.

Real meta is salon anyway c: