Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

still waiting for a new mmo same like this

Nothing wrong with taking a break from an MMO after feeling burnt by it. In fact, I'd say its more mentally healthy to start taking a break from PSO2 after reaching that burn point.

Yeah, after somewhat sticking with this game for it's lifespan. I can somewhat agree, I have a serious case of burn out. I feel extremely lost, and trying to follow the content flow doesn't really make the game any clearer to me.

The new CF is a nice aspect, but the whole expiring thing isn't friendly for people who have busy lifestyles (Or just can't work with the EQ schedule, SEGA sticks to for most of them), and it's a real bummer that you have to make sure to gather multiple of the same weapon, by either hunting relentlessly, or using SG. The whole grind cap item is so scarce, and expensive. Depending on how often you play, buying that isn't really viable.

If you aren't currently caught up with endgame, trying to pick yourself up just isn't rewarding in the slightest, it's tedious, but that's really all this game is is a massive timesink (all MMO's are) but it's one that doesn't give the proper reward for that amount of time it can request from you.

If you wanna get into this game, trying taking a break, maybe a few months after EP5? If not, it's prolly time to move on.

It's hard to drop this game when so many other games after 2013 are boring tripe as well

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    I hope I'm not the one who feels this way but...after spending years playing this game I feel like I'm burned out. Some of my friends even stopped playing the game. I feel like the contents are so bloated and rushed that I feel like I can't and don't have the will to get the content I want, not to mention a lot of things are time limited stuff that I can't do within my own pace plus half of the stuff are locked behind scheduled EQ causing miss to progress CF.

The non EQ CF stuff always for some reason progress so slowly I can't be bothered to do the same tedious quest over and over again. Well I dunno, I'm not even excited with the next EQ boss. Maybe I'm just lazy just to get things done in this game.Maybe EP5 will bring back what felt missing? Well I don't really know myself.

What's your guys opinion on feeling burned out with this game?
    The game has huge wasted potential and Sega is determined to ruin it with every new update. Time to accept that and move on.
    I was on hiatus for 7-8 months cause I was hella burned out and when I was just trying out Sakura Endo Type 0 I actually had fun again, though I thought I'd need a longer break.
    For about a month I'm enjoying the game again and play every day.

So, take a long break and do some other stuff. When you get back the game won't be much better, but you can probably ignore the flaws again for a while and have fun again.

My main issue with the game is that most of the ways to progress are locked behind something. I can't exactly log in when I want to and work towards the things I need. You are forced to play on the times Sega wants you to. To top it all off, a lot of things lately are seasonal with weapons that you aren't really able to get when the related EQ is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    Okay, let's make sure I have the terminology right.

Player who constantly tries to improve their gear, gets new CFs, upgrades NTs to +35 to unlock level 80 on all classes = casual
    Player who got Austere once and now whines the game doesn't let them on expert blocks (even though 1. there was plenty of time and 2. austere weps haven't been top endgear for a long time) = hardcore

Sounds about right?
    Austere may not be the very best anymore, but they're still pretty high tier weapons.
    The requirement for the lvl 80 cap and for accessing expert blocks is just stupid, especially when weaker 13* weapons such as the 2016 and 2017 badge shop weapons are okay and Austere are not.

A requirement that would have made more sense, to either have a +10, latent 3, 60 element old style 13* weapon or a +30 or higher, 60 element NT 13* weapon (and in the case of summoner, a 60 element pet with a fully complete candy box, instead of lvl 120 pet, with the current requirement there's nothing stopping a summoner with a lvl 120 pet, 10 element and empty candy box going to expert blocks).
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

I have taken a few breaks from this game. Something this game does, is putting out content without reviewing old content, least not very good.
    Hopefully we can all be rational and I can keep this brief upon saying this.

The Balance in this game, for starters, is completely ridiculous. You have Guren Bravers bouncing around in top tier, with a few other builds. Ive tried to make a hunter on equal terms, using hunter weapons, but it is impossible. The mobility, the Invincibility, and the damage all combined. This is just Katana Bravers as well, there are plenty of other balancing issues. As stated many times in this topic, the expert block requirements are ridiculous. I'm fine for having them, but denying people that have had the gear, and have been waiting, only to be told 'nah fam new type only' is ... there are no words. Nice Austere, but even if it's considered one of the best weapons, you'll have to get a new type weapon . I went and farmed the white day 13* just to get the level cap unlock, so this isnt a personal problem its a view of someone who HAS met the criteria.

Off of that, onto another. Ultimate Quests are basically worthless to run, most quests are. In most games, the reward wouldn't be as obnoxious to obtain, or would be more worth while to farm. Instead this game's balance is completely out of sync. What's that, this new weapon for this brand new content is amazing? well goodbye literally any other quest in the game.

I wont completely crap on this game, there's a reason I still play and enjoy it. The combat feels nice for an MMO, the customization is UNRIVALED. At the end of the day I feel like it's more of the players being disappointed because this game could EASILY be the best MMO there is, all the steps are there, but they're all spiraling in different directions.
    Ship 02
    Grace Hu/Fi 80/80, He 80
    Jazz Br/Hu 80/77
    Skorne Fo/Te 75/75, Ra/Gu 75/75
    Rex Diablos Fi/Hu 75/75

Quote Originally Posted by Skornedemon View Post

I wont completely crap on this game, there's a reason I still play and enjoy it. The combat feels nice for an MMO, the customization is UNRIVALED. At the end of the day I feel like it's more of the players being disappointed because this game could EASILY be the best MMO there is, all the steps are there, but they're all spiraling in different directions.
    Yeah, definitely, add to the list of flaws that the game doesn't let itself escape from the shitty mobile model of super small maps with very limited content, hell, they even nerfed featured quests further, now they feel pre-masticated.

I was going to take a break but Lv 80 has me entertained for a while.

{Theme: Infinite Legends}
    RadiantAim: When did you get here?
    LegendAim: Wow he actually leveled him
    LordAim: Hai gaiz