Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpen Thingy View Post
    yeah its so hard to get +35 13 stars when collection files and NPCs just give that shit out like candy
    What? collection files? do you mean that thing you have to farm enemies in a grindy way? and what Npcs are you talking about? the ones that appears only in events and gives you only one? because that isn't for sure "give that shit out like candy" in fact when I returned yesterday, I checked the lv cap it is out for a month and a lot of players are still in lv75 so I doubt this is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpen Thingy View Post
    yeah its so hard to get +35 13 stars when collection files and NPCs just give that shit out like candy
    Since CF gives them out like candy, i have to ask are willing to get me 6 Katana and 6 Dual Blade from current CF when I give you my login info?

While i wait for your answer i'm going to do the NPC client orders that give out Katanas, Bows, Dual Blades and Jet Boots like candy.

I don't think people mind a grind, the issue is that every grind is literally a chore that's just simply not fun in PSO2. Collection Files are, in fact, the greatest example of this and should never have been implemented in the first place.

To get a 13* now, you play a certain quest 5 times, then kill some enemies about 20 times, then jump to another quest and kill 50 of another, then get your last time finishing off with 3 of a certain boss. To me, that sounds like a typical MMO grind, and not really "playing" PSO2 and all it has to offer.

The problem is, the entire game is guided like this. There is no just zipping down to areas anymore in hopes of some dank rares to obtain that you can use or trade to other people. Everything comes from orders, collect files, scheduled emergency quests -- once you're at the level cap, there is nothing to do of your own volition if you want to feel like you're making progress on your characters.

In comparison to the original PSO, this wasn't the case. There was no such thing as client orders at all, no system to give out rares by jumping across different quests and killing a few enemies in each. Every area (and most IDs) had some nice drops to get as you played, and everything was a free market meaning you could just play what you found fun to be able to make progress on your char, as there were no real EXP grinds either (while there were the boss rushes, they weren't that far ahead of just playing and you never got any gear doing that). The free market and everything being tradeable meant everything was worthwhile to every player, as if you didn't need it, you gave it to someone who did and earned currency or an item you actually wanted.

I haven't played PSO2 in a while because it pretty much dictates what you have to do to make progress, and I don't like that at all. In fact, I've gone back to the original PSOBB, because it's a game designed to be played anytime, anywhere and at your own leisure, rather than constantly having to play catch up and currency farm, in which case you need to wait for the right time to play anyway (either an EQ or waiting for things to reset).

Sakai has complained that the playerbase in PSO2 has been declining because of players being "elitist" and new players aren't staying, but I think that's a cop out. The reason people aren't staying is because everything in PSO2 is a chore now. There are no real events that really showcase the game, and players aren't free to simply progress when they choose and how they choose, because if you don't follow Sakai's guide to playing, you don't get anywhere and simply feel unsatisfied.

I suppose they should make regular Quests worth grinding; outside of UQ Amduscia, there isn't anything readily available that's worth doing because you don't really get anything good from it. The only reason to play normal Quests nowadays is to either grind out CF or do Featured.

Personally, I try avoid burning out by just hopping in for EQs and TACOs, and getting on my lower level characters once in a while. You still get to enjoy the game without having it feel super grindy all the time, and you get to do other things in the internim.

And if that fails, I just take a break and hop onto Nova. I'm a huge Phantasy Star Nova fan.

Although I should probably look for my copy of Zero, that was a great game.
    Last edited by Altiea; Apr 18, 2017 at 09:57 AM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    snip
    Agree so hard it hurts. However, I think the very foundation of this game is flawed and it would require a complete rework for it to appeal to the masses outside of just fashion and action based gameplay. Below are a lot of the issues I have with this game.

-Rares dropping like candy
    -No real incentive to play as a team or stick together
    -So many moves are worthless in the grand scheme of things
    -The focus on EQ's makes casuals never want to play until certain times

-EQ's such as the Dark Falz ones just turn the game into a spamfest of lul kill Dark Arms in 1 minute or less, or whichever other boss in 5 mins or less and there's so many people on your team that you really don't have to contribute much. I also feel it cheapens the experience of big boss battles.

