Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Play a better game, seems pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Sometimes you need to take a hiatus to get the feeling rolling again. I do that once in a while.
    Can confirm that hiatus helps.. After 2 years hiatus from FFXIV I still don't feel the need to play it even for free. And after 1 year hiatus from PSO2 i'm only logging in to get the free stuff(SG, ticket, etc.) cuz after max 30min I want to log out asap.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticAura View Post
    My solution would be to make the guess less about collecting and more about playing. Gear should be easy to get. Complete CF once and you get 60 element +35 weapon. Then give us more content to use those weapons on. Challenging content I would hope, but don't lock gear behind this content so people aren't frustrated by failure.
    This, absolutely. Element and grind cap ensure that actually getting something does not feel rewarding in itself, because you know you aren't close to getting done. If that thing is drop-only, it's pretty much useless; you practically hold it in your hands and know it won't help you in any way - it's a massive tease. Even if the thing comes from collection file, having to repeat the same series of objectives 3-6 times is a drag, it feels like job and not a game. Constantly having to solve new tasks is what makes games fun compared to your average work. It doesn't help that multiparty content devalues your own contribution to the progress, and so does time-gating.

As for true endgame content, I'd say the best way is to make it give everything more and faster, but nothing new. Slightly more Excubes/Lambdas/whatever, faster progress on collection files, some extra stones/materials etc.
    Finally, the game severely lacks in ways to get meseta that would be fun for fully-geared characters.
    Dailies and weeklies? Boring low-level content that's impossible to fail, with low reward that's really tiring after so many years.
    Affix farming? Boring low-level content that's completely at mercy of RNG that gets sickening after 2 hours.
    Market games? Not RNG, but heavily luck-based nonetheless. And also has nothing to do with core gameplay.
    AC scratch? Just ugh. During the last 1.5 years or so SEGA ensured to do everything to make AC item prices bloated as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ralf542 View Post
    Can confirm that hiatus helps.. After 2 years hiatus from FFXIV I still don't feel the need to play it even for free. And after 1 year hiatus from PSO2 i'm only logging in to get the free stuff(SG, ticket, etc.) cuz after max 30min I want to log out asap.
    I meant a hiatus where you actually come back to the game later...

My recommendation would probably be to just stop playing until EP5 drops.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

I constantly get burned out of this game becuase it literally has 0 content and a constant drought going on for years now.
    That said I also come back because in the end it still has the best gameplay out of any recent MMO I've played. I like to do the TDs just for fun and don't even care about drops anymore. I haven't finished a CF in months
    Too bad the gameplay is wasted on all the recent awful content outside TDs. Last quest that was really fun outside them was Magatsu on release (not so much anymore but it was good when people didn't know what to do).

Quote Originally Posted by echofaith View Post
    Real meta is salon anyway c:
    So this. If you ain't about the fashion might as well stop playing. lol

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subject Delta View Post
    Play a better game, seems pretty simple.
    Why not name him better games where you do the same shit?

Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    So this. If you ain't about the fashion might as well stop playing. lol
    i aint about fashion and i've been playing this game for years with no signs of burn out in sight. :thinking:

the most i've spent on an accessory is 2.5mil.

my aesthetic purchases across both female and male characters have never gone above like 4mil in a single purchase? maybe less.

tho the reasons i play this game are very different than most.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    i aint about fashion and i've been playing this game for years with no signs of burn out in sight. :thinking:

the most i've spent on an accessory is 2.5mil.

my aesthetic purchases across both female and male characters have never gone above like 4mil in a single purchase? maybe less.

tho the reasons i play this game are very different than most.
    Technically with rereleases and recolors you could easily get away with new outfits every week and not spend more then a mil. So, most of what you say is pointless. Also, it was mostly a joke.

I started to fall asleep during TAs somewhere back in Episode 2 or even first one? Back when you could run all of them daily. It was then that I realized something and never played Pso2 when I didn't feel like it since then.

I play about hour or two a day. Sometimes skip day or two to play other games / do other hobbies.
    Never partaking in emergencies if that requires logging in outside of usual time, even if I know they're happening.
    Right now the activity roster is fairly rich for me, I could do featured quests, sometimes run a few AQ for Collection files if needed, then fiddle with equipment, este booth and crafting, that's enough to cover those few hours.

It will sound incredibly plain, but you could only play when you actually want to, not when the arms race compels you to. Progress is marginal, your experience is what matters the most.
    Last edited by Golgotha; Mar 29, 2017 at 08:30 PM.