-The levels can be skipped by just running past everything which hurts several aspects of the game such as boss importance, drops, and the feeling of beating a level.

-All of the things that tend to be added to the game to give it more depth just end up feeling like a nuisance and not that rewarding. If you're gonna have a crafting system, it needs to be at launch and far better designed so that it becomes a way to profit.

-All. Of. The. Inventory. Spam. Just playing the game is constantly rewarding with things that don't really feel like rewards cause you are spammed with them throughout runs like Mining Base. They would need to tone down all the etc items they give us so that they feel more valuable and might actually be worth something.

-No real incentive for casual players to not be using their 10* 11* 12* since there aren't gear requirements in this game to complete missions. Not only that, but they are more than serviceable.

PSO2 has fun combat at a basic level, but as time goes on you start to realize how shallow the game really is. Moves you wish you could use but can't cause...why would you when they suck so much? No real sense of team work designed into the games core, things made far too easy, no content that actually feels hardcore and truly rewarding if you win. In all honesty, I'm someone who values gameplay over fashion, but even I ended up playing the game namely for fashion as time went on. Not because It's my most favorite thing, but because the game is so damn boring and that the most 'depthful' part of the game is the fashion due to all the options and how heavily they focus on releasing so many outfits to sell stuff with their F2P MMO.

Once I got to that point and I realized I was spending money just to dress up my character, I stopped playing because there was no real fun left for me to be had that I hadn't already experienced over and over and over already with the same repetitive EQ, combat, and stage design.

In comparison to the original PSO, this wasn't the case. There was no such thing as client orders at all, no system to give out rares by jumping across different quests and killing a few enemies in each. Every area (and most IDs) had some nice drops to get as you played, and everything was a free market meaning you could just play what you found fun to be able to make progress on your char, as there were no real EXP grinds either (while there were the boss rushes, they weren't that far ahead of just playing and you never got any gear doing that). The free market and everything being tradeable meant everything was worthwhile to every player, as if you didn't need it, you gave it to someone who did and earned currency or an item you actually wanted.

I haven't played PSO2 in a while because it pretty much dictates what you have to do to make progress, and I don't like that at all. In fact, I've gone back to the original PSOBB, because it's a game designed to be played anytime, anywhere and at your own leisure, rather than constantly having to play catch up and currency farm, in which case you need to wait for the right time to play anyway (either an EQ or waiting for things to reset).
    This so much! PSO1 was always exciting to play. Sure you would get burned out, because there isn't a whole lot of content, but each time I picked it up, I always got excited and made plans to do some rare hunting, some EXP grinding, etc. You always felt like that SJS could drop from that Gi Gue. Now in PSO2 the drops themselves are so random there is no point in hunting, because the chance of finding the drop you want is non existent. The only thing you can get is CF, which makes the game a boring bore fest. There is not even excitement about finding a rare in this game, because you need to find at least TWO of them for the element grind. On top of that, the gear gets completely drip needed with minor improvements and boring potentials.

Then there is the difference in quest content. PSO1 quests could actually take you an hour to get trough them when you are not OP. The maps were recognisable with all kinds of interesting rooms and spawn combinations. Enemies in normal mode PSO1 are more aggressive and dangerous then the ones in PSO2. Combat in PSO1 felt more in dept in terms of actually timing your attacks, and switching weapons. In PSO2 you just push the 'win' (read: PA) button and switching weapons is like wut? PSO1 was not perfect, but it sure did some core things lots better.

I regularly take breaks from PSO2 and it stays fun that way, but no way I can play this game for a full year anymore. PSO3 can't come soon enough for me.

I was about to say something about how PSO2 fucked up on progression sense, then real life fuck me harder and made me appreciate every moment in PSO2, even if it's juat a full TACO session or a boring CF grinding session.

But seriously, there's nothing wrong in burning out of something. Another thing that I feel need to be realized by others, is that there's nothing wrong with burned out. Just like when your hand hurts from doing monotonous actions repeatedly, playing the same game over and over can make you burned out faster. Either play something else until you feel like PSO2 again, or find something else in the game that make your gaming experience bright again. Like socializing. What differenciate between online games and offline games is the ability to communicate with others far away from your location. Why not use it?

I was lucky to have someone in PSO2 that make the experience greater (even though it's just me helping her finish her CF or just chatting for 3+ hours).

The point of playing game are to have fun. When you're forcing yourself to play, it's no longer a game. It's a work.
    Last edited by Zeroem; Apr 18, 2017 at 12:14 PM.
    *editing post intensifies. Please wait around 5 to 10 minutes before quot-actually, just be wary that I edit my post often.
    .......Mostly because minor things like grammar and mis-spellings*

Quote Originally Posted by Kenichiro Takaki
    "Tits are life, ass is hometown"

I feel that PSO1 and even PSU did more with less.

We have all these areas with so many different map variations due to how they're randomly generated but in the end they all feel the same.

We have this huge list of quests, but, with some of these quests being severely outdated, some just having no point to them, and emergency quests (especially scheduled ones) being the only content really worth doing, PSO2 could really use alot of streamlining when it comes to quests.

In my opinion, ideally they would remove all the bloat (arks quests, free fields, advance quests, time attack quests, ultimate quests, riding quest, emergency quests that aren't bosses, mining base or seasonal) and replace them with just 2 quests per area (every area, including those not easily available currently):
    - 4 players not-randomized quest with a set structure (long areas, area 1, area 2, mini boss as the last spawn on area 2, boss on area 3).
    - 12 players randomized quest (one area, points or time based, field specific gimmicks such as rideroid).

Of course changes like these are never gonna happen, this alone wouldn't fix everything and there's no way they would remove quests at all, but, it's nice to dream?
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Apr 18, 2017 at 12:32 PM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

A lot of valid points really.As my friend and I have often discussed there's no real "meat on the bone" for PSO 2 atm.It's either run EQ's do file work tacos or dailies and that's pretty much it.

I kind of get why Sega focuses on new content but that's pretty much ALL they focus on.Sadly apparent when they can't figure out why Ultimate died.There is little to no reason to do anything outside of what I mentioned and it does get dull after a while.Can only hope episode 5 brings a significant meta shift but I think its best just to expect disappointment from Sega.

Spoiler!
    I do agree with most of this (although I question the statement of " ...Every area (and most IDs) had some nice drops to get as you played... ", that sounds way too good to be true. I have a hard time believing any/all drops from anywhere were always useful. IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT I DID NOT PLAY PSO1 OR BLUE BURST, so pardon my disbelief & feel free to politely enlighten me... because if that's actually true that you could trade/sell ANYthing, then WTF sega we need that in PSO2 like four years ago!).

However, I don't think Collection Files are inherently bad, just poorly implemented (like the majority of ideas / concepts Sega has).

Sure they made getting current / relevant gear a chore, but its still a guarantee. I'm not aiming this at anyone specific, but I think an unfavorable number of players are biased when it comes to their own personal luck in this game. Just because someone doesn't have '___Weapon' doesn't automatically mean they haven't been spending hours/days/weeks trying to farm it (although it is possible that they gave up after only a few attempts, but the argument some players have of "Farm More / Luck Harder" is not valid).
    My first 13* weapon was a Xie 2015 gold badge weapon (when a large number of other players had fully maxed & superior Ares 13* weapons) and that was only because I amassed some 2000+ Gold Badges from spamming the HELL out of the Limited Quest at the time. I never did finish my Ideal Knuckles either because the amount of bad players (myself only being average / competent) I was always grouped with in Challenge Mode did NOT make the amount of points gained / effort worth grinding it up. The whole "Sit there for 15-30minutes before EACH RUN to dictate roles, because of a language barrier" also didn't help.

I not sure how I would "Fix" Collection Files to appease everyone (maybe stop locking certain kills behind EQs & allow you to farm kills from anywhere?), but I definitely wouldn't want them removed completely.

Spoiler!